Warriors win trial against Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Centre Tony Martin scooted across for two tries to lead a strong New Zealand Warriors outfit to a 20-10 NRL trial win over an inexperienced Parramatta team in New Plymouth.

The home team boasted 13 internationals in its 20-strong squad while nine members of the Sydney team have yet to make their first grade debuts.

Both teams were pleased with the result with the Eels youngsters standing tall while the Warriors were content to record a pre-season win after starting slowly last season.

Martin scored a 90m intercept try for the first points of the game before adding a second late in the second quarter as the Warriors took a 16-4 halftime lead.

Clinton Toopi also had a strong game, scoring one try and setting up another while Stacey Jones moved freely and looked dangerous in attack.

Luke O'Dwyer and Chris Muckert were the tryscorers for the visitors.

The Eels play the Roosters in their next trial match next weekend in the central NSW town of Parkes.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Warriors-win-trial-against-Eelss/2005/02/13/1108229849377.html

---------------------------

2004 Premiers

HAHAAHA how crappy are parra they spend all this money and still cant win.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
with 9 rookie's at least Brian Smith has an excuse for this loss!
did Steve Price play?

Reaction score
The Warriors will go alright this year. Pricey and Wiki will do heaps for them, and if Nathan Fien and Stacey Jones get a good combination going, they'll carve up.

As for Parra..I hope they like being located at the foot of the ladder. I don't think it'll change this year.

2004 Premiers

Yeh the warriors and knights are my dark horses for this year only if they can play to there potential.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Mr_Rodriguez said:
with 9 rookie's at least Brian Smith has an excuse for this loss!
did Steve Price play?
nah him and Nathan Fien sat out due to minor niggles or whatever they didnt want to risk them on a trial match

*Doggiez Angel*

Sponsored by Playboy
Reaction score
the warriors could surprise a few people after their very poor form last season :(

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
lol Parra went ok considering the players they fielded remember it was only a trial match hehe ah well "WINNING'S WINNING"
cheers

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
price didnt play man minor niggles but he should play the next trial i think its against St George

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
after seeing the **** that 1/2 and PJ marshall say about the Bulldogs and Bulldogs supporters I dont feel sorry for parramatta

its.......poetic justice seeing parra get axed both full and understrength....
I carnt wait Until the Bulldogs play Parramatta and we get a round one replay of last year :D

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what did pj marshall say about the bulldogs

Am I gonna have to start calling him Pgay marshall

cause I will... I mean I like him, but if he dissed the dogs, I will hate him big time and direct nothing but venom and bad vibes his way

Status
Not open for further replies.