WARRIORS WAIT ON DOGS WINGER

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SJ hype is a load of nonsense. He would be a Floporan part 2 signing. No more past it players, stop gap halves should not break the bank ie: the Blake Green deal or what Souffs did with Benji.
I rate him as a player but at 30 years of age and with that record of not having won a finals game in 10 years I don’t think he’s the answer.

In all of the articles that talk him up none of the journos have mentioned that record

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We should pay ALL his salary this year.
In return, we only chuck in 300 next year, meaning we get 580 to splash on a player like Woods/Tapau next year. That is a big difference from 450

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I rate him as a player but at 30 years of age and with that record of not having won a finals game in 10 years I don’t think he’s the answer.

In all of the articles that talk him up none of the journos have mentioned that record
thats more the teams hes been in
Literally like saying 'Thompson has never played finals in the nrl so not worth it' kinda thing.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats more the teams hes been in
Literally like saying 'Thompson has never played finals in the nrl so not worth it' kinda thing.
But he is a half , not a prop. The big name halves find a way.

Also I think Cronulla regressed when he went there

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any deal signed and approved by the NRL cannot be negotiated down. Even if a player agrees to it. Every dollar DWZ signed for under the Salary Cap needs to be allocated to someone until the end of 2022.
Remember when Woods went to the Sharks? He took a $50k cut to go over so it has happened in the past.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will take elisa katoa from them now and they can have dwz simples

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Johnson is such a tough call. We have Jake and Flanno next year as options.

Obviously Johnson is an upgrade on those but if you have a look at his career I wouldn’t call it successful. This year will be his 11th year in first grade. In his 8 years at the warriors they made the semis twice. He made the grand final in his first year but since then he has not won a single finals game.

That’s not a good stat for a halfback.
He did win a golden boot in that time though. And the warriors as a club have been underwhelming. Not entirely his fault.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt the talent, just can’t see them, at the age and experience they are now, able to lead the team around for 25 rounds
7 Johnson
6 Averillo
13 Burton, sort of yeo type roll with a lot more flair and talent, would that work?
Averilo should be fb well before any thoughts 0f moving Burton anywhere else but the halves!!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did win a golden boot in that time though. And the warriors as a club have been underwhelming. Not entirely his fault.
Definitely not his fault mate. Just saying that his record doesn’t reflect that of an elite half.

All comes down to dollars. I would think $450k max but not sure if he’ll take that

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But he is a half , not a prop. The big name halves find a way.

Also I think Cronulla regressed when he went there
As compared to someone like Sezer though, whom you rate, who was in a premiership winning team and couldnt lift them, was a passenger to Wighton doing the work.

My issue with SJ is a little different, i have witnessed some games with cronulla over the last few years where he was deadset terrible, dropped balls cold, froze in fear etc.

clearly that isnt the norm, and i think i just happened to watch his bad games given his stats, but i worry about a player who can dismantle so easily

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With DWZ being suddenly "injured" and Maumolo being released I'd be shocked if the terms haven't already been agreed to last week and its just a matter of time till its official.
I agree with you, I think he may have played his last game for the club. It makes sense whilst all this trade is being negotiated and he’s injured and the Warriors have already moved on a winger. It’s looks like a smooth deal. It’s also going to help us with our spending money for 2022