WARRIORS WAIT ON DOGS WINGER

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They are never quick to announce these things especially at the Dogs.
For what reason if a deal is done?
As I was told by a board member when we signed Naden, the announcement was made within hours after he signed as they knew it would leak if delayed. Gone are the days of holding announcements for member forums and releasing to the media concurrently. When more than two people know something it’s no longer a secret.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask for a straight swap for Addin Fonua Blake / Kane Evans / etc. If not, they wait till 2023 to get him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE IT!!!!

Reading that a club is waiting for us to release a player. LOL

Based on our roster the past five years I never thought I'd see the day I'd be reading about it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For what reason if a deal is done?
As I was told by a board member when we signed Naden, the announcement was made within hours after he signed as they knew it would leak if delayed. Gone are the days of holding announcements for member forums and releasing to the media concurrently. When more than two people know something it’s no longer a secret.
Maybe the guts of the deal is sorted but they still need to sort out minor details? These things can even depend on a weeks pay in some cases.
There's way too many things that have fallen into place for this not to be done now.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waiting for a top shelf signing to agree to terms with the Atoni and DWZ makoosa... Then they can go.

Love speculating.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WARRIORS WAIT ON DOGS WINGER

NRL.com reports the Warriors are pushing Canterbury to release New Zealand back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak immediately so he can line up on the wing for the remainder of this season.

The Warriors last week released Ken Maumalo to the Tigers mid-season, and want Watene-Zelezniak to take his spot on the wing this year.

In doing so he would have to essentially surrender any chance of wearing a No.1 jumper, given the Warriors have earmarked teenager Reece Walsh as the long-term replacement for outgoing fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.
Let him go he's fucking useless and overpriced.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the guts of the deal is sorted but they still need to sort out minor details? These things can even depend on a weeks pay in some cases.
There's way too many things that have fallen into place for this not to be done now.
I agree it looks more likely than not but so did a deal with the Tigers before that stalled. I believe it will be announced as soon as it’s finalised. This potentially is more complicated than just freight - for instance when the Warriors return to NZ they’ll need to consider kids schools and other lifestyle factors.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money talks guys, reducing the accepted freight value the dogs have to pay would assist in speedig up the process I'm sure.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems like the dogs are holding out for a good deal on the split for next year. If the reports that he is on 800K next year are true, then i'd honestly take a 50/50 split for his wages next year and be done with it. Hopefully we can push for a better deal than that though, maybe pay out the entirety of this year and a smaller portion of next year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
In any potential deal we’re in the box seat.
Warriors have already released Maumolo which is different to both Tigers and Ponies in the examples you gave. How desperate are the Warriors? They can pay more of the freight otherwise no or delayed deal.

DWZ himself shouldn’t be a major factor - he’s a Kiwi and the Warriors are allegedly offering him additional contract time beyond 2022 which the Dogs wouldn’t.

Many have criticised our club for alleged ‘weakness’ in letting players go - let’s see how they handle this one.
Exactly we constantly get picked on here for acquiescing too easily in letting players go and now that we are playing a bit of hard ball to get what we want the whingers are complaining that it is taking too long. FFS it will take as long at it takes to get the maximum we can get out of it.

Always a Bulldog

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on what baldy (hooper) had to say on a blog yesterday, any amount we contribute towards DWZ salary for next year can be brought forward to this years salary cap.

Therefore if we have some space left in the cap for this year, best not to dither and move him on ASAP.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on mate, you are talking sense here... you know TK doesn't operate on those lines!!
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the dogs are holding out for a good deal on the split for next year. If the reports that he is on 800K next year are true, then i'd honestly take a 50/50 split for his wages next year and be done with it. Hopefully we can push for a better deal than that though, maybe pay out the entirety of this year and a smaller portion of next year.
I think 50/50 is best case scenario.

Hopefully all bulldog officials responsible for player contracts are subjected to both drug and alcohol testing on a regular basis

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Based on what baldy (hooper) had to say on a blog yesterday, any amount we contribute towards DWZ salary for next year can be brought forward to this years salary cap.

Therefore if we have some space left in the cap for this year, best not to dither and move him on ASAP.
Exactly; that’s what I said despite others falsely dismissing it.