Warm Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised nobody has blamed the loss on the fact the boys did warm up on the field. I personally found it strange considering it was 30 degrees out there. Souths didn’t and I know hindsight is a beautiful thing, but could of used that extra energy at the end there.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve always thought that modern warm-ups are too long.

Endurance is a big issue for our side

Reactions: GDR

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not give them a shot of Vodka to warm up.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Warm-ups and cool-downs are important aspects of match day routines.Brian Smith and Ian Schubert (who were sports teachers at James Cook Boys High, Kogarah), before a game, used to ensure that these were maximized to ensure performance and reduce the risk of injury.They saw it as vital that our bodies did not exceed core temperature and cool off quickly.Rapid decrease, in increased blood flow and muscle temperature, can disrupt temporary connective tissue bonds,which has the potential to weaken your muscles (strength) and impair judgement and co-ordination.Basically the time awarded for increase in body temperature must be in direct relation to it's cool off.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warm-ups and cool-downs are important aspects of match day routines.Brian Smith and Ian Schubert (who were sports teachers at James Cook Boys High, Kogarah), before a game, used to ensure that these were maximized to ensure performance and reduce the risk of injury.They saw it as vital that our bodies did not exceed core temperature and cool off quickly.Rapid decrease, in increased blood flow and muscle temperature, can disrupt temporary connective tissue bonds,which has the potential to weaken your muscles (strength) and impair judgement and co-ordination.Basically the time awarded for increase in body temperature must be in direct relation to it's cool off.
There is no evidence to support this “theory”- warm ups do not prevent injury or improve performance FACT-core temperature remains constant “the core temperature “ is a constant ,if the body exceeds this the mechanism for cooling down is sweating . Though cooling down post event is important to minimise lactic acid- the nemesis of every athlete.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no evidence to support this “theory”- warm ups do not prevent injury or improve performance FACT-core temperature remains constant “the core temperature “ is a constant ,if the body exceeds this the mechanism for cooling down is sweating . Though cooling down post event is important to minimise lactic acid- the nemesis of every athlete.
You misunderstood what I said.Core temperature increases as heart rate increases due to blood flow and blood pressure,reason we sweat (to try to bring temp down).What i'm talking about has nothing to do with lactic-acid but more to do with blood flow.Try sweating then cooling off quickly your muscles will contract you could even cramp.Look at elite athletes in the Olympics after a warm up they continue with reduced exercises (like walking or stretching) to cool body temp and reduce heart rate slowly.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with our warmup. It was shorter than usual and they remained in the shade the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.