Wakeham??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can Cogger play hooker?
I would give him a run there next year...
Coggers defence isn't good enough. Nor his passing in my opinion.

Hence why his side of the field isn't getting good ball to wingers/centre much.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Wakeham could be something, already has shown good natural insincts and a solid kicking game

Malla

Reaction score
He's ok. I can't see him playing more than 30 FG games if he is lucky.

It's good for him to get some exposure in the NRL. I hope he gets a contract in the ESL and earns a lot of money doing it. Good kid.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's good for him to get some exposure in the NRL. I hope he gets a contract in the ESL and earns a lot of money doing it. Good kid.
He’s only 20, has barely played Canterbury Cup and had 2 games in the NRL.

How can you tell he’s going to be average?

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That's a big call. Kids had big wraps on him for a while now and so far his got a 100% winnng record.

Looks the goods to finish his career at the dogs with a premiership under his belt in my opinion.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's a big call. Kids had big wraps on him for a while now and so far his got a 100% winnng record.

Looks the goods to finish his career at the dogs with a premiership under his belt in my opinion.
DWZ, CHN, RT, Ogden, R Smith, Wakeham & Lewis build around them for mine.

Id even add Hoppa to the list. Okonbur possibly..

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not saying this kid will be as successful as JT but a lot of the stuff he does on the park reminds me of him. His competitive instincts and size draw comparisons I just hope he studies what made JT the great player he was and picks parts of his game he needs to keep working hard at. Keep at it, getting better daily young fella!

Malla

Reaction score

I hope you are right...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham used to be Josh Reynolds like with his composure in the lower grades but thankfully he has calmed down a lot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Lol. Now if you say you rate Lewis higher I'm going to punch you through the screen lolol. Wakeham has class written all over him, the biggest hurdle will be physically handling the NRL and settling in but he's still young and has plenty of time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh he has so much shit in him and I fucking love it. When we played the Sharks he tackled Johnson on the last tackle and then casualy waited for him to get up before shoving him back to the ground while he was still off balance lolol. It's something so stupid but he just executes it so well unlike some other players

Malla

Reaction score
Lol. Now if you say you rate Lewis higher I'm going to punch you through the screen lolol. Wakeham has class written all over him, the biggest hurdle will be physically handling the NRL and settling in but he's still young and has plenty of time.
As a half?? Hell no. Lewis is not a half. I have said that many, many times before. But the fact that Lewis was able to produce in the halves last year when we had nobody proves his worth in first grade so Pay needs to find a spot in the first grade squad for him.

Wakeham is classy but you alluded to it, his size will hold him back. Unless he can prove us wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As a half?? Hell no. Lewis is not a half. I have said that many, many times before. But the fact that Lewis was able to produce in the halves last year when we had nobody proves his worth in first grade so Pay needs to find a spot in the first grade squad for him.

Wakeham is classy but you alluded to it, his size will hold him back. Unless he can prove us wrong.
Lewis won't fit anywhere until he bulks up, even then he doesn't have the running impact of a Murray or Radley like some of us want. The blueprint he has to follow is probably Matterson and I just can't see him doing that though imo that is his only shot.

Wakeham size isn't really the issue imo, it's more of him being physically ready to constantly take the contact. Size might help or he could just get conditioned to it as his body continues to grow and learns from it. He has defenitely filled out compared to last season so it's being worked on.

Malla

Reaction score
Lewis won't fit anywhere until he bulks up, even then he doesn't have the running impact of a Murray or Radley like some of us want. The blueprint he has to follow is probably Matterson and I just can't see him doing that though imo that is his only shot.

Wakeham size isn't really the issue imo, it's more of him being physically ready to constantly take the contact. Size might help or he could just get conditioned to it as his body continues to grow and learns from it. He has defenitely filled out compared to last season so it's being worked on.
Yeah, I just love his defensive work and he put himself in the right position in attack as well. Was just really impressed with him last season and thought he should some how find himself in first grade.

Would much rather him than spastic Elliot

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I just love his defensive work and he put himself in the right position in attack as well. Was just really impressed with him last season and thought he should some how find himself in first grade.

Would much rather him than spastic Elliot
Last season was a bit of an anomaly. He came into the side during the back end of the season and hit a massive purple patch of form and performed better than he previously had in any other senior grade. His composure was stupidly high and the shackles were off a lot of other players. He probably contributed to that but near impossible to replicate. He also didn't really look to improve on anything during the off season and pretty much every aspect of his game regressed. I really don't see him popping up again tbh.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
For me he doesn't stand out as being the next big thing . Put CHN through a Montoya size hole . Even watching reserves he doesn't have that 1 thing to brag about like if he had the blistering acceleration or the magic step or the crisp cut out passing game . Game plan isn't this fault but this halves on one side shit puts pressure on new halves to try get into the game. Pearce is a great example of on the ball half.