Wakeham to wear number 7

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean improve his defence ? His D was sensational this year, and if at centre is only one spot further out.
It's not so much he can't tackle, it's his decision making. He has a tendency to rush out of the line and has done so his entire career to date.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I see your point and your possibly right, though i think BBO is potentially better than Wakeham as a halfback and Avo isn't really a half? so while it may work but yes has risk(s)
I just think it's too much pressure, especially when you consider the circumstances surrounding the club. There's a possibility we could ruin his development by throwing him in at this stage

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe BBO and Cook to share the 9..and JMK to re-unite with his brother at the Tiggers..
JMK will be surplus in 23,so send him to his brother now.
100% JMK has had 3 years and done bugger all I would start Bbo at half cook at 9,I like averilo,but he has a very ordinary kicking game at the moment,and defensively he was terrible,I would have him coming of the bench,so he can learn from the experienced players around him .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pfft, Averillo is seen training in a position other than 7, therefore he is not 7. It's not like footy clubs have to think about injuries during the season and during games that require shuffling players around. Obviously a terrible idea to make sure a decent portion of your playing roster is at least passingly familiar with multiple roles.
There's a timeline of a events here at play with these rumours. Jake and Wakeham are the favoured halfback options for this season, Jake goes down injured and Wakeham as a result spends more time training at halfback and all of a sudden becomes the favoured option. Jake returns from injury and spends limited time training and this apparently confirms the change in preference. Cotric is released, a backline spot opens and all of a sudden Averillo is a centre lol.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not so much he can't tackle, it's his decision making. He has a tendency to rush out of the line and has done so his entire career to date.
No the season just gone

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like wakeham. He is a bulldog and a bit of a grub. Just needs to back his natural ability more and not be so rigid.
He is a kid, bit of a larriken and positive at training but he is still a bit off full time NRL. I dont see him beating BBO to a halves spot though would love to flick Flanno and try and keep him around the club somehow.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo 7. BBO 14. Wakeham 6 in reserves.
Defo looks that way... BBO X factor off the bench is a must if we are going with an attacking machine sort roster.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defo looks that way... BBO X factor off the bench is a must if we are going with an attacking machine sort roster.
will be playing 9 predominantly not sure this is ideal long term? what about '23 when Mahoney's here an 80 minute player..
My question is If he is a halfback..when do we "blood" him?

Tomatoesoup

Waterboy
Reaction score
Flanagan hasn’t even had a crack with the first grade boys today they had a opposed session with numbered jerseys. Flanagan and Corey Allan and Wakeham lines up with the reserve graders.

Averillo was 7 and burton was 6

Other notables were Max king playing in the middle on the a grade side with Vaughn