Opinion Wakeham JIZZ TRAIN!!!!!!! CHOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We desperately need a halfback for next year. Shaun Johnson plus a hooker have to be our number 1 targets.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given that opportunities have been few and far between for Wakeham he really needs to take this one with both hands. I'm not really sure if Wakeham has been willing to play second fiddle and not call for the ball in the past. But Averillo to an extent has been in that position this year to a degree, so it'll be interesting to see who takes the initiative this week. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. Might even be a bit of a benefit that our opposition won't be certain who the primary playmaker will be and it gives us a bit of an edge that they won't be able to focus the defense heavily on either one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We desperately need a halfback for next year. Shaun Johnson plus a hooker have to be our number 1 targets.
I personally think Shaun Johnson is a tad over rated. Great on his day when his running game is on, but never rated him as an organizer and never thought his kicking game was that great.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In the 70's in the first few games I saw Turvey play I knew he'll be our GOAT and win a few comps for us. He is still the best player from any team that I've ever seen.
In the first few games I saw Wakeham play I knew he was a dud and will never make it as top HB.
Ditto Lewis, Flanno.
However I've seen enough of Burton in only a few games to know he's the real deal. He has attributes and a skill level that L, W and F will never have.
If he stays with us with the rest of his career, healthy and motivated my prediction is that he'll be amongst our greatest players ranked behind only Turvey and Baa.
Very big call.
However let's hope Burton does have a long and successful career at Canterbury.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There must be something with this kid that has only shown glimpses

The NSW coach rates him highly

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's embarrassing how much our halves have stunk for years now. Thankfully Burton will solve that. But having an adequate halves partner for him would help.

Hopefully Averillo steps up and takes his opportunity. If not, we'll have to try and sign someone else... Wakeham gets his chance but he hasn't done much with his previous opportunities and like Flanagan, he also has an average kicking game and never takes the line on..
I swear our club has been cursed in the halves

Flanno
Avo
Lewis
Wakeham
Cogger
Frawley
Mbye

Malla

Reaction score
When can we actually bring up players from SG ball if ever? Dragons debuted 2 on the weekend. Surely there is some talent there we can just say fuck it and have a crack

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very big call.
However let's hope Burton does have a long and successful career at Canterbury.
one man doesnt make a team. we are all looking for a saviour. I hope we don't start hearing next year. "give it to Burton" everytime we get the ball. From everyone else in the team.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t mind it. He’ll do a better job of it than what Wakeham could.
Probably, but Averillo is even younger and less experienced than Flanagan. Plus he's definately more of a 6 than a 7. Don't want us repeating the same mistake that we made with Flanagan; pushing too much responsibility on someone who isn't up for it. Whilst Averillo has been looking good in moments, he hasn't exactly been setting the house on fire either.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Settle down what do you want him to do in 1 game he was ok for his first game