Waikiki- HAWAII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Hey All,

Im headed to Hawaii in 2 weeks for my 1 yr anniversary with the wife and want to know of any good places to go or any recommendations?
any feedback would be great!!
I'm also flyin Jetstar and never have before, so any feedback on them would b great too!!
thanks guys

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Mate, Jetstar is cheap..but you get know inflight food or movies etc...unless you buy from them (i think)
Iv travelled jetstar domestically and it was a disaster. Flights delayed and nothing to do but sleep.
If you guys have found a good deal (meals etc) on it then by all means.
Personally, i love to travel Air Pacific :P and also emirates :P

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
yeh i know there are no meals or anything..ill just stuff my face at the airport before i leave. im takn my laptop and the Hindmarsh book he just released so it should keep me entertained for 9 hours lol..
i flew etihad last yr when i did a eurotrip for my honeymoon, they are pretty good.
.wat do u mean copying u?

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dude definately go to Pearl Harbour pretty powerful stuff there the international markets are also good and my final recommendation (if you don't already surf) is get a lesson at Waikiki, the waves are small but ridiculously long so that was awesome there is also a pretty good waterpark there but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Dude definately go to Pearl Harbour pretty powerful stuff there the international markets are also good and my final recommendation (if you don't already surf) is get a lesson at Waikiki, the waves are small but ridiculously long so that was awesome there is also a pretty good waterpark there but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called
never surfed in my life!!
have always been curious to try though... i done a full reco on my knee a couple yrs bak... dnt no if it wuld hold up!!
thanks for the tip
definately hittn up pearl harbour

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
never surfed in my life!!
have always been curious to try though... i done a full reco on my knee a couple yrs bak... dnt no if it wuld hold up!!
thanks for the tip
definately hittn up pearl harbour
well a pretty good place to learn then the waves are small like I said but go for a long time problem is the waves break so far out you are buggered by the time you get out there like I said worth trying though. Also forgot you should check out Kuoloa Ranch- this is where heaps of films and tv shows have been filmed such as lost and jurrasic park alot of the sets are still set up and you can do tours through it

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely Pearl Harbour! Such a moving place. I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon a few yrs back. It's the most beautiful place in the world. It's the only place outside Australia that I'd live!

Shopping is great over there. Brand name stuff is heaps cheaper then here. I bought like 5 element shirts for 50 bux or something. No fakes either.

International marketplace is great. Good fun at night. Man I'm so jealous! I wanna go back so bad. We're planning on going for our 5 yr anniversary. What hotel are u staying at?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
stayn at the Hyatt Regency which is across the road from the beach.... my cuzn stayed there last yr said it was awesome....
i cant wait to go... have always wanted to go Hawaii!!
2 weeks at the beach and relaxing
cant complain!!!
heard the shopping is heaps good but jetsar is **** and i can only carry 20kg in main suitcase... so ill be packing really light!!
only reason i went with them is because it was a deal....13 nights... and return flights for about 4k

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Did you buy the tickets on that Jetstar sale? Think it was $330 return.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been fortunate to visit a few times.
Stayed with the Hilton Hawai'ian Villiage that has it's own private beach area.

I'd suggest Top of Waikiki TOW revolving restaurant (http://www.yelp.com/biz/top-of-waikiki-honolulu) although it is about 5 year since I ate there, some reviews of culinary experiences suggest a dip in quality. Views are exceptional.

Hire a convertible and drive the whole island in a day -- stopping at Hanauma Bay (early to avoid crowds, although could be an entire day there), Waimea Bay and local villages.

If you're a fan of the series Lost, you'll notice the many mountain formations used throughout the show. Plus you can still see the airplane fuselage in an abandoned industrial lot (circa 2010).

Be sure not to 'borrow' anything from Hawai'i .. some folks are very superstitious about the spiritual origins of native artifacts (coral, stones, volcano remnants etc).

Might want to purchase the http://www.nrl.livesport.tv/ package so you can watch live over there!!

Have a great trip!!!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grab come cookies from the Honolulu cookie company! Best cookies ever. And there pineapple is the bomb!!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Hey All,

Im headed to Hawaii in 2 weeks for my 1 yr anniversary with the wife and want to know of any good places to go or any recommendations?
any feedback would be great!!
I'm also flyin Jetstar and never have before, so any feedback on them would b great too!!
thanks guys
FLY TO THE MAIN ISLAND AND VISIT THE VOLCANos
hire a car and drive around the small island
pearl harbour
visit the shopping outlets
walk up diamond hill
hire mopeds
go jet skiing

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
FLY TO THE MAIN ISLAND AND VISIT THE VOLCANos
hire a car and drive around the small island
pearl harbour
visit the shopping outlets
walk up diamond hill
hire mopeds
go jet skiing
will definately shop til i drop
plan to hire a mustang to go for a cruise
def going to pearl harbour
not keen on walking up mountains...but it cant hurt...mite burn off the alcohol and all the crap i eat there
def wouldnt mind going jetskiing.....or hiring a moped...and volcanos sound interesting

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Volcanoes would be great. We were meant to go there but travel agents stuffed the booking. Not cheap though. I think it was gonna be 800 for 2.

Alo Moana is the main shopping Centre. It's really good. It's actually all outdoors.

If u like ribs, go to the cheesecake factory! Best ribs I've had, and **** massive! Be prepared to line up though. It's crazy there. We went for lunch cos dinner was too packed.

Food is pretty expensive. I think between two of us in 6 days we spent like 700 bux. But we didn't hesitate on anything. Big meals 3 times a day lol. And lots of alcohol too

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Volcanoes would be great. We were meant to go there but travel agents stuffed the booking. Not cheap though. I think it was gonna be 800 for 2.

Alo Moana is the main shopping Centre. It's really good. It's actually all outdoors.

If u like ribs, go to the cheesecake factory! Best ribs I've had, and **** massive! Be prepared to line up though. It's crazy there. We went for lunch cos dinner was too packed.

Food is pretty expensive. I think between two of us in 6 days we spent like 700 bux. But we didn't hesitate on anything. Big meals 3 times a day lol. And lots of alcohol too
cheesecake factory....i've heard about it many times!!
but apparently u cant book to go in...you have to go and line up!!!
so i plan to go there at least a couple of times!!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
will definately shop til i drop
plan to hire a mustang to go for a cruise
def going to pearl harbour
not keen on walking up mountains...but it cant hurt...mite burn off the alcohol and all the crap i eat there
def wouldnt mind going jetskiing.....or hiring a moped...and volcanos sound interesting
yeah **** walking just hire the mopeds and cruise up there
not sure if you drink or not but check our senor frogs
when you go to sunset beach and Waimea Bay leave early its only one road in and out - dont leave anything in your car ( the 4wd we had got ransacked ) we didnt leave anything in it though
also check out turtle island i think its on the east of the island you can hire paddle boats and go out there

i just got a bonus at work and going to do my tax next week - might head there again

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cheesecake factory....i've heard about it many times!!
but apparently u cant book to go in...you have to go and line up!!!
so i plan to go there at least a couple of times!!
Yea they don't take bookings. Some nights people would line up for hrs! Lunch time is pretty easy to get in though.
Planet Hollywood is a good feed too. The local beer is actually really good. And cheap lol. I bought a 6 pack of Kona Longboards for 3.50!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
thanks guys
Pay your Airfare, arrive at the Airport only to be notified that your flight has been 'cancelled' for a few hours, then it will 1-3 days for whatever reason only than after that to tell you they have no available flights to Hawaii for 2 weeks or so. There goes your planned holiday

And no they will not refund your flight because they will claim they're not at fault for cancellations of the flights.

Speaking from experience here.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Pay your Airfare, arrive at the Airport only to be notified that your flight has been 'cancelled' for a few hours, then it will 1-3 days for whatever reason only than after that to tell you they have no available flights to Hawaii for 2 weeks or so. There goes your planned holiday

And no they will not refund your flight because they will claim they're not at fault for cancellations of the flights.

Speaking from experience here.
i would definately knock the person out if they gave me that news...dont jinx it!

Status
Not open for further replies.