Opinion Waddell

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely had a Yep feel to him tonight. Much better in the middle and he actually looks dangerous with ball in hand too.

Interesting to see what happens when troops return from injury and suspension.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Because his signing didn't make sense, long-term deal and played him on an edge where he looked terrible. Plays a different role tonight and looked far more valuable.
so in effect,his signing makes sense it’s his positioning that didn’t

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
He was playing like shit tbf. Looked good tonight though
Apparently Barrett was coaching like shit too.
Patience is a virtue.
It's like you all think we're gonna win a comp in the next 2 years the amount of vitriol here for some of these guys.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Barrett was coaching like shit too.
Patience is a virtue.
It's like you all think we're gonna win a comp in the next 2 years the amount of vitriol here for some of these guys.
Well we were playing like absolute shit so the coach is obviously gonna cop the brunt of it. We actually had a dig tonight and defended well for the first time all year. Credit where credit is due but we've been fucking poor so far except for tonight. I didn't expect much from us this year but we had shown absolutely nothing before tonight.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Because his signing didn't make sense, long-term deal and played him on an edge where he looked terrible. Plays a different role tonight and looked far more valuable.
Where does his signing not make sense?
Usefull player,signed for small-ish coin.
Seems like a better signing than,say,T Rex was,at ANY point!
My point is not all signings are gonna turn out to be world class players now or in the future.
As long as they make sense and add something to the team over the course of their contract.
Most people here had written him off before he even played a game for us.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he's definitely much more suited to lock, looks a lot more comfortable in defence and offers a fair bit more through the middle. Almost Yeo like with his running style and ball skills. Just keep him away from the edge...please.
Did play well in the middle but he still shit me when he lost that ball that end up behind his back on the ground. He’s got a dumb play in him every game.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Well we were playing like absolute shit so the coach is obviously gonna cop the brunt of it. We actually had a dig tonight and defended well for the first time all year. Credit where credit is due but we've been fucking poor so far except for tonight. I didn't expect much from us this year but we had shown absolutely nothing before tonight.
Yes,true,but in all of those games we were in the match till half time at least for the first 3 matches.
Then the last 3 games we have been able to find something in attack.
Tonight we found our defence,which has been the key ingredient missing in all the previous matches.
Gives me hope going forward.
I believe Barrett is making a difference,and some players who have been criticised unfairly,like Waddell,need to be cut a break.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Seriously, can anyone here remember a positive thing said about Waddell when his signing was announced on this site?
Anything?

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,true,but in all of those games we were in the match till half time at least for the first 3 matches.
Then the last 3 games we have been able to find something in attack.
Tonight we found our defence,which has been the key ingredient missing in all the previous matches.
Gives me hope going forward.
I believe Barrett is making a difference,and some players who have been criticised unfairly,like Waddell,need to be cut a break.
Yeah fair. As long as we keep up our effort and defence from tonight I'll be real happy.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Yeah fair. As long as we keep up our effort and defence from tonight I'll be real happy.
That's all we can ask for.
And if that's all we get then I won't be "too" disappointed.
Would like a few more wins though obviously lol

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not anonymous. He missed NINE tackles and kicked the ball into touch just after we got 6 more tackles. Plays with heart but not with his head, that's for sure.
He just doesn't have it. Bloke goes hard but he's a numbskull and has no skill

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Not anonymous. He missed NINE tackles and kicked the ball into touch just after we got 6 more tackles. Plays with heart but not with his head, that's for sure.
Elliot is an effort player,we need players like that.
Not saying he's the greatest,not saying he's the worst,but he at least has a go.
Every team needs players like that.
I'll never criticise him for having a crack.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was more direct with his running tonight rather than the little dance he has been doing! Hopefully he builds on that cause he does have a good offload

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, can anyone here remember a positive thing said about Waddell when his signing was announced on this site?
Anything?
Up untill tonight. Most of the kennel experts have bagged to crap out of the bloke.