Waddell on Mornings with Matty White

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Sounds like he has his head screwed on the right way.

Trent working on Corey's ball playing this season hey with more emphasis on attack for the team. Good news.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's always good to hear from the new guys and get some insight into their thought process and personality. Particularly when it's an external interview, rather than an in-house promo. Corey spoke well and seemed to say all the right things.

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I’m going to over analyse what was said and potentially create something out of nothing but he mentioned getting his hands on the ball more and improving his attack because he struggled with that coming off the bench.

Could he potentially get a starting spot? It would make sense as coming here would’ve been a bit of a sideways move him career wise and getting the start would’ve been enticing.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Win or lose, at least we are going to see some entertaining play by the sounds of it.

Best part no more tolman killing plays and useless hit ups, no more Montoya doing dumb shit EVERY game etc etc. I can’t wait

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m going to over analyse what was said and potentially create something out of nothing but he mentioned getting his hands on the ball more and improving his attack because he struggled with that coming off the bench.

Could he potentially get a starting spot? It would make sense as coming here would’ve been a bit of a sideways move him career wise and getting the start would’ve been enticing.
Where does he start though and who's benched for him?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The attack is coming from such a low base that anything will be an improvement because it’s impossible for it to get worse.
Yeah I agree it was so poor, that it has too improve.. I'm expecting/hoping for a substantial improvement though.. I don't mean premiership threat type of improvement, but rather regularly scoring more than 18 points, type of improvement..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree it was so poor, that it has too improve.. I'm expecting/hoping for a substantial improvement though.. I don't mean premiership threat type of improvement, but rather regularly scoring more than 18 points, type of improvement..
Even if Pay was still here I think the attack would marginally improve just with the roster changes but then you add in Tbaz and I think every fan should rightfully expect more than a marginal improvement.

I’m not sure if we will see the improvements early in the season though it could take a while until it all gels.

I think I’ll cry if by round 20 that El Masri 2004 season points tally gets compared to the amounts of points the Dogs have scored this year haha.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
New boss in the house, plenty off contract players this year and a couple of big names still to arrive.

There is zero excuse for complacency this year and everyone is under pressure to perform (players and staff).

So I think if we have any luck and build a little momentum we should be fighting for a finals berth in the last couple of rounds.

Hurry up and start already...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t a bad interview, he didn’t just regurgitate and bunch of cliches. I’m looking forward to him playing for us this year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Will definitely offer us something different.
Holden Cup player of the year (is that just for Panthers or the competition?) is a pretty big achievement considering the competition in his own team. I know he got a long-term injury at a key time of his development which has held him back. He was up there with Cleary, Luai, Leota and that group coming through as the best from the Panthers.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould was quoted as saying he would play Origin one day.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Been a while since we've had a consistent, agile, running 2ndrower in the Tank mode so here's hoping he recaptures that form.

I remember suggesting him when he came off contract at Penrith. ...but he went to Manly.

If all these guys can buy in with Baz, he looks to have recruited really well.

I agree it will take time tho. We've been so hapless for a few years so the belief needs to be built up.

We can't expect miracles but we should feel confident tho bc all the groundwork looks set up..and in a professional way with long term planning.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both him and Hetherington could kick arse for us this year here's hoping, plus they would have maybe played together at Penrith a few years back i'm guessing? Think Corey mentioned Hetho as one in particular that was training the house down..