WA nrl

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the nrl were smart or actually had any brains they should be targeting this now the door is about to be wife open

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cant see it happening... Tigers, Knights and Titans arent really doing to well in regards to sustainability. Gotta have all teams well placed before expansion is even considered. Teams should be culled, but i dont know who you could get rid of tbh... and considering the current state of the NRL i dont think they are in a position to even consider this.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a case of bad timing, wouldn't be sustainable at the moment unfortunately

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh the Nrl would function better if there was 3 less Sydney teams WITH 2 extra teams in queensland and a team in WA.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They already tried once and its a massive risk, if a team on the gold coast which is in footy mad QLD can barely stay afloat its hard to see a WA team being financially successful.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They should go there, but the only way I see that working long term would be to invite a Sydney based team to move, not because the fans would follow but because the league doesn't need more teams..... it just needs less in Sydney and more anywhere else.

Alternatively, merge two teams and create a new one there (and, come on, it would just be funny to merge Tigers with another club...... that gave them no say in anything, but put a tiny Tiger logo on one sleeve and a tiny Magpie logo on the Tigers leg).

Fans won't like it, but if the game is to get bigger, Sydney can't be as over represented as it already is, there isn't much more money to squeeze out of Sydney, more pockets are needed.

There is another hurdle fans wouldn't like, if the game is to grow in other states, the pinnacle of the game can't be a series played between NSW and QLD, so Origin would need to go away too...... good luck to anyone looking to address those two issues holding the game back.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If two sydney teams were to be eliminated, which team would they be?. Tigers would be the most likely with maybe Manly as well.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If two sydney teams were to be eliminated, which team would they be?. Tigers would be the most likely with maybe Manly as well.
Only one really needs to go, Tigers would be my pick

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think now is the time. The Force are being kicked out due to the restructure of Super Rugby. I think NOW is the time for a rugby league team to be stationed there - bring in the WA Reds or Pirates - whatever they're planning on calling them.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
They already tried once and its a massive risk, if a team on the gold coast which is in footy mad QLD can barely stay afloat its hard to see a WA team being financially successful.
eh gold coast have never been really into their sporting teams

Status
Not open for further replies.