Vlandy’s you fat dog, what have you done?

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thursday:

Storm 46
roosters 0

Super Saturday

Manly: 66
Bulldogs: 0

Titans: 44
raiders: 6

Knights: 38
cowboys: 0

we ain’t the only ones…. The game is dead
Found this online
Petition against VLANDYS

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with most mate except for Fbaz.. He is fucking nowhere and although I am not calling for him to go (because it won’t happen until next year at the earliest) we need to make appropriate changes now to help the situation short and long term.
Suggestions? For mine Furner should go (defence generally poor). I haven’t heard boo from Sandercock all year - what does he do? Ferris some don’t like but to me he’s no worse than Ayoub was. Potter/Tangata-Toa seem reasonable appointments as Mounties are going OK and we seem to have some decent kids coming though from what we’ve seen so far.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Found this online
Petition against VLANDYS
Sign it and share it...
Let your voices be heard

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some teams look very unfit , some teams don’t have a clue on how to play with the new rules & some teams are just garbage
Melbourne and Penrith don’t have any new amazing players that they didn’t have last year
The problem lies with the 6 again rule
Teams can’t defend constant set restarts with 8 + tackles repeatedly ( that’s conditioning )

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only makes for better punts, odds are more favourable lol..

I placed 5 Multis this weekend and won 4, 95% win rate, and made big profit, so that’s about all he’s done for the punters.!!

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The damage now is irreparable. You know the idea of "dare not speak its name"... despite all the outside pressure, the NRL had better not said anything about concussions, other than discretely with the players union and the club.

Instead it blurted all this nonsense out, and now you cannot walk back any of it. How can you?

Because as much as I think the 6 again rule is largely responsible for the blowouts, the thing that has sealed it is the heavy handed "player protection" crackdown. And I'm not just talking about high tackle sin-bins and send offs. I'm talking about something that has only gotten worse from an already bad position years back, the increasingly soft interpretation of a "crusher" tackle.

It's already hard enough for retreating defenses to cope after repeated 6 agains, but then they are having to be extremely cautious with their defense. They can no longer try to put a sting in to their tackles, because accuracy over force is the imperative.

Further... I feel that refereeing inconsistency is a huge factor too. I know it's always inherent, but it's magnified by these rule changes/dulling down of the game.

All of this cannot be walked back. We'll all probably adapt to continue watching, out of habit... but it's a meaningless game now.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Some teams look very unfit , some teams don’t have a clue on how to play with the new rules & some teams are just garbage
Melbourne and Penrith don’t have any new amazing players that they didn’t have last year
Teams can’t defend constant set restarts with 8 + tackles repeatedly ( that’s conditioning )
The "unfit" claim is bullshit, what we have currently are players with bodies and conditioning of them specifically designed to play a contact sport at high intensity for short periods of time, recover and then do it again. In athletics the closest analogy would be a 100/200 metre sprinter. In comparison NRL players are not marathon runners, they are not selected through their youth or then trained and physically conditioned to run flat out for 80 minutes. That is the problem with the rules changes / interpretations, they have changed the game so much that the typical NRL player is no longer able to keep up with the game. This is only amplified when a team gets repeat sets and their opposition is forced to defend for long periods.

If we want players able to run flat out for 80 minutes then we need to start recruiting from a young age kids with AFL player style physical attributes. Train them to high levels of aerobic fitness, able to run 30/40 kilometres in a game and ignore the resulting deficiencies in contact absorption. Sure players will get injured more often because they won't have the physique or the conditioning to handle the constant impacts, but at least they will be able to run for 80 minutes.

Always a Bulldog

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well V'Landys has stuffed the game anyway, time for a player or 2 to challenge the salary cap as a restraint of trade. Will easily win in court & we can start buying players other teams can't. Can't stuff the game too much more than what V'Landys has done.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me its obvious that the rules were introduced to cause fatigue and the 6 again rule did just that, I wonder if V'Alandys even knows that fatigue is by far the greatest cause of score blowouts.
If the NRL dosen't turn the clock back, it would prove to me that they actually want to see these blowouts, because in the end a few of the Sydney based teams will just have to fold because they will never be competitive.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "unfit" claim is bullshit, what we have currently are players with bodies and conditioning of them specifically designed to play a contact sport at high intensity for short periods of time, recover and then do it again. In athletics the closest analogy would be a 100/200 metre sprinter. In comparison NRL players are not marathon runners, they are not selected through their youth or then trained and physically conditioned to run flat out for 80 minutes. That is the problem with the rules changes / interpretations, they have changed the game so much that the typical NRL player is no longer able to keep up with the game. This is only amplified when a team gets repeat sets and their opposition is forced to defend for long periods.

If we want players able to run flat out for 80 minutes then we need to start recruiting from a young age kids with AFL player style physical attributes. Train them to high levels of aerobic fitness, able to run 30/40 kilometres in a game and ignore the resulting deficiencies in contact absorption. Sure players will get injured more often because they won't have the physique or the conditioning to handle the constant impacts, but at least they will be able to run for 80 minutes.

Always a Bulldog
Very true.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The damage now is irreparable. You know the idea of "dare not speak its name"... despite all the outside pressure, the NRL had better not said anything about concussions, other than discretely with the players union and the club.

Instead it blurted all this nonsense out, and now you cannot walk back any of it. How can you?

Because as much as I think the 6 again rule is largely responsible for the blowouts, the thing that has sealed it is the heavy handed "player protection" crackdown. And I'm not just talking about high tackle sin-bins and send offs. I'm talking about something that has only gotten worse from an already bad position years back, the increasingly soft interpretation of a "crusher" tackle.

It's already hard enough for retreating defenses to cope after repeated 6 agains, but then they are having to be extremely cautious with their defense. They can no longer try to put a sting in to their tackles, because accuracy over force is the imperative.

Further... I feel that refereeing inconsistency is a huge factor too. I know it's always inherent, but it's magnified by these rule changes/dulling down of the game.

All of this cannot be walked back. We'll all probably adapt to continue watching, out of habit... but it's a meaningless game now.

Gus giving the same message

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Well I’m pretty sure not being able to keep up with the new rules is fitness related , Canberra look like a bunch of park footy players conditioning wise
The Dogs aren’t much better in that regard , they also can’t attack to save their lives

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The six again was originally only supposed to be for ruck infringements which worked well now they use it for fucking everything it’s simply too fast once a side loses the momentum in the first 10 mins it’s all down hill from there