Video Codec Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
I've download a music video clip (John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change to be precise) and it took me a century to download i dont understand why, it was being seeded by like 2 people ffs and basically when it finished downloading I'm unable to play the file, when i go to play it in media player classic, i get this message "cannot render the file". When i try to play it in windows media player it tells me "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found." I hope there's someone here who knows about codecs :( the name of the file is John Mayer - Waiting For The World To Change HD AC3 Xvid {Train}
please help me!!

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
I've download a music video clip (John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change to be precise) and it took me a century to download i dont understand why, it was being seeded by like 2 people ffs and basically when it finished downloading I'm unable to play the file, when i go to play it in media player classic, i get this message "cannot render the file". When i try to play it in windows media player it tells me "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found." I hope there's someone here who knows about codecs :( the name of the file is John Mayer - Waiting For The World To Change HD AC3 Xvid {Train}
please help me!!
what wass the extention to the file when u downloaded it

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its an .xvid file. Make sure you have the xvid codecs. I think they come with the divx codec pack. Best bet is just to download the kazaa light mega codec pack from http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm or anywhere u find on google.

Its a big file but it means you dont have to worry bout codecs ever again basically because it containts the codecs for almost every file you will find on P2P or torrent networks.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
see the name of the file, at the end what did it say (. what)
i dunno it doesnt say anything apart from that file name that i had in my first post, how do i get it to show the file extension?

its an .xvid file. Make sure you have the xvid codecs. I think they come with the divx codec pack. Best bet is just to download the kazaa light mega codec pack from http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm or anywhere u find on google.

Its a big file but it means you dont have to worry bout codecs ever again basically because it containts the codecs for almost every file you will find on P2P or torrent networks.
I've already downloaded that codec pack :o thats why i tried it in media player classic

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
the extension on it is avi which is odd because avi files usually play without any dramas on my pc, the file is probably a dud do yous reckon?

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I have a 6 point checklist whenever i reinstall windows to make sure all video and audio content work for my vids:

AC3
FFD Show
DivX
Xvid
Morgan
OGG

Once you have them all installed, you won't have any troubles playing any videos or movies anymore.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
download FFD Show and u wont have a problem.
Thats all u need.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
search for the mega codecs pack, its around 30 megs, but plays everything

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 6 point checklist whenever i reinstall windows to make sure all video and audio content work for my vids:

AC3
FFD Show
DivX
Xvid
Morgan
OGG

Once you have them all installed, you won't have any troubles playing any videos or movies anymore.
Or download VLC media player. It has almost every codec prebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.