Very strong NSW Cup team named for today

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yep precisely. And then dropping the ball and trying to make up for it gives away a dumb penalty in defence
Looks like he played 80 though. I guess that's a good sign. Sutton played about 56. Guessing they will both be back next week. Fact RFM played 80 in the second row is interesting. Guessing he will play there next week. In the forwards I would go.

8. TPJ
10. King
11. Preston.
12. RFM or Topine
13. Brown.

14edwards or Morrin
15. Sutton
16 wadell
17 Pele.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He should go to the warriors and turn into a valuable member of their team like our other cast offs DWZ and Montoya

When Okonbor is blocking you from playing FG no less in a position he just switched to this year then you know you have no future at the dogs
I'm sorry but that decision on it's own really is disgraceful coaching.

Can't see where there would be another coach, in any grade, who would rather Okenbor over Topine to give you a decent defensive, or attacking performance to get you a win.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He should go to the warriors and turn into a valuable member of their team like our other cast offs DWZ and Montoya

When Okonbor is blocking you from playing FG no less in a position he just switched to this year then you know you have no future at the dogs
Maybe player swap with Josh Curran. Not sure what's going on with him over there often not selected and when is on limited minutes.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks like he played 80 though. I guess that's a good sign. Sutton played about 56. Guessing they will both be back next week. Fact RFM played 80 in the second row is interesting. Guessing he will play there next week. In the forwards I would go.

8. TPJ
10. King
11. Preston.
12. RFM or Topine
13. Brown.

14edwards or Morrin
15. Sutton
16 wadell
17 Pele.
We will not win another game if these mistake riddled loser forwards like Waddell, RFM or Oki play first grade again this year.

If their form improves in Cup then they should earn a place in f/g.

They are lead weights sinking us to the bottom that we can't overcome for chance to compete let alone win a game.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad how quickly ray has deteriorated
Sadly I think someone needs to have that tough conversation with him during the off season about his future roll with the club.
No doubt he's a great ambassador and roll model off the field for young players, especially young islanders but when it comes to on the field, it looks like he no longer has what it takes and more often than not he just seems to get in the way and breakdown the play.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sadly I think someone needs to have that tough conversation with him during the off season about his future roll with the club.
No doubt he's a great ambassador and roll model off the field for young players, especially young islanders but the when it come to on the field, it looks like he no longer has what it takes and more often than not he just seems to get in the way and breakdown the play.
Got to question the 3 year extension he got.

He came back great from his injury and most were impressed with his input and happy with his contract renewal. I dont think anyone in their wildest dreams thought he'd get a 3 year deal tho with that prior form and injury history.

He may not be on much (but has been) but it's also the Top 30 spot.

Decisions like this re RFM's are another part of the jigsaw misery we call our salary cap.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Can't see where there would be another coach, in any grade, who would rather Okenbor over Topine to give you a decent defensive, or attacking performance to get you a win.
Agree Wendy, Topine is a better second rower and goes all day… Ciro is a good coach but his player selections/rotations are of of sorts

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was definitely 15-15. Yep RFM made us noticeably worse. Crazy how that can happen in reserve grade
Stunning. And to think Ciraldo/Ghoul appointed this guy to club captain and apparent heartbeat of the club. Goes to show what a rookie operation this whole thing is atm

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree Wendy, Topine is a better second rower and goes all day… Ciro is a good coach but his player selections/rotations are of of sorts
I see CC coming good and here long term but he is not above criticism by Bulldogs fans for some of his decisions and needs to fix some of his fixable problems hindering the team...or at least try and fix 'em.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

8. TPJ
10. King
11. Preston.
12. RFM or Topine
13. Brown.

14edwards or Morrin
15. Sutton
16 wadell
17 Pele.
That doesn’t seem right. He was in the middle and I’m sure he took a break. I think the stats thing is bugging out cos it also had BBO kicking the last minute field goal when it was hayward

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Stunning. And to think Ciraldo/Ghoul appointed this guy to club captain and apparent heartbeat of the club. Goes to show what a rookie operation this whole thing is atm
Why? Club Captain is ceremonial - more culture then game plan. He’s not game day Captain so why does it matter? Honestly you’re looking for any reason to slam Gus - does he have nudes of you or something? :-).

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just catching up on the news that a 50% 1st grade squad of players played NSW Cup today and they drew…. F’ucking alarm bells

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Topine should be starting. Guaranteed he’d try his heart out every game for us.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Topine should be starting. Guaranteed he’d try his heart out every game for us.
I’m not a Topine fan but i’m sick of Raymond showing no heart, grunt or proper oof in anything he does when he plays so I can actually start getting around to this but he won’t happen sadly

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just catching up on the news that a 50% 1st grade squad of players played NSW Cup today and they drew…. F’ucking alarm bells
Yep. Against a team our Reggie’s flogged 40-12.

Seriously we should be playing more reserve graders over our so called first graders. Perham , Waddles , Okonbor should all be in Reggie’s probably more.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The thing is, it’s not just Ciro that’s dismissing Topine. It’s been 3 coaches now that have not chosen him to be in the FG squad unless they’re absolute desperate so there must be something they all can see and know that we don’t. I really think if 3 coaches don’t choose you then something must be up. Considering last year when he hadn’t re-signed yet he was looking at ESL clubs so I think he realises he doesn’t have any other choice but to stay with the dogs, clearly no other club offered him anything.
I really think he’ll be a reserve grader at best in the NRL