News Vaughan eyeing new contact

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looks like he his our forward leader. Looks like a good personality to have in the group too. we have missed players like him and JAC to bring spirit in the sheds

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He really did impress against the rorters, was great to see Vaughn give it a massive go!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Tolman-esque in how he plays, but with an added offload.

A player you know what you'll get from him each week.

130m on average a game, 95+% tackle efficiency, and bends the line.

I'd be happy with 1+1 option. 1 year plus club option of a second year. Either that or a 2+1 if he prefers a multi year deal.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I’d keep him the experience he brings is invaluable

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually a very capable guy, just prone to doing dumb things at times and needs to be a bit more aggressive with his runs .....

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we tough it out for another year (like we could of done with Cotric) there's a good chance we can extend/re-sign Thompson on a more realistic deal.
from smh on weekend

Speaking of the Bulldogs, Luke Thompson was very much on the outer at the club, particularly after he expressed strong views about not getting the COVID-19 vaccination. That stance changed, and so has Thompson’s standing at the club, to the point he was made captain in the absence of Josh Jackson on Saturday night.

And the club now wants to keep him. He also has a new agent, Mario Tartak, who manages the highest-profile Bulldog Josh Addo-Carr.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since he is 31 I’d offer another 1 year or 2 years with a clause for the club to honour the second year if he is still playing in form. Love his effort and not many players out there who we can get to replace him with.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Type of player you need in a top side. His solid, he does his job he makes metres aint no game changer but his reliable.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely worth resigning, no doubt at all

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vaughan is worth a extension for the right price, he's earning his $s not like most of our players.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
from smh on weekend

Speaking of the Bulldogs, Luke Thompson was very much on the outer at the club, particularly after he expressed strong views about not getting the COVID-19 vaccination. That stance changed, and so has Thompson’s standing at the club, to the point he was made captain in the absence of Josh Jackson on Saturday night.

And the club now wants to keep him. He also has a new agent, Mario Tartak, who manages the highest-profile Bulldog Josh Addo-Carr.
at the right price, a definite re signing, but not at his current price

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Yep he’s been great. 2 year deal at 400k per year with 2nd in the club’s favour would be perfect

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s been great. A natural leader. Give him 2 years.
Yeah, I'd give him 2 years. Not really more although I don't see his ability dropping much in 3 years either.

The only observation I would make, is he use to have a good offload in heavy traffic but is asked to not use it and looks very 1 dimensional without it.

IMO sharing the offload ability across our forwards makes us less predictable and difficult to defend against. It also commits a 3rd defender on him resulting in fatigue for the opposition.

Not being used to best effect atm.
Easily one of the better captain candidates in the current team too

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cannot understand the hate for Luke Thompson. He puts in every week, unlike a few others.
And he's doing it from the wrong starting position. Besides, the stated salary is a fair way off the mark.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I cannot understand the hate for Luke Thompson. He puts in every week, unlike a few others.
And he's doing it from the wrong starting position. Besides, the stated salary is a fair way off the mark.
It's just the money he's on. If he was on 400-500k there wouldn't be an issue. That's where most of the "hate" stems from.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan for 1 year with an option for a 2nd would be good

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I’d give him 2 years.

I still like Thommo, just wish we could have him on a more realistic price. I think he’s a quality forward. Not worth the 850k though.

Dufty still worries me. He’s come good last few weeks, but if he were to be extended, would that form them continue or fade off? I think the latter unfortunately…
Im of different opinion regarding Dufty.
I think we've seen the worst of him, but don't play well enough to maximise his potential in attack. You don't win a premiership with him, but until you have someone better to cover for his attacking play, you just have to keep him. You cannot go back to a conservative fullback when we lack so much in attack.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is getting better every week, that break at the end of last year has made him a slow starter hopefully keeps stepping up