Opinion Vapers!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Are vapers the ciggy butt brains of this decade?

I remember back in 2011, my mate walked into the office and said he has a battery-operated e-cigarette. I had no idea what on Earth he was on about as I hadn't heard of it before. He told me how it works. He got the e-ciggy out, put a battery in it, and started smoking. I asked him what it was, and he said it was vapour. He also mentioned that it was a way of helping smokers quit.

Fast forward a few years...

Now vaping is so bad, the term 'vaping' was created to address it - and this was back in 1983 when they were first invented (yes they go back that far).

Now I don't know if I'm wrong (I hope with everything that I am) but it seems that smokers have traded one addiction for another - cigarettes with e-cigarettes, and it's so bad, that many kids (teenagers) are taking up e-cigarettes first, rather than tobacco-based cigarettes.

Whoever invented these hideous things... bravo!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are vapers the ciggy butt brains of this decade?

I remember back in 2011, my mate walked into the office and said he has a battery-operated e-cigarette. I had no idea what on Earth he was on about as I hadn't heard of it before. He told me how it works. He got the e-ciggy out, put a battery in it, and started smoking. I asked him what it was, and he said it was vapour. He also mentioned that it was a way of helping smokers quit.

Fast forward a few years...

Now vaping is so bad, the term 'vaping' was created to address it - and this was back in 1983 when they were first invented (yes they go back that far).

Now I don't know if I'm wrong (I hope with everything that I am) but it seems that smokers have traded one addiction for another - cigarettes with e-cigarettes, and it's so bad, that many kids (teenagers) are taking up e-cigarettes first, rather than tobacco-based cigarettes.

Whoever invented these hideous things... bravo!
It's a typical double edged sword. Vapes are definitely much, much healthier than smoking cigarettes, but they're not "healthy". And after years of making cigarettes unpopular leading to lower smoking rates, now kids are picking up vapes 'cause they think it's cool.

Personally if I see someone vaping, I just ask why they don't have a neckbeard, and where are they hiding their fedora.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember trying one out in 2008/9 to quit smoking and it didn't do shit all because I was craving the nicotein, maybe used it for a month or so and just quit cold turkey. It was massive in comparison to whats on the market (even a year later). Does it have it's place, I say so but in a controlled enviroment - these kids using them these days are getting much higher doses and building themselves up for a life of addiction.

Proper vaporisers are used to smoke weed for eg, burns so hot that is pure vapor.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I also used vapes for a while to give up ciggies. Started on very low level nicotine ones. Was going hard on these until I adjusted to not getting huge nicotine hits, then swapped to nicotine free ones. Took me a couple of months of using nicotine free juice to just get out of the habit. Went hard on them at first too. I still take a vape out when I'm getting on the piss or I know I'll come home with a packet of smokes.

But I very rarely get the urge to vape.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vaping... pfftttt

Wtf is wrong with an orange/mint agi every friday?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's a typical double edged sword. Vapes are definitely much, much healthier than smoking cigarettes, but they're not "healthy". And after years of making cigarettes unpopular leading to lower smoking rates, now kids are picking up vapes 'cause they think it's cool.

Personally if I see someone vaping, I just ask why they don't have a neckbeard, and where are they hiding their fedora.
I think most men hide their vape because they know it's not "cool".

I'm trying to get the CBD/THC ones in NZ.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think most men hide their vape because they know it's not "cool".

I'm trying to get the CBD/THC ones in NZ.
Be careful with those ones. Most of the people who have died from Vaping died due to bad THC vapes.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Puff for puff. Vaping may be healthier.

I think the problem is the volume.

Before i jumped over to vaping. Id maybe have a packet a week (unless on a night out where id have a pack in a night).

With vapes, because they taste good, and dont smell. I'm on the lounge vaping, in the car, on the toilet etc.

Its such a dirty habit regardless. I quit for 18months, got blind on the birthday, thought "a few puffs won't hurt"...... next day i bought 3.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the first vape I ever owned, RIP in peace buddy.
Its funny I had one of those back in the day before I moved to a proper vap, completely forgot about it too and I know why because it was a piece of crap that never burnt well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its funny I had one of those back in the day before I moved to a proper vap, completely forgot about it too and I know why because it was a piece of crap that never burnt well.
My one was okay but you could definitely notice the difference between it and the more premium stuff.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My one was okay but you could definitely notice the difference between it and the more premium stuff.
just remember it being really bad.

I gave up the stuff years ago, had a look today at some on the new vapes..crazy options now.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I think they are an extension of today's society's fashion.

People assume they are cool or you are cool with one. Even people who don't smoke have a tendency to own and use a Vape.

Vapes should have the same legal requirements as cigarettes. Designated areas, not indoors and away from entry ways.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Personally I think they are an extension of today's society's fashion.

People assume they are cool or you are cool with one. Even people who don't smoke have a tendency to own and use a Vape.

Vapes should have the same legal requirements as cigarettes. Designated areas, not indoors and away from entry ways.
Don't get the cool part, everyone I know that vapes try to hide the vape lol