Utai: Injured collar bone

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Bad luck to Utai..but it gives a chance for Wini for prove himself on the wing if selected there

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
freken hell is it collar bone or sternum injury =/

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

he should return in the lower grades until he learns to catch the ball.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
the guy has lost confidence - that poor attempt at trying to punch the ball over the sideline was awful to watch..

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
To the people that are happy Utai is injured you really need to look at yourselves. This is a guy that played a big part in winning us a GF and has played with his heart on his sleave for his entire career for us. He was injured for a very long time and has had some shocking form lately, but to wish his demises through injury is just the lowest form of low I've seen in this place. You should all hang your heads in shame.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a shame he is injured, HOWEVER, as many people have already said it will probably be a blessing.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Guess what?? it happened, and showed that winitana is our permanent winger. :grinning:
Agree, Millard to centre, Winitana to wing. Took 3 aweome high ball catches

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him..he hasn't had much luck with injuries the past few years.

gtr303

Waterboy
Reaction score
for us to have a chance this year, we need Utai not to grace the field in 1st Grade.

Every Tom **** and Harry will kick to his side of the field, just like they did last year and going to be all of this year.

He's been great for the Doggies but his time is up.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy won the grand final for us, easily player of the match after Mason. Is the best backline player we have when taking hit-ups and he gets bagged. Last year when Australia were bagged for choosing 7 Broncos when they had one like 1 of their 5 games, Ricky Stuart said sometims loyalty does come first and not everyone can handle the test arena. Trust me im not bagging Winitana but he cant handle First Grade better than Utai and except for Hazem, no winger in the past 4 or 5 years can top what he has achieved. Dally M Rookie of the Year, Like 4th or 5th on the bulldogs all time try scorers list, won the dam grand final.

Edgo

Waterboy
Reaction score
The guy won the grand final for us, easily player of the match after Mason. Is the best backline player we have when taking hit-ups and he gets bagged. Last year when Australia were bagged for choosing 7 Broncos when they had one like 1 of their 5 games, Ricky Stuart said sometims loyalty does come first and not everyone can handle the test arena. Trust me im not bagging Winitana but he cant handle First Grade better than Utai and except for Hazem, no winger in the past 4 or 5 years can top what he has achieved. Dally M Rookie of the Year, Like 4th or 5th on the bulldogs all time try scorers list, won the dam grand final.
You are stuck in a time warp, it's 2008 not 2004. Yes, Utai has been a great player for us but his form over the last few years has been below par. He biggest weakness is is height, unfortunately the game has evolved again & he is definately being targeted & it's successful. I hate too see a player injured but at the moment even if Utai was available, Winitana certainly deserves a shot a FG until he or Utai proves otherwise.

Here's a out of the square idea - what about trying him as a hooker?? before the experts bag the S**t out of me, take a minute to think how he & sully would go as a combination. Utai certainly can make some metres from dummy half - could he be worse that C Hughes?? I just don't see Utai as a succesful winger anymore.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are stuck in a time warp, it's 2008 not 2004. Yes, Utai has been a great player for us but his form over the last few years has been below par. He biggest weakness is is height, unfortunately the game has evolved again & he is definately being targeted & it's successful. I hate too see a player injured but at the moment even if Utai was available, Winitana certainly deserves a shot a FG until he or Utai proves otherwise.

Here's a out of the square idea - what about trying him as a hooker?? before the experts bag the S**t out of me, take a minute to think how he & sully would go as a combination. Utai certainly can make some metres from dummy half - could he be worse that C Hughes?? I just don't see Utai as a succesful winger anymore.

Lol.
Have you SEEN Matt pass the ball?

Always sad to see a champion player slide...but it would be worse to subject him to further humiliation as he is beacon for opposing teams.

As they said in the commentary, if they get to the last tackle they can always put it up to Utai's wing.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to see a guy get injured but it looks like its the only way Folkes was not going to select him in the starting side.

Did anyone see the attempt at that bomb around the 20th minute mark ? He was about 3 metres out from our line and he didn't even try and catch it. Just tried to bat it over the sideline. WTF ??? At least have a shot at it rather than give another set of 6 to the opposition.

I'd be happy not to see him in FG this year.

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Utai is the best winger at the club. Great finisher, gets us out of our own 20 etc...

The high ball is his only real weakness and if that can't be addressed i say we move him to centre or drop him. Bottom line, he needs to learn how to catch the high ball under pressure. It's not just his height, it's his whole approach, has no confidence.

I'm backing him to bounce back, always does.

Edgo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol.
Have you SEEN Matt pass the ball?

Always sad to see a champion player slide...but it would be worse to subject him to further humiliation as he is beacon for opposing teams.

As they said in the commentary, if they get to the last tackle they can always put it up to Utai's wing.
LOL not much but that could be a downfall in the masterplan!! I hope Utai comes back & scores heaps of tries, but thats every wingers job. A very good winger can stop tries as well & Utai makes some pretty ordinary decisions in defence & unless he grows 5 inches, I think sadly, his time is up as a winger. We only just recently re-signed him didn't we - what else are we going to do with him? Like you it is hard to see a champion on his way out, maybe easier to learn to pass than to play on stilts. He's still a human wrecking ball but he just can't compete with tall, fast athletic wingers these days.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey, at least we can't be accused of not giving him a go...the non-catching aspect to his game was highlighted by the Cowboys in the 2004 semis...I think he still has nightmares of Matt Sing to be honest.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think Winitana should hold his spot at wing after tonight, Utai has been disappointing so far but hopefully his injury isn't serious and he finds his old self again.
Whats wrong with Nani on the wing ? If we dont give him a go soon, we will lose him to another club, I tell you. Leave Winitana in the centres. Just because he caught some high balls doesnt mean he will be a good winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.