News Update on BBO and Aaron Schoupp contract

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t they let Thurston go cause at the time Anastasia and Sherwin were ahead of him and they were looking to extend them. I thought we gave him a shot when no one else would
The Club at the time didn’t see JT having a long term future in the NRL purely based on the physical demands of the NRL & considered Anasta had a better prospect…..even the good judges can get it horribly wrong…..

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was told he didn't want to go hence the blow up after the try on the weekend, if its true it sucks for us but at least his future is assured and bellamy will turn him into another great QLD halfback.
Didn’t want to go where ? You mean we done a deal to ship him off??

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What concerns me about him is I haven't seen him make 1 tackle break, linebreak or sidestep from memory in several games now. He doesn't look fast either. Cotric always makes multiple tackle breaks per game even from a standing start. Schoupp hasn't shown anything in first grade yet other than bad defence (oh and he backed up BBO for a try).
Well that’s not entirely true. I’ve seen him bust tackles and make metres and they’re the hard ones off our line nobody else is putting their hand up to do. He’s 20 trying to find his way in the team, I’ll bet playing to instructions just to make his tackles and run hard.

And do note his defensive technique is very solid at his age, positioning and reading something everyone who enters NRL has to learn or not, and I’ll back him to learn.

I think he’ll end up a Will Chambers type. Nothing fancy, just the type of hard bastard every club would like in the backline somewhere.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Melbourne want BBO as a swap for B.Smith I'd definitely be telling them to pick someone else or we'll wait to sign him for 2023.

It's not worth sacrificing a potential 10 year halfback (when we're short on good halfbacks and so is the whole NRL) just to get Cheese a year earlier.

Let them take their pick from Cotric, Jackson, Elliott, Naden, Wakeham, Lewis, Schoupp, Flanagan, Stimson, Waddell, Averillo, Okunbor, Allan. They can have as many as they want. Take Elliott off our hands / cap and we'll throw in Wakeham or Waddell for free.

Hell, Bellamy could turn Flanagan into a star maybe. Flanagan can then give coaching tips to his old man.
It wouldnet be a swap - BBO is off contract he doesnt need the Dogs to agree to anything

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s official he has re signed boys
2 years.

Bailey Biondi-Odo re-signs with the Bulldogs for two years
Authorbulldogs.com.auTimestampThu 5 Aug 2021, 10:55 AM
Share on social media
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued their re-build for next season and beyond, with the re-signing of Bailey Biondi-Odo until the end of 2023.
The talented 19 year-old has attracted interest from a number of clubs, but has chosen to remain at Belmore and be part of a revised squad heading into next season.

Hailing from Innisfail, Bailey joined the Bulldogs ahead of the 2020 season and featured in their NRL Nines side in Perth.
This season has seen him make his NRL debut and score two tries in the five matches that he has played from the bench.
This Sunday's match against the Tigers, will see him make his first starting appearance in the halves, alongside Jake Averillo.
Bulldogs Chief Executive, Aaron Warburton, was pleased that Biondi-Odo had chosen to stay at Belmore:
"We have been really impressed with Bailey's work ethic and desire to improve and it has been great to see him get his chance in the NRL this season.
He is a player that offers speed and toughness, and someone who is versatile enough to cover both the half and hooker positions.
He has been a great fit amongst this year's playing group with his attitude on and off the field, and we look forward to him continuing to develop his game next season."

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck yeah.. nice work.. I hope he fulfills his potential..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What concerns me about him is I haven't seen him make 1 tackle break, linebreak or sidestep from memory in several games now. He doesn't look fast either. Cotric always makes multiple tackle breaks per game even from a standing start. Schoupp hasn't shown anything in first grade yet other than bad defence (oh and he backed up BBO for a try).
3 tackle breaks & 2 line breaks is what the NRL.com stats say.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Club at the time didn’t see JT having a long term future in the NRL purely based on the physical demands of the NRL & considered Anasta had a better prospect…..even the good judges can get it horribly wrong…..
He was poor defensively at the time but the desire to win that the young Thurston had was readily on show.