Upcoming Anzac Test Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really follow the ANZAC test, but it amazes me how the selectors are considering naming Gidley on the bench. I know he can play pretty much any position, but he has just come back from injury and is far past his prime in my opinion.

Surely there are better options as a utility...Ryan Hinchcliffe, Josh Reynolds, Matt Gillett, Chris McQueen, Wade Graham, Luke Lewis, Greg Bird. I don't think there's any point putting a dummy half on the bench with the desire to play Cameron Smith for the full 80. If I was a selector I would have Hinchcliffe, but thats probably why I ain't a selector.

Any who, not my problem I Guess. State of Origin is definitely the better game.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gidley will be selected as there is a section of the NRL constitution that reads: "thy will select someone fom Newcastle for every representive game". I'm surprised they don't select 55 year old Buderus.

I think we're still supposed to pity Newcastle from the 1989 tremor... I mean MAJOR EARTHQUAKE that rocked this poor working class city.......

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I how got no idea why Gidley is still even selected for rep games. I believe he is way past it. If they put him in for anytime as a fullback for NSW, QLD will love it!

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's called politics. It's happens in all sports and will continue to be the case for ever.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather they don't pick Dogs players. Last thing we need is another injury. Let them pick Gidley.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time is kickoff tonight, please? 7:30, 7:45 or 8pm?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:grinning: thanks CroydonDog. 8pm = 5am here...don't want to miss the Anthems and Haka!!

H

hazem_elmasri

What are you even doing in America?
I lived in Phoenix and hated it. Couldn't even watch a game

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just heard that Simon mannering is out tonight but was hoping someone can confirm if true from reliable source???

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:grinning: thanks CroydonDog. 8pm = 5am here...don't want to miss the Anthems and Haka!!
No worries.

Many moons ago (2004) I was living in the British Virgin Islands. After months starved of footy, I was fired up for SOO, which was live on Fox Sports World (read: soccer and other non-US sports channel). But, the evening before, my cable went out. I eventually convinced an Amercian bird I was occasionally shagging a the time to let me into her apartment at 6am on the proviso I cooked her breakfast after the game.

The funniest moment was her waking up mid-first half... her only comment was "oh, it's like football, without the helmets" :grinning:

Enjoy the game mate.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our new halfback, Mr Frank Pritchard!

Nice try by NZ

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NZ are a lot better team without Benji. With Kasiano, Eastwood, SBW and Inu they will beat Australia.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frank the tank is killing it wonder why we didnt see this Frank in last 6 games ?

On the other note: Aussies are leveled with the 2nd rate Kiwi team after 1st half.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our new halfback, Mr Frank Pritchard!

Nice try by NZ
Billy had ample time to take the ball out, he watched the ball instead and tried to palm it at the very last minute... WTF??!!!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billy had ample time to take the ball out, he watched the ball instead and tried to palm it at the very last minute... WTF??!!!
Billy loves his meltdowns against the Kiwis.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Frank the tank is killing it wonder why we didnt see this Frank in last 6 games ?
Matey, Frank was out for the first few weeks, clearly he is fit now and hitting great form

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
What a game from both our boys.. I sense a change in the mood of our team after this. GO NZ.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matey, Frank was out for the first few weeks, clearly he is fit now and hitting great form

On the other note: Aussies are leveled with the 2nd rate Kiwi team after 1st half.
He is playing with great halves - Foran and Johnson. That's the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.