Unpopular opinion

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how you can be happy with it. Cool completion rate but we did absolutely nothing with it. Roosters are a shit team. Manu was dogshit today and somehow we give keary and Tedesco all the freedom in the world.

Worst of the lot:

Waddell and Harrison getting beat at marker up the guts by tedesco

KO was absolutely awful in all facets unfortunately. Why did CC put him at lock? Terrible decision. At least when he was at half he was only fucking our right side.

Burton generally not knowing when to run, plays robotic sweeps off slow PTBs

Burton not setting up for a field goal with 6 to go and instead throwing a shocker to perham

Perham not being able to ball play (old news)

Couple of things JAC did today were unforgivable, rushing up early and missing the tackle to concede a try

And the worst of the lot is not playing the whistle at the end. That is seriously a droppable offence

We still look clueless in attack on the line, when was the last game we actually threatened without relying on kicks?

Cool completion rate but did jack with it
Great post,my sentiments exactly, Fox great attacker but shocking in defense, if Burton nails a field goal it changes the whole concept of the game.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still just have no idea what to do with the ball close to the try line.
Baby halves but we were better, we got the quick start, low errors, and generally ok in defence till the middle collapsed.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Considering the only major buys we made are Mahoney and Kikau I think Ciraldo has done an excellent job. Compare where we were this time last year..He has managed to get the best out of this squad with a lot of debutants and young players. You cant bring up potter because the season was gone and no pressure was on the side. At least we are still in the hunt for the 8. Just need to win 3 or 4 in a row and we could be right back in it

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason it isn't worse is because the only team the refs hate more than the Bulldogs are the Roosters.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure how you can be happy with it. Cool completion rate but we did absolutely nothing with it. Roosters are a shit team. Manu was dogshit today and somehow we give keary and Tedesco all the freedom in the world.

Worst of the lot:

Waddell and Harrison getting beat at marker up the guts by tedesco

KO was absolutely awful in all facets unfortunately. Why did CC put him at lock? Terrible decision. At least when he was at half he was only fucking our right side.

Burton generally not knowing when to run, plays robotic sweeps off slow PTBs

Burton not setting up for a field goal with 6 to go and instead throwing a shocker to perham

Perham not being able to ball play (old news)

Couple of things JAC did today were unforgivable, rushing up early and missing the tackle to concede a try

And the worst of the lot is not playing the whistle at the end. That is seriously a droppable offence

We still look clueless in attack on the line, when was the last game we actually threatened without relying on kicks?

Cool completion rate but did jack with it
This is pretty much bang on.

Oloapu was poor today and not for the first time. His kicks are really ineffective and he never really tries his hand with ball in hand, he has been hyped for a while so hopefully this is just 18 year old nerves and inexperience, but if we plan to stick with him all year no one should be surprised if Burton continues to struggle carrying the whole attack.

I’ve finally run out of patience with Perham, he is unfortunately getting worse each week and his positives are now firmly outweighed by his terrible runs that just stifle everything else. We either need to switch Averillo or give Papalii a go.

TPJ was the highlight today, massive metres and big minutes, love how he looked for JWH every hit up.

Also not that I care overly, but what has happened to Manu? He’s either playing injured or wants out, he was terrible today and didn’t present a threat at all.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This was the best game we played this year, you can’t fault our effort at any point

We got fucked by the refs at the end. That was bullshit

but ciro has to get his interchanges better
Agree.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone reckon the Rorters got dudded during the game with any contentious issues? If so, pls detail.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate the ref's more than most but we didn't need him to lose the game, we lost it ourselves.

And if you want to blame 1 person on this loss, then it's JAC.

Him arguing with the ref let them score an easy try was the reason we lost.

He didn't even need to tackle to of stopped it, just be in position and they would of run out of room and over the side line.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco was made to look like he's been killing it all season but the truth was shown in the soo, he's lost his speed and yet walked through our defence like it wasn't there, no excuses for missing crucial tackles and I agree our attack has improved but the defence needs to be fixed, scoring a try then conceding a try within minutes isn't good enough.
There are still too many useless below average players who for some reason keep getting selected, Waddles aka Mr mistake man and Mr Dynamic himself knoconmore can pack their bags at season's end, que the knoconmore lovers who believed the ( Knoconmore the new dynamic forward story) probably written by himself and a movie in the works on how he became Mr Dynamic forward.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else think that Okunbor didn't knock on when Averillo grounded the ball for what looked like a try? The ball looked like it came off a Rorters player then Averillo grounded it. Then again, I suppose we could have challenged it. Also, Okunbor couldn't stand up to play the ball because a Rorters player was all over the top of him. Then there was the shoulder to Wilson's head ... no sin bin
Yes, I fully agree with you but why was there no challenge from us? the only time we seem to challenge. is when we get it wrong still scratching my head

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco was made to look like he's been killing it all season but the truth was shown in the soo, he's lost his speed and yet walked through our defence like it wasn't there, no excuses for missing crucial tackles and I agree our attack has improved but the defence needs to be fixed, scoring a try then conceding a try within minutes isn't good enough.
There are still too many useless below average players who for some reason keep getting selected, Waddles aka Mr mistake man and Mr Dynamic himself knoconmore can pack their bags at season's end, que the knoconmore lovers who believed the ( Knoconmore the new dynamic forward story) probably written by himself and a movie in the works on how he became Mr Dynamic forward.
I hate Tedesco more than any other player in the NRL and I'm fuming how our useless defenders let him stroll through all game long, Ciraldo should have put out the word for our players to smash those piano key teeth so far down his throat he would have to stick a tooth brush up his bum to clean them that Bastard always seems to have a blinder against us

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm over blaming the refs, we aren't good enough. Too many dumb low IQ plays coupled with crap execution.

Waddell & Perham are coach killers.
For this game, we lost it ourselves, reminded me of our game Vs Warriors in NZ, ours to lose and we did just that… gifted a fresh 6 tackles with a few mins remaining, our “co-captain” and halfback should have been barking his forwards for 4 hard runs and a quick play the ball to give him a clear shot at a fg…. Instead, he ran shape on the first or second tackle and threw an ankle pass to Hayze who dropped it. Roosters literally took the next set to do exactly what we should have done.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will never change..its an internal problem.. bias is real
Yeh because our Coaches never speak out in the presser or in the media, we just cop it on the chin and they keep getting away with it so they keep doing it us, we never win a contentious call, nearly every try we score get looked a million times from every angle it's like their sweating on it to call no try