Opinion Unpopular Opinion

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also lets not forget for all the song and dance about Panther systems, Ivan Cleary had been a FG coach since 2006.

Warriors:
2006 - 10th
2007 - 4th
2008 - 8th
2009 - 14th
2010 - 5th
2011 - 6th - made the GF

Since Cleary left at the end of the 2011 season Warriors did not make the finals until 2018. So therefore Cleary left a huge mess at the Warriors like Des!!

Also another fact, Warriors have only made the finals once since Ivan Cleary left.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It really is comedy gold when you think about how guys like Barrett & Ciraldo get all this hype. They don't have anything close to what Ivan Cleary has achieved in his coaching career.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your logic is hilarious.

Only thing short term is your memory.
By your clown logic Ivan Cleary also destroyed the Warriors, made the finals once since he left.

If we signed a decent coach you guys wouldn't still be blaming Des like idiots. We've had poor coaches since he left that is the main problem.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can someone pls ban this guy. He’s one of the more consistently delusional supporters i’ve seen on here

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can someone pls ban this guy. He’s one of the more consistently delusional supporters i’ve seen on here
I am pulling up stats that go back a decade to counter your nonsensical arguments. All you can come up with is ban me. How about find me some other cold hard facts that back up your argument?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By your clown logic Ivan Cleary also destroyed the Warriors, made the finals once since he left.

If we signed a decent coach you guys wouldn't still be blaming Des like idiots. We've had poor coaches since he left that is the main problem.
Blaming Des finished in 2021 you moron. Pay cleaned it up and Barrett mucked up the rebuild. Now Gould and CC are doing Pays job again but actually goign through the junior system whilst acquiring some big game players along the way.

Your DUMB logic is you want to go back to the pre Pay days...

Que the Circus music...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blaming Des finished in 2021 you moron. Pay cleaned it up and Barrett mucked up the rebuild. Now Gould and CC are doing Pays job again but actually goign through the junior system whilst acquiring some big game players along the way.

Your DUMB logic is you want to go back to the pre Pay days...

Que the Circus music...
Pay set us back even further, Napa, Thompson, DWZ, Clay Priest etc.

Gould's track record of hiring coaches isn't brilliant either, Griffin and then he didn't want Cleary back lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Gould's track record of hiring coaches isn't brilliant either, Griffin and then he didn't want Cleary back lol
Thats the best Pay could do... They were shit buys but it wasnt like we were winning anything in those years anyway and we avoided the spoon.

Too early to call on CC... Ill wait for a fit Burton and until we got a forward pack before making judgement.

Early fucken days buddy,.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats the best Pay could do... They were shit buys but it wasnt like we were winning anything in those years anyway and we avoided the spoon.

Too early to call on CC... Ill wait for a fit Burton and until we got a forward pack before making judgement.

Early fucken days buddy,.
A fit Burton come on, poor old Tommy Turbo was hamstrung and showed him up. I am done with the excuses.

If we don't win 1 out of the Storm vs Tigers game I've made my mind up. They are two very winnable games, if he can't get the team up he is not a FG coach.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is comedy gold when you think about how guys like Barrett & Ciraldo get all this hype. They don't have anything close to what Ivan Cleary has achieved in his coaching career.
All you guys arguing over Hasler and the past ..

… the real question is why’d they make TTurbo walk home after the game on Saturday ….

Image1678103089.645861.jpg

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
End of season 2006 is when our window closed with the great team of the early 2000's

2007 - 6th
2008 - 16th
2009 - 2nd
2010 - 13th
2011 - 9th

Missed finals for 2 seasons in a row with a lot of inconsistency post 2006.

Then as soon as a proven coach comes in makes some key signings we make finals 5 years in a row.

All I am saying is why haven't we gone in the direction of hiring a proven experienced coach with runs on the board?
Because he bought who he wanted with next years pay year after year!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fit Burton come on, poor old Tommy Turbo was hamstrung and showed him up. I am done with the excuses.

If we don't win 1 out of the Storm vs Tigers game I've made my mind up. They are two very winnable games, if he can't get the team up he is not a FG coach.
TT clearly not hamstrung and i think correct if i say the highest paid player currently in the game! chalk and cheese but believe what you feel is right

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also lets not forget for all the song and dance about Panther systems, Ivan Cleary had been a FG coach since 2006.

Warriors:
2006 - 10th
2007 - 4th
2008 - 8th
2009 - 14th
2010 - 5th
2011 - 6th - made the GF

Since Cleary left at the end of the 2011 season Warriors did not make the finals until 2018. So therefore Cleary left a huge mess at the Warriors like Des!!

Also another fact, Warriors have only made the finals once since Ivan Cleary left.
In my opinion Hassler stuffed up the club when he got rid of Ennis and replaced with that Supper Jinx Lichaa that's when our demise started also, his mate Noel Cleal absolutely destroyed our junior league, not to mention. Hassler's post-match interviews were an embarrassment. Good riddance, even his own team Manley gave their number one son. the bums rush after one season and a looking a lot better without the loafing trouble making dickhead

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Putting this out there, Des top 4 finish two seasons ago, would have finished top 8 if their board didn’t sabotage the season with the divide jersey.

As long as he coaches and doesn’t worry about salary cap or junior pathways he would get us back to finals in a couple of seasons easily.

On top of that there won’t be any coombaya connection BS there will be results and the team will become closer through winning together. He’d have us going about our business behind closed doors and he’d call out the refs.
Geez Manly looked good with S Flanagan the brainstrust sitting beside Seibold.
Des is an egotistical dictator. We've been there done that.
Surely you don't want Des back in 5 years time?...because CC ain't goin nowhere. So what role do you see for Des? Statistician?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I miss when Des’s nose would whistle when he’d talk lol
Always struck me as a nose picker and eat the boogie type ..Des you dirty ****. Lol
I agree no more blame on him but getting that dicklicker back here would see me supporting the Dolphins.
Of course it will never happen the OP is just loose as and a kookster bahaha.

Gen F2 GTS-R

Waterboy
Reaction score

Gee,. I wonder why the club was only able to sign duds during this period?

Absolutely nothing to do with the inherited salary cap position....

Gen F2 GTS-R

Waterboy
Reaction score
That's unnecessary. We're merely having a robust discussion to put forward our respective views of Hasler's tenure.

Let's not play the man and stick to opinions backed up by facts.