Unnamed Souths player charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Breaking news, CH9 just said a Souths player has been charged after an incident in Cairns. Apparently a car was vandalised. They wouldn't give a name as they didn't know all of the details..

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been alleged that the player is George Burgess

Source: Tripple M

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Souths star George Burgess charged over car damage, reports say

South Sydney Rabbitohs player George Burgess has reportedly been charged with damaging a vehicle following an incident in Cairns on Monday.

Queensland police confirmed a 21-year-old NSW man had been charged with two counts of wilful damage following an incident in the Cairns suburb of Redlynch about 2.45am on Monday.

A Queensland Police spokeswoman said the man was charged with the alleged "wilful damage of a vehicle".

Fairfax Media understands a street sign was thrown through the window of a vehicle. Fairfax Radio is reporting that the player is Burgess.

Advertisement The 21-year-old has been bailed to appear in Cairns Magistrates Court on July 10, the police spokeswoman said.

Burgess is one of four brothers who are all signed to South Sydney, including his twin brother Thomas.

The Rabbitohs defeated the Gold Coast Titans 30-24 in a match in Cairns on Sunday.

The Rabbitohs have been contacted for comment.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-car-damage-reports-say-20130618-2of1u.html

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths star George Burgess charged over car damage, reports say

South Sydney Rabbitohs player George Burgess has reportedly been charged with damaging a vehicle following an incident in Cairns on Monday.

Queensland police confirmed a 21-year-old NSW man had been charged with two counts of wilful damage following an incident in the Cairns suburb of Redlynch about 2.45am on Monday.

A Queensland Police spokeswoman said the man was charged with the alleged "wilful damage of a vehicle".

Fairfax Media understands a street sign was thrown through the window of a vehicle. Fairfax Radio is reporting that the player is Burgess.

Advertisement The 21-year-old has been bailed to appear in Cairns Magistrates Court on July 10, the police spokeswoman said.

Burgess is one of four brothers who are all signed to South Sydney, including his twin brother Thomas.

The Rabbitohs defeated the Gold Coast Titans 30-24 in a match in Cairns on Sunday.

The Rabbitohs have been contacted for comment.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-car-damage-reports-say-20130618-2of1u.html

Rusty will send his twin Thomas to jail and secretly play George on the weekend.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it ironic that we have a commission obsessed with outlawing shoulder charges and a bit of biff for the 'image of the game'. Yet they can't even control club and player behaviour. Talk about being far away removed from reality.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it ironic that we have a commission obsessed with outlawing shoulder charges and a bit of biff for the 'image of the game'. Yet they can't even control club and player behaviour. Talk about being far away removed from reality.
That may be the case, but i think the way they have handled furgo's case is the start of their strict policies. Lets see what they do with George. Im expecting a few weeks on the sideline.

If they keep punishing players harshly they will smarten up in no time

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate mate I am 100% with you there.

Seems like they think the shoulder charge and NRL/Origin biffs are way more detrimental to the imagine of the NRL.

Than sexual assaults and alcohol related incidents

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I wouldn't expect a Burgess brother to do be doing this, his brothers and especially Sam will be disappointed and filthy. The Australian night scene also needs to clean up, there are too many youths causing trouble now...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL... I know mate... I was just saying that he is a brainless meathead... in a cheeky way...
Haha I got the memo :p

But he has proved it now, I feel sorry for his brothers especially Sam who have to put up with this when they have been very good blokes in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.