Unimpressive Rabbitoh's

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they won in Newcastle, something they haven't done in donkeys years, but I think if they pulled that performance out against Us, Melbourne or Manly they would have been beaten comprehensively.

The number of second half linebreaks the Knights made was alarming, if they had converted half of those chances into points they would have won the game. I doubt any of the top sides would have been so wasteful.

The other thing that surprised me was the lack of dominance from their pack. Everyone knows the Knights are a bit light in the forwards and I didn't see the Bunnies big men really dominate as much as I anticipated. They'll have to work much harder to compete with the Dogs or Sea Eagles through the middle.

Anyone else see the game?

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
I listened to it on 2GB at work. Moore and Caine weren't overly flattering of them...

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was awful conditions. They looked sloppy, but Inglis looked in scarily good form.

They should have held the Knights scoreless. I have no idea how the video ref gave the Knights try. If it wasn't a double movement by Boyd, then I clearly don't understand what is meant by double movement.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Souths are in the top 4 so overall, the season to date has been impressive

On the other hand that Newcastle team isnt much better than the one that got the spoon in 2005.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol @ Knights kicking game in the first half. Some of the kicks barely landed 20 metres because of the wind

Malla

Reaction score
They looked really good when Isaac Luke was on.

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unimpressive yes, but they still won. We've played worse and still one games, can't complain about that attribute of a footy team.

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On the contrary, they were very impressive. The conditions weren't great but they defended well.

Don't know what game you were watching but their forwards dominated the Knights all game.

They were more impressive than what we dished up last week that's for sure.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they served that up against what we served up last week...they'd give us a walloping.

Not smart to write off a team as unimpressive given their star in Inglis was having an impact all game and was scary good.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
On the contrary, they were very impressive. The conditions weren't great but they defended well.

Don't know what game you were watching but their forwards dominated the Knights all game.

They were more impressive than what we dished up last week that's for sure.
Exactly. newcastle muscled up a few times in the game and they hung in and defended well. Not sure of the completion stat but it would be high. The Rabbits are in it right up to their fuzzy litttle noses.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
It was awful conditions. They looked sloppy, but Inglis looked in scarily good form.

They should have held the Knights scoreless. I have no idea how the video ref gave the Knights try. If it wasn't a double movement by Boyd, then I clearly don't understand what is meant by double movement.

I had Rabbits 1-12 and Broncos 1-12 so a bad call goes my way for once :grinning:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Knights threw plenty at them. But Souths are the real deal.

The two dummy half tries to Inglis and Sutton proved the difference, but both showed confidence and got them easy when they 'went for it'.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I watched and wasn't overly impressed, but maybe it was when Ray Warren called Souths the most beloved team in the league that turned me off!!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know right. How can there be benefit of the doubt on a double movement! It either is or it isn't lol. And hadn't uate gone downhill!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Knights threw plenty at them. But Souths are the real deal.
I dont think they are the real deal CK, correct me if im wrong, but someone on here mentioned the last time they beat a top 8 side was back in round 10 or 12?

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
It just looked like that in Finals Rabbitohs are going to Choke...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Knights tried to go around them, the thing I learnt about last night was the Rabbits defence is good and to get the ball past them you need to go the air, the Knights hardly kicked to their wingers and needed to keep putting it up if they were going to be any chance, goodbye Knights.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I dont think they are the real deal CK, correct me if im wrong, but someone on here mentioned the last time they beat a top 8 side was back in round 10 or 12?
Good call.

On reflection, they have had a most favourable draw this year .... Brisbane twice (L,L), Melbourne once (L), Manly once (L), Cowboys once (W),

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Cant argue with that
This'll be a whole other thread ... but you've got me thinking about what "I see", when I watch a match.

I reckon I watched about 50-60mins of the whole 80 when you factor in distractions of kids, bedtime, etc. But then I think it wont matter even if if I watch it twice. I doubt I'll get a more accurate idea. Usually if I go to a game live, what I see on game-day often doesn't marry up to what i watch on TV when I see the replay the 2nd time.

So it begs the question : What will one see when they watch a game the 2nd time, that they didn't get the 1st time ?

*strokes chin all comtemplative like*

Status
Not open for further replies.