Unconfirmed Rumour: Hickey possibly out, Roberts to centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Promiscuous

I hope to god this is true. I would love to see Ben Roberts get a crack at playing first grade. When he was playing [i think against roosters] his second game in FG, He kept trying steps. Im sure he wouldve improved on it by now. But in the centers he will be able to run it more and we can see more of his capabilities. He is a great half/58, should be good in the centers too. I hear he has good speed.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
hope to god Roberts plays we are 100% with him, he is the sort of x-factor player that can help us to GF

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MP4 - Eedz said:
Yea, I recently spotted the two of them a Mcarthur Square eating together :rolleyes:
Well seeing as he only came to the club this year.
Sherwin has had some relationship issues.
And just recenlty sherwin has been doing some doggy style on the field (against manly when he jack a manly player up the back side)
These two are looking very very close ;) with each other :p

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ah poo.

even though i would love to see roberts i was really hoping to see how hickey would shape up. he really needs this experience imo.

dammit.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
dogs club are very disappointed with rleague for releasing this information as official as they were wanting as little pressure put on Roberts as possible.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
dogs club are very disappointed with rleague for releasing this information as official as they were wanting as little pressure put on Roberts as possible.
Well then perhaps they need to re-consider the idea of open training sessions.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
The Dominator said:
Well then perhaps they need to re-consider the idea of open training sessions.
They are for the remainder of the finals series.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
I've had an interesting browse of these forums today and it was mentioned in here on Wednesday and also on the Debate Page on Wednesday. We get the news from a few different sources and it was very reliable so we ran with it. At least we knew it was fact and not speculation like the articles we've done on Bennett and McClennan in recent days.

In many ways I think releasing the news late on a Friday would have played into our hands as Canberra would have changed their game plans believing Roberts would be a weakness. For some reason or another Canberra played into our hands last night and it was brilliant.

The Club has every right to be disappointed but there's bigger fish to fry such as what was revealed on Stateline on Friday night and even the negative rubbish we cop on 2SM.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MP4 - Eedz said:
Yea, I recently spotted the two of them a Mcarthur Square eating together :rolleyes:
They were both doing a promo for the Rebel store at Macarthur a few
weeks back, Tim Cahill was also there on the second day....

I spotted Corey & Shifty outside an Ice Cream parlour at Revesby
on Thursday afternoon.... and no, Shifty isn't cheating on Ben with
Corey....

The Coyote

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I look pretty silly cause it turned out to be true. I just didnt believe its something folkes would do in a finals match. especially when we needed the week off. Ben roberts was never tested at centre defensivly because of the way canberra play and how he was defending in between two very strong defenders. I still dont think it was the best idea to play roberts there but I definetly think now that roberts is a very talented and tough player. he adapted very well and did bring something to the game. But centre is definetly not his position I think he looked most dangerous up the centre of the park.

Fender

Dogs Supporter (1984 - )
Reaction score
Yes, we released the information on the back of a few people telling us what they saw at the open training session. Of course, it would be just as easy for a Canberra "spy" to have seen this and told the Raiders coaching staff, so I don't see what the big deal is.

I know MattO got a call from the club asking about it, so we adjusted the article a little to make it sound more speculative.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
MattO25 said:
I've had an interesting browse of these forums today and it was mentioned in here on Wednesday and also on the Debate Page on Wednesday. We get the news from a few different sources and it was very reliable so we ran with it. At least we knew it was fact and not speculation like the articles we've done on Bennett and McClennan in recent days.

In many ways I think releasing the news late on a Friday would have played into our hands as Canberra would have changed their game plans believing Roberts would be a weakness. For some reason or another Canberra played into our hands last night and it was brilliant.

The Club has every right to be disappointed but there's bigger fish to fry such as what was revealed on Stateline on Friday night and even the negative rubbish we cop on 2SM.
yeah i've had similar thoughts wondering about why they were so disappointed with the info being released if they have open training sessions etc.

I was just posting info btw...not having a shot at u guys at rleague.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
I know one thing about the article and the article I did on Monday. Ben Roberts rates really well for reader interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.