Unchanged line-up round 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have named an unchanged line up to travel to our Nation’s Capital for this Friday’s clash, with Coach Des Hasler sticking strong with his troops, who mustered a golden point victory in their last start.
The Bulldogs, who are looking to extend a twelve game winning streak, are close to full strength with Kasiano and Graham making incident free comebacks last week.
Martin Taupau has again been named in the number 20 jersey and will travel to Canberra with the team as 18th man. The players are expecting some chilly conditions, as well as a ruthless Raiders squad who are currently sitting in 9th on the ladder and are fighting to keep their season alive.
Friday night’s game at Bruce Stadium is scheduled to kickoff at 7.30pm and will be shown delayed on broadcaster Channel 9.

NRL
1 BEN BARBA
2 SAM PERRETT
3 JOSH MORRIS
4 KRISNAN INU
5 JONATHAN WRIGHT
6 JOSH REYNOLDS
7 KRIS KEATING
8 AIDEN TOLMAN
9 MICHAEL ENNIS [C]
10 SAM KASIANO
11 FRANK PRITCHARD
12 JOSH JACKSON
13 GREG EASTWOOD
INTERCHANGE
14 JAMES GRAHAM
15 DALE FINUCANE
16 COREY PAYNE
17 DAVID STAGG
20 MARTIN TAUPAU

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aren't they forecasting snow for Friday night?

F

fivespoons

The Raiders have a big aggressive poack of fwds. Surely giving a few players a spell before the finals makes for a fresher squad and would benefit the Doggies on a couple of fronts.
1) If they won with an understrength team it would make a big statement.
2) Worse case scenario the Dogs meet the Roosters(who they will smash, surely) in the last round. so even if they lost against Canberra in cold, they could clinch up the minor premiership in the last rd with a full strength side heading into the finals.
3) If they lost all talk about winning streaks would be gone, relieving pressure.

Before people start to say it's no good heading into the finals by resting players, think again. The advantage of finishing top 4 is it gets your team an opportunity to have a week off and a chance to freshen up. If Manly had the luxury that the Dogs do at present I guarantee you they would be resting some cattle. It would be devastating for the Dogs to pick up an injury to a key player. I'm only assuming that if you guys win your team next week will have several changes leading into week 1 of the finals.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Payne? Cmon
Why is Payne still in first grade? Seriously I would rather Romelo in there or even Tapau. Payne has done nothing when he comes onto the field and he gives away so many penalties.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guess Hasler isn't resting anyone as of yet.

If we are serious we should mount a cricket score on these guys.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is Payne still in first grade? Seriously I would rather Romelo in there or even Tapau. Payne has done nothing when he comes onto the field and he gives away so many penalties.
Romelo is average....

also would be a waste of an interchange if he were to be picked on the bench...

right now, the balance of the squad is perfect

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
As expected. I think Finucane and Payne will get more game time.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
As reliable as a claw hammer, Barba loves the Canberra climate, seeing great things for friday.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Raiders have a big aggressive poack of fwds. Surely giving a few players a spell before the finals makes for a fresher squad and would benefit the Doggies on a couple of fronts.
1) If they won with an understrength team it would make a big statement.
2) Worse case scenario the Dogs meet the Roosters(who they will smash, surely) in the last round. so even if they lost against Canberra in cold, they could clinch up the minor premiership in the last rd with a full strength side heading into the finals.
3) If they lost all talk about winning streaks would be gone, relieving pressure.

Before people start to say it's no good heading into the finals by resting players, think again. The advantage of finishing top 4 is it gets your team an opportunity to have a week off and a chance to freshen up. If Manly had the luxury that the Dogs do at present I guarantee you they would be resting some cattle. It would be devastating for the Dogs to pick up an injury to a key player. I'm only assuming that if you guys win your team next week will have several changes leading into week 1 of the finals.
It's simple. Des knows much more about winning a comp than we do.

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yewwwww!!! The only game where I don't have to drive 3 hours to attend.

Lets wrap up the Minor Premiership in the nationals capital

D

dogfight_4real

I cant wait for this match il be driving 3hours for this one comon dogs bring it home

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To the people saying they want payne dropped, besides Halatau who is injured, there is no better option (IMO). it's a bit late into the year to be dropping that kind of experience and filling the bench with another rookie.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would like to See Gavet get some more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.