Umaga comes out of retirement for Toulon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Top 14 - Crisis forces Umaga out of retirement
Eurosport - Mon, 26 Jan 15:08:00 2009

Toulon manager Tana Umaga has come out of retirement in a desperate attempt to help them avoid relegation from the Top 14 in France.

More StoriesTop 14 fixtures and results
Top 14 standings
It had been reported by several news agencies that Sale Director of Rugby Philippe Saint-Andre was joining the French club with immediate effect to replace Umaga, although this is now expected to happen at the end of the season.

Former New Zealand captain and centre Umaga retired from competitive rugby two years ago.

He will continue in his role as manager but has also signed a player contract until the end of the season, Toulon said on their website.

The club lie second-bottom of the French championship table.

The 35-year-old Umaga signed a two-year deal as Toulon manager last year, when they were still in the second division, after playing seven games for them in 2006.

Former France winger and captain Saint-Andre, who will step down as director of rugby at Sale at the end of the current campaign, will take up the same role at Toulon next season, the French club also said.

Saint-Andre will be followed by France hooker Sebastien Bruno, also leaving Sale for Toulon, the club added.

He plays as a centre aswell, I wonder if he will take $BW's spot.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL. He's got to be kidding. One of the best in his prime but now he would get owned by anyone in any position.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
if you read the article from SMH it says sonny-bill is extending his deal with toulon. interesting..

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I'd jump off that sinking ship if i was Umaga.

That club is all over the shot

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
LOL. He's got to be kidding. One of the best in his prime but now he would get owned by anyone in any position.

Sure bro a young umanga or a grandad umanga would never get owned bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.