U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but this video just confirmed what I already thought of Tucker..he‘s a bias wanker..and he remains a bias wanker. However, I will grant that he is not as bias as Trump’s bend down and kiss his feet worshipper Sean Hannity.
Hannity is hyper partisan. Similar to most of CNN and MSNBC.

Generally I find Tucker to be trustworthy and transparent. He admits to his own mistakes (as he did in today's segment) and is open that he is a libertarian / conservative so any viewers know what his views are before he speaks.

He also generally seems to have a balanced view of whats going on in terms of political bureaucracy. He's one of the few media to say uncomfortable truths to powerful people and there's been a number of campaigns to try and shut his show down because of it.

He also seems to stand up for american values, which not many seem to do thesedays.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Generally I find Tucker to be trustworthy and transparent. He admits to his own mistakes (as he did in today's segment) and is open that he is a libertarian / conservative so any viewers know what his views are before he speaks.

He also generally seems to have a balanced view of whats going on in terms of political bureaucracy. He's one of the few media to say uncomfortable truths to powerful people and there's been a number of campaigns to try and shut his show down because of it.

He also seems to stand up for american values, which not many seem to do thesedays.
Tucker says truths like "climate change isn't real"

'cause it's a conspiracy that every climate scientist is pretending it's real.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I only watch him and Hannity for light comic relief.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Tucker says truths like "climate change isn't real"

'cause it's a conspiracy that every climate scientist is pretending it's real.
Can you find me the quote of him saying it isn’t real? Mostly I’ve seen him say that people who say that climate change is ‘settled’ are being misleading (which is true). But I haven’t heard him say that ‘the climate does not change’

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trumpers are fucking imbeciles.

This thread is gold, diamond and silvers worth of proof of how demented trumpers are

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you find me the quote of him saying it isn’t real? Mostly I’ve seen him say that people who say that climate change is ‘settled’ are being misleading (which is true). But I haven’t heard him say that ‘the climate does not change’
He didn't say it's not real. And when I suggest that he says Climate Change isn't real, I'm not talking about Climate Change. I'm talking about Anthropogenic Climate Change.

Tucker Carlson's comments were:

“Climate change they said caused these fires, they didn’t explain how exactly that happened… but they just kept saying it. At the hands of Democratic politicians climate change is like systemic racism in the sky. You can’t see it but rest assured it’s everywhere and it’s deadly and like systemic racism, it’s your fault.”

And on your comment on climate change not being settled, that's completely true. But there's a difference between Tucker's definition of "Settled" and the actual scientific definition.

In literally every well respected journal that covers earth sciences, the definition of "not settled" is:

"We know humans are having a massive influence on the current climate, we know it's only going to get worse, we know it's going to get really bad, but we don't know if it'll be really bloody bad, or catastrophic"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is entertaining and it really shows how much Tucker Carlson loves using his distraction tactics especially with the "Exactly how much are humans affecting it", then following it up with full on Strawman arguments.

It's the same argument Young Earth Creationists use when they say, "But where's the missing link?"

It's good to see Bill Nye shut him down for not understanding science.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is entertaining and it really shows how much Tucker Carlson loves using his distraction tactics especially with the "Exactly how much are humans affecting it", then following it up with full on Strawman arguments.

It's the same argument Young Earth Creationists use when they say, "But where's the missing link?"

It's good to see Bill Nye shut him down for not understanding science.

I reassert my point from earlier..and add further to it.. A DUMB wanker.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
“Climate change they said caused these fires, they didn’t explain how exactly that happened… but they just kept saying it. At the hands of Democratic politicians climate change is like systemic racism in the sky. You can’t see it but rest assured it’s everywhere and it’s deadly and like systemic racism, it’s your fault.”
This is very close to my position on the topic. I don't like describing things in vagaries. We should be specific and to the point and if there is an issue it should be able to be described easily. If you can't describe it in simple terms, then the issue may simply not be well understood.

Personally, I agree the climate changes. I don't think anyone can tell us to what extent it changes due to human intervention in the climate. This is a big part of my problem - if no one can explain this, then how can they tell us we are going to die in 12 years, or seas will be 2 metres higher etc etc.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
On the topic of left wing things that kinda exist but ‘kinda don’t’ is Antifa.

Joe Biden believes Antifa is an ‘idea’ and not a group lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is very close to my position on the topic. I don't like describing things in vagaries. We should be specific and to the point and if there is an issue it should be able to be described easily. If you can't describe it in simple terms, then the issue may simply not be well understood.

Personally, I agree the climate changes. I don't think anyone can tell us to what extent it changes due to human intervention in the climate. This is a big part of my problem - if no one can explain this, then how can they tell us we are going to die in 12 years, or seas will be 2 metres higher etc etc.
By your logic the following doesn't exist:

Black holes
Evolution
Gravity

None of these things can be fully explained yet they exist.

This is why I'm criticising Tucker and you're using the same logic. "if you can't give me a fully definitive explanation for every single one of my questions then you're wrong about everything"

It's like me saying, "tell me how you were born. Not just coming out of your mum, I want to know which exact angle you were facing while you were born to the degree. The exact millisecond you were born. If you can't explain this then you were never born!"

It's stupid logic used to attack something you don't like. Young earthers use it with life.

Young earther: "How did the life start?"

Evolutionary biologist: "we're not sure but there are several leading theories"

Young earther: "you don't know how life started therefore you're wrong about everything"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even in that Tucker video with Bill Nye he says, "you can't explain this". Then when Bill Nye explains it he says, "no, you don't know that, you're wrong and we're out of time"

It's defensive reductionism. Ask a question you don't believe they can answer and if they do answer then you say they're lying. It's just stupid tactics that are so shallow that I'm not sure how anyone can watch that hack of a TV host and think he's anything but a complete idiot.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On the topic of left wing things that kinda exist but ‘kinda don’t’ is Antifa.

Joe Biden believes Antifa is an ‘idea’ and not a group lol.
He said it's an idea, not an organisation. He was repeating the words of Trump's own FBI director who said that Antifa is not an organisation but a movement. As oppose to BLM which is both a movement and an organisation.

He did go on to mention that the Antifa movement is a potential terrorist threat.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
the term of his natural life.

Michelle Obama isn't even a gold digger tbh
Isn't that so disgusting. I hope it travels all around the world. Murdoch will have that happening here soon :(

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have no horse in this race, fuck both of them...

I'm just here to stir the pot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.