U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out what the actual outcomes of this first debate will be. Will Trump or Biden gain from it or will the status quo just continue.

At the end of the debate I personally feel as though Biden came out looking better than Trump.

However I just watched a video where voters were asked their opinions after the debate.

The trump voters still said they would vote Trump.

The Biden voters still said they would vote Trump.

However one of the 'undecided voters' said they were now leaning towards Trump.

It was a Fox News video so there's always the chance the 'undecided voters' weren't really undecided at all.

Does anyone have a similar video done by CNN or MSNBC with voters, asking them their opinions post debate?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But I'm surprised they've used the word proud. Proud "boys".

"pride is a noun, and proud is its adjectival form.

Is this subliminal code for them being part of the pride movement?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out what the actual outcomes of this first debate will be. Will Trump or Biden gain from it or will the status quo just continue.

At the end of the debate I personally feel as though Biden came out looking better than Trump.

However I just watched a video where voters were asked their opinions after the debate.

The trump voters still said they would vote Trump.

The Biden voters still said they would vote Trump.

However one of the 'undecided voters' said they were now leaning towards Trump.

It was a Fox News video so there's always the chance the 'undecided voters' weren't really undecided at all.

Does anyone have a similar video done by CNN or MSNBC with voters, asking them their opinions post debate?
I figured that the undecided voters would just say, "nope. I'm not voting for either"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I figured that the undecided voters would just say, "nope. I'm not voting for either"
When they were asked who they thought won the debate, the trump voters said trump, the biden voters said biden and the undecided voters didn't believe either candidate had won.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The potential risks for Biden (IMO) are these:

He openly said he doesn't support the green new deal; and
He openly said he doesn't support defunding the police

I'm wondering whether this will turn off the extreme side of the left from coming out to vote for him (if they weren't already turned off by an 'old white man').

He also seemed to allow himself to come down to Trump's level of slinging barbs. Not sure how that will play with undecided or middle of the road voters.

On the plus side for Biden:

He didn't have any enormous gaffes
He appeared relatively switched on

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This clip breaks down a bit more of the key issues. There was a lot missed with the shouting down but some more detailed transcripts play better for Biden.

I am unashamedly biased :grinning: I'd support just about anyone against the man, and dangerous public nuisance, I see in Trump.

If this type of bloke was your neighbour, or boss, customer, accountant or shopkeeper, I can't see most anybody engaging or admiring him and if your daughter brought him home, you'd "lock her up" :grinning:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But I'm surprised they've used the word proud. Proud "boys".

"pride is a noun, and proud is its adjectival form.

Is this subliminal code for them being part of the pride movement?
Requirements to be a member of the Proud Boys - White, male, racist, misogynistic, violent, hateful and micro penis,

I don't think intelligence is one of them.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This clip breaks down a bit more of the key issues. There was a lot missed with the shouting down but some more detailed transcripts play better for Biden.

I am unashamedly biased :grinning: I'd support just about anyone against the man, and dangerous public nuisance, I see in Trump.

If this type of bloke was your neighbour, or boss, customer, accountant or shopkeeper, I can't see most anybody engaging or admiring him and if your daughter brought him home, you'd "lock her up" :grinning:

The thing about Trump is that although you wouldn't want your daughter to bring him home, you would also prefer him on your side than against you. He would win more arguments on your behalf and be far more likely to promote your interests in a good way.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

I've always thought politico was biased to the left, and this paragraph confirms it for me:

Politico said:
Trump pushed back against Biden’s enthusiasm for masks and wrongly said Dr. Anthony Fauci disagreed with scientists who promoted protective gear. Fauci promoted the universal wearing of masks in August.
Fauci is on video in an interview earlier this year essentially saying that masks were a waste of time (I'm paraphrasing loosely here). Trump referred to this correctly and pointed out that Fauci has taken opposite stances within the space of a few months - as has the CDC. Which was Trump's whole point.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The thing about Trump is that although you wouldn't want your daughter to bring him home, you would also prefer him on your side than against you. He would win more arguments on your behalf and be far more likely to promote your interests in a good way.
No way! :grinning:

I would be ashamed to have him represent me and bring such disrespect. He us a laughing stock to over 50% of the American people and 80%? of the rest of the world.

(Only China, Russia and North Korea don't. They 100% think he is a fool).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've always thought politico was biased to the left, and this paragraph confirms it for me:

Fauci is on video in an interview earlier this year essentially saying that masks were a waste of time (I'm paraphrasing loosely here). Trump referred to this correctly and pointed out that Fauci has taken opposite stances within the space of a few months - as has the CDC. Which was Trump's whole point.
And as more has been learnt about C19 so to have our scientists and politicians strongly changed their stance on masks.

NOW they are universally recommended.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No way! :grinning:

I would be ashamed to have him represent me and bring such disrespect. He us a laughing stock to over 50% of the American people and 80%? of the rest of the world.

(Only China, Russia and North Korea don't. They 100% think he is a fool).
The elites in other countries may laugh at Trump but they certainly stand up and take notice when it comes to matters such as who pays their fair share to NATO, or for adversarial countries, they certainly pay attention when Trump threatens to blow them sky high (this seems to have resulted in part towards zero new wards for the entirety of his presidency).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
And as more has been learnt about C19 so to have our scientists and politicians strongly changed their stance on masks.

NOW they are universally recommended.
This is also untrue. Some medicos have a stance that their may be some benefit but it may be so small as to render the masks not worthwhile (or certainly not worthwhile of being mandated by the police).

Some medicos also believe they hold zero value.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Politico may be left. Not sure. I was just trying to find a break down of the debate that provided transcripts.

The trouble is no matter what evidence, people dismiss it as leftist and dismiss as right wing.

Look at the evidence and decide for ourselves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The elites in other countries may laugh at Trump but they certainly stand up and take notice when it comes to matters such as who pays their fair share to NATO, or for adversarial countries, they certainly pay attention when Trump threatens to blow them sky high (this seems to have resulted in part towards zero new wards for the entirety of his presidency).
That's childish schoolyard buffoonery.

What happens when someone calls his bluff.

The guys ego is so out of control that he'd press the red button just to show 'em. Has no diplomacy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.