Two year old chinese toddler gets hit by car; 18 bystanders do nothing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Ai_uvd9DKsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai_uvd9DKsQ[/video]

Disgusting.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon people who do a hit and run of everybody would fit right in with the scum of the earth but to do to a kid is absolutely shocking hope they catch the person who did this and lock them away for a long time

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
I reckon people who do a hit and run of everybody would fit right in with the scum of the earth but to do to a kid is absolutely shocking hope they catch the person who did this and lock them away for a long time
The kid was actually hit twice, and both hit and run drivers have been arrested.

Im more shocked at the 18 bystanders that walked past and didn't help her; the news is reporting that she could die any minute after sustaining head injuries.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was horrified when I read the article today. It's hard to believe that people like that exist.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
modern society is a joke, nothing surprizes me anymore.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I bet you if she was a poker machine they all would of helped her

G

Gladiator.

How many babies were born in China in the time it took the toddler to:
a) get hit.
b) 18 bystanders to ignore her.
c) get found as being injured.

I believe this is part of the problem. China is so heavily over populated, that many just don't care anymore.

So someone dies or commits suicide! Big deal, plenty more babies ready to populate their country.

I dare say the situation would be similar in other over populated areas (e.g African nations).

Due to the amount of births in such countries, people think less of their children.

Of course the other thing to note is what parent in their right mind lets a 2 year old wander around a market (that looks more like a dark alley).
A baby is born every 6 seconds in China. Do the math.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Horrible news. WHY the **** was she wondering alone at the age. The parents are at fault.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Just some background intro for everyone:

A TWO-year-old Chinese girl is dead after she was struck by two vehicles and then ignored by passers-by.

More than a dozen people walked past her as she lay bleeding in the street, The South China Morning Post reported.

The girl, known as Yue Yue, died yesterday after slipping into a coma following Thursday's accident. The vehicles struck her after she wandered out of her parents' shop in Foshan, part of the southern Guangdong province near Hong Kong.

The China Daily, the country's official English-language newspaper, said she had been declared 'brain dead' and could die at any time.

But News website Shanghaiist said doctors at General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command confirmed she had died from "severe brain injuries".

Closed-circuit TV footage obtained by Southern Television Station shows a white van hitting the girl, one of its front wheels driving over her body. It then pauses momentarily, before driving away, running her over with its back wheel in the process.

Three people then walked past, before a truck drove over her, the driver not appearing to notice. More than a dozen people then walked or drove past the badly-bleeding girl and either ignored her or did not notice her.

Finally, after seven minutes had passed, a woman collecting rubbish runs to her aid, picking up her motionless body before her mother runs outside and carries the girl away.

Yue Yue's father, 31, who did not give his name, told the Post, "I wonder if the driver tried to kill my daughter because he thought that by doing so he wouldn't have to pay as much compensation?"

Both drivers were arrested, and the driver of the white van was said to be being held by police.

Yangcheng Evening News quoted the man who first struck Yue Yue as saying, "If it was you who hit someone, you'd run too. You can see the little girl, looking around when she walked. If she walked properly, how could I hit her?"

In response, one user of Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblog similar to Twitter, wrote, "This society is seriously ill. Even cats and dogs shouldn't be treated so heartlessly."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...-street-in-china/story-e6frf7lf-1226169281030

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I agree it is more the parents to blame than the 18 bystanders

I'm so shocked by their casualness to it, almost like it's something they see all the time, no big deal!?!

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I feel so sick to the stomach reading this. It actually disgusts me the people in the world. Especially Chinese people. And yes, I am part Chinese, I don't even care. I hate half of them.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The kid was actually hit twice, and both hit and run drivers have been arrested.

Im more shocked at the 18 bystanders that walked past and didn't help her; the news is reporting that she could die any minute after sustaining head injuries.
Yeah I realised this after I reread the article. Articles like this make you really think about the depths which humans can descend at times such a horrible story

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I feel so sick to the stomach reading this. It actually disgusts me the people in the world. Especially Chinese people. And yes, I am part Chinese, I don't even care. I hate half of them.
do you think an incident like this has something to do with their culture specifically? if so, what traits in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.