Turning Point - One poor decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost because Holland is a turnstile and lichaa is a muppet not because we took the two
Holland is good defender but busted his shoulder in the first half. Croker scored his try in the first half because Holland just couldn't tackle him. Prob got a needle at halftime but he was always going to be suspect and that's where they ran. Problem was that JMoz is also still busted so we had weaknesses on both sides laterally.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The penalty goal was the right decision. Literally any coach in the NRL wii ld blast their players for not taking the 2 points there. We lost 'cause we panicked and we don't know how to win anymore.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is that Pay tried to fix the right side defence issue by bringing in Martin and Martin has defensive issues too. So they shifted Martin toward the middle and used Jackson over there again but even with Jackson there we still have defensive issues. We've replaced the winger, the centre, the 2nd rower and we half and we still have the exact same defensive problem there.

The only option left is to split up the Morris brothers but I'm not so sure that's a good option. I think we need to stick with what we have and we need to train them to defend because teams are going to keep targeting it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The penalty goal was the right decision. Literally any coach in the NRL wii ld blast their players for not taking the 2 points there. We lost 'cause we panicked and we don't know how to win anymore.
Moot point really, because the bench told them to take the 2. BTW, I agree with the bench on this one. funny how we complain we don't have a kicker who can get us points and when we get one and take the points someone comes on here with some rubbish analysis to justify why we shouldn't have taken the points. This place gives me a headache some days.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland is good defender but busted his shoulder in the first half. Croker scored his try in the first half because Holland just couldn't tackle him. Prob got a needle at halftime but he was always going to be suspect and that's where they ran. Problem was that JMoz is also still busted so we had weaknesses on both sides laterally.
He busted his shoulder hitting the ground after falling off a tackle I rest my case

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we tapped it and dropped the ball on the first or second tackle and Raiders end up winning the match, there would have been utter chaos on the Kennel with that choice with a guy like Martin available kicking goals.

At the end of the day, we found a way to lose that match. Some blame on Lichaa (ball security at a critical point in the game), Holland (defensively), Pay (not having a tactical solution to handle Holland’s injury/defensive issues).

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If we tapped it and dropped the ball on the first or second tackle and Raiders end up winning the match, there would have been utter chaos on the Kennel with that choice with a guy like Martin available kicking goals.

At the end of the day, we found a way to lose that match. Some blame on Lichaa (ball security at a critical point in the game), Holland (defensively), Pay (not having a tactical solution to handle Holland’s injury/defensive issues).
But the one thing no-one on here seems to want to recognise is the pure attacking brilliance of Canberra when they had nothing to lose. They put on 3 cracking tries in consecutive sets and I don't think there are too many, or even any sides that could've stopped that last night at that stage of the game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about the first try?

Croker ran around him then put their halfback over untouched

If he was busted then Pay should have brought him off for fit players sitting on the bench I would have thought

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But the one thing no-one on here seems to want to recognise is the pure attacking brilliance of Canberra when they had nothing to lose. They put on 3 cracking tries in consecutive sets and I don't think there are too many, or even any sides that could've stopped that last night at that stage of the game.
I agree with that, the Raiders literally had their season on the line and went bang, bang, bang!

The strip from Havili was huge!

If we played out that set we win

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the first try?

Croker ran around him then put their halfback over untouched

If he was busted then Pay should have brought him off for fit players sitting on the bench I would have thought
I once saw Mark Hughes score a try with a busted shoulder at belmore against Manly but then now we are talking about real toughness. But yes he should of went off he looked terrible in defence

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should of been NO TRY, am I the only one who thought it was held up?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should of been NO TRY, am I the only one who thought it was held up?
as supporters of rugby league we don’t seem to understand the rules today even though some of us have been following the dogs longer than these officials have been alive. I don’t even try to understand there rulings anymore because one week it’s this then the next week it’s that. It’s up to the ref on the day what the ruling is going to be and that’s a pity because they don’t follow the rules it’s what suits them.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the ‘turning point’ for me was late in the game (i think less than 10 to go) and Canberra threw a forward pass that the touchie who called 3 on us somehow missed, they then got a repeat set from Eastwood touching the ball and scored a few seconds later...from that moment i could see we were going to throw it away as im sure most did as well

Last edited:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He busted his shoulder hitting the ground after falling off a tackle I rest my case
Send the right to spec savers maybe they can prevent it from happening before it does ...lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive been saying for most of this year, that the team lacks a good leader. JJ is a wonderful player, but he doesnt cut it as a tactical skipper.
I fully realise that there is not a great pool of potential skippers in waiting, but that is what is needed.
A competent skipper could have closed out that game.
A competent leader cant do much without competent troops

Status
Not open for further replies.