Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck no.

Hes another Foran. Talented yes, but big bucks and injured too much. We may end up like Manly, relying on him and then falling apart when he doesn't play.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appears to be made of glass and would be a massive risk. On the other hand Turdesco had an injury riddled start to his career and came good. The thing that bothers me most is that he is from the insular peninsula and would struggle to embrace the Bulldogs culture. Best leave him on the Northern Beaches I reckon.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appears to be made of glass and would be a massive risk. On the other hand Turdesco had an injury riddled start to his career and came good. The thing that bothers me most is that he is from the insular peninsula and would struggle to embrace the Bulldogs culture. Best leave him on the Northern Beaches I reckon.
I get the comparisons with Teddy and his injuries, But I think Tedesco was more unlucky than injury prone, but Turbo's Hammies are made of glad wrap, and shoulders made of silly string.

This was from a article a few years ago, quotes are from Dr Nathan Gibbs.

"Those long, lanky people tend to have collagen stretchiness as opposed to strength, so they often have issues with soft tissue, stability within joints, whether it be shoulders or knees."

"One of Turbo's strengths is that he's tall, lanky, and fast — that genetically makes him more prone to injury — so the good and the bad co-exist there."

____

I think it would be a risk on par with Foran, physically. Maybe Turbo doesn't have Foran's mental challenges, but you would think his belief in his own body would be starting to suffer.

Back a few years ago I was all for getting both of the brothers and build a team around. But I think with Burton and Mahoney we are getting that nucleus anyway, and we don't need to take any crazy risks.

But a question I want to ask, if we had the option of Turbo or Moses for the same amount of money what way would you go?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I knew when I got a notification about turbo being unhappy this thread was a given to be here.
Price tag too extreme and as mentioned is averaging 11 games a year or 32 out of his last 75(excluding any semi-finals)..big pass.

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
No, if a player has a history of injuries, then odds are he'll get more.

Awesome player, but a luxury player

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Turbo is a rugby league god that can single handedly pick any team a part.

Yes I would sign him and let Gus balance the books

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake seems cooked. Tom is a Freak of a player. But with his size strength and speed you have to wonder when his body will start to fail him, what he will become as a player.

Jakes drop off was rapid. Even though very different players you’d be wary signing Tom up for 5 years and dealing with him in his 30s.

End of the day when on the field he is probably the best fullback in the comp. But attaching a million + dollar price tag is risky if he is playing under 20 games a year.
At their peak I'll take Teddy over Turbo as FB. Teddy has won GFs and Origin at FB and carried the Chooks last year to the finals when more than half of their side was injured. Turbo hasn't won any GF and not proven as Origin winning FB.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If my maths are OK (they are) Manly have $3.5M tied up in three players. That leaves $5.9M to be shared among the remaining 27. That probably means there are some underpaid and disgruntled footballers that we could be looking at.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my maths are OK (they are) Manly have $3.5M tied up in three players. That leaves $5.9M to be shared among the remaining 27. That probably means there are some underpaid and disgruntled footballers that we could be looking at.
Agee, can you imagine the weird and wonderful deals the mad scientist has locked in. We would never ever have him back, I still can’t believe Manly did!

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You reap what you sow hasler you long haired dog of a person!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco was injury prone at the tigers killing it now

I’d take the punt he can deliver a premiership

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL 2022: Manly Sea Eagles drama has taken a toll on Trbojevic brothers | Daily Telegraph
Just when you thought it couldn’t possibly become any more explosive at Brookvale.

The manager of Tom and Jake Trbojevic has revealed Manly’s champion brothers fear their club is “imploding” and how the “conflict and internal rumblings” had “taken a toll” on the footballing pair.

And a brutally honest Paul Sutton, from the SFX Sports Group, said the Trbojevic brothers were “disappointed in the club’s behaviour.”

Jake is so upset he even rang Sutton to express his dismay from England, where he is representing Australia at the World Cup.

The Trbojevic brothers are concerned Manly is imploding, and the drama has taken its toll on them. Picture: NRL Photos.
The Trbojevic brothers are concerned Manly is imploding, and the drama has taken its toll on them. Picture: NRL Photos.
Tom is telling friends he has heard several times that elements inside the club have been bad mouthing him and believe he’s overpaid. Manly has strenuously denied this but Tom is unsettled.

“They feel that the club that they love is imploding in front of their eyes,” Sutton said. “They are really down in the dumps with the place.

“If it continues, it is wearing and once the place becomes unsavoury, what do you do? If it becomes untenable …

“Obviously you’d assume Tommy would be a Sea Eagle for life but all the internal rumblings and conflict have taken a toll on him mentally.

“He has expressed to me his disappointment in the club’s behaviour. He has expressed he is unhappy – both Jake and Tom have.

Tom has reportedly heard some in the club have been badmouthing him. Picture: Getty Images.
Tom has reportedly heard some in the club have been badmouthing him. Picture: Getty Images.
“Jake has called me from England expressing how unhappy he is with the club. It’s the same as with Tom, this has taken a toll on him.

“All this has probably changed the narrative in terms of how they felt in the past.”

Sutton added: “We haven’t spoken to any other clubs.”

The Trbojevic brothers are local juniors who are adored by the club’s supporter base.

Manly’s pride jumper fiasco, the club’s horror late-season capitulation and now the impending sacking of coach Des Hasler has Jake and Tom rattled and aggrieved.

The brothers previously would never speak negatively about Manly. Now the pair is wide-eyed and mature, that stance has changed.

Jake is currently with the Kangaroos in England but still saddened by infighting at the club. Picture: Getty Images.
Jake is currently with the Kangaroos in England but still saddened by infighting at the club. Picture: Getty Images.
Jake and Tom — who share the same management company as Hasler — are on contract at the club until the end of 2026. Tom continues to hear external suggestions that the club’s desire to keep him is waning.

“No one from the club has told Tom that personally but he has heard it a number of times,” said one friend. “He is hearing things, he’s not stupid and it’s not ideal.

“It would take a lot to happen but Tom would leave if that was the case. He has just come back from holidays and wishes he was still overseas.”

He also feels saddened and disappointed over the treatment of Hasler, on his way out of Manly to be replaced by Anthony Seibold.

Hasler and the Trbojevic brothers share a close bond. Both have publicly backed their embattled coach.

It appears likely Hasler’s reign at Manly will end by the end of this week with the coach either to resign and receiving a pay out or being sacked by the club.

Hasler could continue in 2023 – he has a contract – but does not want to coach under the stipulations imposed on him by club management.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any good player is a good player but when you put the weight of the world on their shoulders they don't produce.
Would be a great buy but we don't have the space for 23

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that looks like it’s about to end in tears for a second time. Couldn’t happen to a nicer club :-).
I hope Manly upgrade the inflated salaries of the Turbo brothers to well over DCE's to keep them happy and start their club's long term spiral downwards.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Manly upgrade the inflated salaries of the Turbo brothers to well over DCE's to keep them happy and start their club's long term spiral downwards.
I actually don’t think Manly’s biggest problem is in the football department - it’s in the boardroom and his name is Scott Penn. Regardless, seeing them tear themselves apart is always satisfying.

And no Tooves, we don’t need one, just let it happen…