Official Tualau released, kalache in

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tualau was a guy who never got off the runway. A typical Des purchase. No ticker and no mongrel for such a big specimen. Glad he is gone. Now for the 10 other imposters in the top 30.....
All the physical attributes we are looking for tho. We used to bring along these guys and turn them into something. We just can't seem to encourage or development keen competition for spots or bring out the best in players on a consistent basis anymore.

Its another failing that must be fixed. Its so crucial but we've been churning heaps of CC players for years of wasted years.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you racist,both very good players,I'm not sure though kalache will improve under dean pay,I can't think of one player that has.
Fcuk Pay, Kalache has the goods. Not many props with his motor and style out there but his a good 2 years off being a solid first grader regardless of coach. Just needs to get his d in order and we got a gooden. Fcuk Pay.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tualau was supposed to be the next Taumalolo, what happened..
I don't think anyone with half a clue considered him the next Taumalolo. Taumalolo was playing first grade at age 17, Tualau didn't crack first grade until he was 23, also he was at the storm for 3-4 years and Bellamy obviously didn't see much in him

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fcuk Pay, Kalache has the goods. Not many props with his motor and style out there but his a good 2 years off being a solid first grader regardless of coach. Just needs to get his d in order and we got a gooden. Fcuk Pay.
That's the thing I find funny with the Twal comparisons, Kalache's defence is probably his biggest weakness at the moment, Twal is one of the best defensive props in the game

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the thing I find funny with the Twal comparisons, Kalache's defence is probably his biggest weakness at the moment, Twal is one of the best defensive props in the game

Twals a Klemmer clone.. Kalache not known as a defender which is a pity considering his attack could be similar to a J.trbo I reckon, Damn I wish he could tackle like him though.​

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Tualau somehow makes the Broncos squad and starts playing well I bet people on here will be like why did we let him go?

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Tualau somehow makes the Broncos squad and starts playing well I bet people on here will be like why did we let him go?
How much more time do you think he needs to prove himself?

A

Alexander the Great

Tualau was supposed to be the next Taumalolo, what happened..
Burr compared to s.b.w was the best I ever heard . 2nd was that young fullback with us rated to be the next JT. Forgot his name now but he ended up in North Queensland and flopped.

They come up with some fucking beauty

A

Alexander the Great

Tell me again ,how did Lebanon go against Fiji?
They got belted.

In fairness they said a few in camp fell sick after a gathering that Robbie had at his house. The world on the street is he made kibbie nai using chicken instead if lamb. Rookie move Robbie

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I won't be. He is just yet another case of a guy with the physical attributes, leg speed, passing game basics that our club haven't been able to nurture and bring along. Yes a little on the lazy side but these guys lose enthusiasm when it's clear no matter how well they go, they don't get a fair go.

Des dudded him. When he finally got a shot he went well, or at least better than plodders more favoured and Pay has done the same. He has played well this year in CCup and a good coach, where you have quite a few of these players of equal standard, would have an effective forward rotation going where they are all jumping out of their skins to get, or stay, in FG.

He will have a tough job getting into FG at Broncs but given a specific job to do and confidence, he might just get his career back on track.

That highlights vid I put up shows his potential if a coach can get him consistent.

We've been investing time and money in all these guys. Their potential is obvious but we are not developing them strongly enough.

We would never had guys like Asotasi etc if the same wasteful development was in place during our glory years.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. He’ll only get better being in the top squad. Good opportunity and I hope he’s one of those guys that does the extras just to prove himself. We need those types of players in the squad

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We would never had guys like Asotasi etc if the same wasteful development was in place during our glory years.
Asotasi was a solid front rower, but nothing special.

O'Mealy and Mason made Asotasi look way better then what he was. Those two belted and softened up the opposition for Asotasi.

We all saw how good Asotasi went when he was starting prop for Souths.. The guy kept getting injured. Made a little impact on the field. In my opinion he didnt achieve any of the heights he showed at the Dogs.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tell me again ,how did Lebanon go against Fiji?

Tell me about it lol

Anyone see Tonga get smashed by New Zealand?

That forward pack must be terrible especially tamalolo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Asotasi was a solid front rower, but nothing special.

O'Mealy and Mason made Asotasi look way better then what he was. Those two belted and softened up the opposition for Asotasi.

We all saw how good Asotasi went when he was starting prop for Souths.. The guy kept getting injured. Made a little impact on the field. In my opinion he didnt achieve any of the heights he showed at the Dogs.
Well he did go on to Capt Souths and then NZ so did kinda alright.

Why knock the guy. Had a fabulous career and an inspiring premiership player for us.

I used him as an example of a hard working guy who got the most out of his ability. Wasn't the most skilful like Mason or the most hard nosed like Shrek but those guys would speak highly of him I'm sure...you don't.

He had chosen to be a souths ambassador few years back rather than align with us. To me that's our loss. What makes a great club with sound traditions is ex players being around. Des stopped all that....to our detriment.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taulau was a massive flop and he was on surprising big money for what he had done in his career. He looked ok with the ball but really struggled with constant efforts in defence and ball handling at times.
Agree. I think Too'maga is in the same boat.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this means we could not attract another player from another club into our top 30?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder if this means we could not attract another player from another club into our top 30?
I legit thought Martin, RFM, Lichaa and Brown would have been moved on before June 30. Actually shocked that they are still here.