Try not to laugh

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can respect both of you as far as the posts you both make go most of the time. You both seem like intelligent people who could benefit from learning to use the phrase 'lets agree to disagree '

Never get too emotionally attached to an opinion. And the best way to piss of someone you think is baiting you is to not waste your energy swimming away with a hook lodged in your mouth.

As I said, you both seem pretty intelligent. It doesn't serve either of you to get pissed off arguing over something pointless.
Let 'em go - it's handbags at 10 paces :grinning:

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a theory, much like contagious yawning, those who laugh easily at this video are more empathetic than those that don’t. Humans have a sympathetic response to other humans emotions. As tribes, this was key to the our species’ survival. But bit by bit, technology and seclusion is breading this out- doesn’t bode well for humanity hence the high depression rate. Pharmaceutical companies don’t mind, they can sell more antidepressants.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just a theory, much like contagious yawning, those who laugh easily at this video are more empathetic than those that don’t. Humans have a sympathetic response to other humans emotions. As tribes, this was key to the our species’ survival. But bit by bit, technology and seclusion is breading this out- doesn’t bode well for humanity hence the high depression rate. Pharmaceutical companies don’t mind, they can sell more antidepressants.
Speaking of yawning, best way to find out if someone has been looking/watching is to pretend yawn and see who reacts by yawning.

That's one of the tricks I learnt in the CIA lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That sounds very much along the lines of what that indian neuroscientist published about mirror neurons in the brain, can't remember his name i'm sure google knows though, it was an interesting theory anyway.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It could also just be people going with the flow "if he's laughing and she's laughing then I should laugh as well". Remember everyone has a different sense of humour and trigger point.

Say the bloke didn't have a tablet, but was in the same scenario, but instead dropped his guts and laughed.

Some would react with disgust, others with laughter, and others not react at all.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Speaking of yawning, best way to find out if someone has been looking/watching is to pretend yawn and see who reacts by yawning.

That's one of the tricks I learnt in the CIA lol
Do you ever get those moments where you yawn but you're not actually tired? Surely there's got to be more to yawning than just being tired. Sometimes I yawn and it wakes me right up!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you ever get those moments where you yawn but you're not actually tired? Surely there's got to be more to yawning than just being tired. Sometimes I yawn and it wakes me right up!
I cant honestly remember when i have yawned when actually tired lol

I yawn a lot when I drive, probably just from the boredom of doing the speed limit.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could also just be people going with the flow "if he's laughing and she's laughing then I should laugh as well". Remember everyone has a different sense of humour and trigger point.

Say the bloke didn't have a tablet, but was in the same scenario, but instead dropped his guts and laughed.

Some would react with disgust, others with laughter, and others not react at all.
Yes that’s a possibility but your point is more consistent with social conditioning. Ie. how humans think they should act in order to fit in to the tribe - more conscious and a result of ‘nurture’ (as opposed to nature). I think the video shows (that sharing spontaneous reactions are) more unconscious and inate , much more consistent with the human condition -an anthropologist hangover from our ancestors.

I’m no expert, little more than just my own theory

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes that’s a possibility but your point is more consistent with social conditioning. Ie. how humans think they should act in order to fit in to the tribe - more conscious and a result of ‘nurture’ (as opposed to nature). I think the video shows (that sharing spontaneous reactions are) more unconscious and inate , much more consistent with the human condition -an anthropologist hangover from our ancestors.

Herd mentality or sheep.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read somewhere that one factor of why we yawn is due to the fact that we are low on oxygen and that yawning is contagious because subconsciously we all try to increase our oxygen intake.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll like the way the girl summed up at the end saying that she thought everyone knew something she didn’t. My take on this is that humans look for clues in other people’s behaviour. In modern times, so they don’t get embarrassed but when we were cavemen, to not eat a poisonous berry or walk into a swarm of wasps. Etc...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm sure most if not all of us have been in an elevator that has doors the open from the end which appears to be the back and try to turn around subtly when we notice someone walk in and face aforementioned door lol. They have them at Hurstville station.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would you class humans as pack animals? Maybe it's an evolutionary trait (humans emphasize with each other on multiple mood types/situation).

Same way that all other animals emphasize..

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most definitely animals empathise for exactly for the exact same reasons and yes pack mentality is alive from gang war, prison life to the boardroom. Humans are no more special than the rest of the animal kingdom - despite what some religious like to preach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure most if not all of us have been in an elevator that has doors the open from the end which appears to be the back and try to turn around subtly when we notice someone walk in and face aforementioned door lol. They have them at Hurstville station.
St Vincent's have those lifts, people always think I'm nuts until they get embarrassed lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would you class humans as pack animals? Maybe it's an evolutionary trait (humans emphasize with each other on multiple mood types/situation).

Same way that all other animals emphasize..
Are apes pack animals?