Truthfully did you think this would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the start of the season what where your expectations? Did you honestly think that we would be one win away from being premiers in 2012?
I never expected the season that we've had this year, I would have been happy to make the eight, but to have the winning streak they had, Ben Barba getting all the accolades he deserves this year along with his amazing skills on the field and now in the GF, I am so proud of the boys and I can say probably like most of you I hated Des Hasler when he played and coached Manly but now I LOVE HIM!!! Win or lose next week I am one proud Bulldogs supporter.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i would have been happy with a top 8 finish this season...but to see the boys go all the way to the GF is amazing....i really hope we can win next week

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
No I didnt expect it this soon.
Pre season I wouldve happily taken 1 finals win but right now I dont think we can be stopped.
Sticking strong through 08, The Moore sacking etc makes this even sweeter.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
I had a feeling in my heart since game one that we had it happening this year..

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I expected them to scrape into the top 8 Janice , but not much more ; I think we all underestimated Des Hasler . The idiots over at Manly are going to regret that decision to let him go for a long , long time .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was hoping to finish in 5th to 8th place, this is just icing on the cake

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt the most delusional of Canterbury supporters could have predicted a GF this year.

That being said, Mark Geyer tipped us to win it, what does that tell you?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
If you told me in January we'd be MP's and beat Manly & Souths to make the GF, I would have had you tested for banned substances.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you told me in January we'd be MP's and beat Manly & Souths to make the GF, I would have had you tested for banned substances.
Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to put in being MP, I was so excited about last nights result it slipped my mind (getting old).

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we smashed the Dragooons in was it round 3 i got a sniff of something good building.

Top 8 was what i expected.

Top 4 i thought would be a year off.

To win the MP & be one win from Premiership glory is a dream come true.

Well done to the whole team both staff & players! Go & get those Mexicans next Sunday!

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Happy with top 8 at the beginning of the year after 2 years in the wilderness.

The difference this year has obviously been Des, but I think we're only in the position we are in because of James Graham in combination with Des. Our forwards were getting dominated last night until Graham came on to steady the ship. Master coach + man of steel = GF appearance. Job not done yet.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I was thinking top 8, MAYBE top 6.. nothing like this. But who's complaining? :D

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my alarm to go off and wake me up from this dream. I still cannot believe it!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always thought we would finnish top 4 even in the pre-season.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
there was a thread with everyone predictions, i thought 5-8 for dogs and storm to win it. TBH still very surprised dogs got MP and now in GF. it really picked up for you guys picking up 2 international backs for the run home. inu and perrett have been the difference between finishing 5th - 1st

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I dont think anyone would ever expect to make a GF but I'm 800 richer by us finishing top 4(bet made with a Manly fan YES!!!) and from there anything could have happened so I'm not too surprised.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I would be happy if we made it into the top 8, but Des Hasler came with magic at the club, and 1 game away from winning the Grand Final.. GO THE DOGS:p

rifraf

New Pup
Reaction score
With the fact we had the same team? no, but ability wise yes knew we could have a massive shake at it...
when Hods went down injured i was stressed but the way we play you could put Graham at 7 and still win.

BLUE AND WHITE / RED AND WHITE 2012 all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.