True or false

Should Souths be down any players

• 1 player out for hip drop.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 1 player out for second tackle on hutchison

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Both 2 players down

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Neither. Both players are innocent of fouls.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ozman

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My opinion.
South's should be down two players at half time. 1 for a hip drop. 1 for a professional foul on Hutchison.

Interested to see if I'm alone in this opinion. Vote fothermuckers.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The hip drop is blatant. I can’t blame the refs here we didn’t convert our opportunities.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think it's a hip drop... But it's the same old story. Because Preston doesn't play act and gets on with it, it's treated correctly. But bitch hastings collapses like a girl and gets Preston sin binned. Same against Souths last season.
Those tackles aren't what hip drop are meant to protect against, but the refs are sympathetic to opponents of the dogs, and not the dogs. So supposed injuries sway the refs more against us

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The hip drop is blatant. I can’t blame the refs here we didn’t convert our opportunities.
We didn't. We had numerous chances from the 65th minute and suddenly looked very inept, one out runs etc.

BUT. Two questionable first tries for Souths. The penalty for the late tackle was VERY fucking soft would say 9/10 times that's let go, alternatively we had a player taken out in the air (either Taaffe or Tracey) and three of our players appealed for a penalty which would've put us in their half. Their next try Preston was obstructed by Burgess I think with a second player on the other side, so two players obstructing. Then the Kikau try was disallowed when their player intentionally tackle a decoy. He misread the play and it drew an obstruction call to over rule that try. Two potential binnings. The hip drop should've given us the ball on the 15m mark.

We looked a lot more likely early on and the ref made or failed to make numerous calls against us. They should have had 2 players binned at half time. Whole different ball game.

Yes we didn't take a lot of our chances in the end. We should have finished them off. But I'm still pissed with the refereeing. Haven't seen the post match presser yet. But coachy was looking pissed off up in the box. I certainly hope he gives this Sutton **** a massive spray. He was definitely the deciding factor. We had Souths on the ropes early until the late tackle call that led to a try off a forward pass anyway.

Should have still won had we executed well. Good signs really. We came really close to beating Souths with the ref I think is regularly the most hostile towards us in fine form today. I hope we nail these games as we get more cohesive.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You really think the betting agencies would let the strong favourites lose? They would lose a heap of money.

Wake the fuck up, it's not a conspiracy, it's fucking reality.

This isn't a sport, it's just another betting product under the label of "sports ENTERTAINMENT"

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did latrell make an attempt to tackle jac? Thought his lower body, not sure foot, knee or hips got jac first before his hands. Is that legal? Players can kick or trip. What is that then?

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did latrell make an attempt to tackle jac? Thought his lower body, not sure foot, knee or hips got jac first before his hands. Is that legal? Players can kick or trip. What is that then?
He will go for a stint this is his mate if im JAC id be pissed, the photo after the game shows Latrell was all over JAC, he could have jumped the players or veer right. Well Latrell you got bragging rights.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The professional foul early on in the game should of seen the bin hip drop should of been on report penalty mitchel on addo was nothing

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting them saying it wasn’t a hip drop as the tackler didn’t make contact with the legs. To my mind that’s more good luck than anything, the tackle was a classic hip drop motion and contact shouldn’t have any part to in the matter. However, if that’s the law and as long as they are consistent in their calls it’s hard to argue with.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baffled to how the Tass hold down was a penalty but not a professional foul.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting them saying it wasn’t a hip drop as the tackler didn’t make contact with the legs. To my mind that’s more good luck than anything, the tackle was a classic hip drop motion and contact shouldn’t have any part to in the matter. However, if that’s the law and as long as they are consistent in their calls it’s hard to argue with.
I thought any type of hip drop was when a player uses his weight to drop down a player while his legs are in the air? Anyways if we did that which we did last year against souths ohh boy it would have been world war 3 with us and sin binned, report (2 weeks suspension). I don’t care about what anyone says from the NRL, duty of care yesterday was not displayed for our players. Bloody ridiculous

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You really think the betting agencies would let the favourites win?

Wake the fuck up, it's not a conspiracy, it's fucking reality.

This isn't a sport, it's just another betting product under the label of "sports ENTERTAINMENT"
It felt like we were on top then Sutton decided to dictate the game to put Souths on top. Very questionable calls were made in the first half but had many chances to get back into the game in the second half.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought any type of hip drop was when a player uses his weight to drop down a player while his legs are in the air? Anyways if we did that which we did last year against souths ohh boy it would have been world war 3 with us and sin binned, report (2 weeks suspension). I don’t care about what anyone says from the NRL, duty of care yesterday was not displayed for our players. Bloody ridiculous
Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk