Triple signings rock the NRL, as Bulldogs get double hit & Roosters get their man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
CANTERBURY have landed two massive blows, the Roosters have got their No. 1 target and the Wests Tigershave been gutted as the NRL player market kicks into overdrive.

James Tedesco and Aaron Woods are leaving the Tigers with the fullback joining the Roosters and the prop linking with the Bulldogs, who have also snapped up Kieran Foran from the Warriors after just missing out on snaring Tedesco.

The Bulldogs will announce their signings next week.

Tedesco was all but “over the line” at the Bulldogs before the Roosters stepped in to trump their offer, ending weeks of the most frantic contract negotiations.

The Wests Tigers were still unaware of the latest developments, giving Tedesco and Woods a deadline of Friday afternoon to reveal decisions they have in fact already made.

It’s understood Woods and Tedesco have already informed some Tigers teammates of their decision to leave the club.

The signing of three of the NRL’s biggest names has massive ramifications for the Bulldogs, the Newcastle Knights, the Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra.

Foran rejected the Storm and the Newcastle Knights for the same reason — to be closer to his young children on Sydney’s northern beaches.

The game’s next big signing blitz will now involve the unwanted Bulldogs stars.

The Roosters too will almost certainly have to offload players to get Tedesco on board in a $1 million plus contract.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/04783f81862e36d3389cd3181936de2b

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Spewing we missed out on Tedesco. Fken Nick Politis.

Who should we chase for Fullback?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We still need a fullback though, and if Des is planning to move Bmoz there permanently (which I hope not) then we should go after Joseph Manu from the Roosters who's off contract and one of next big things to cover the other wing spot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We still need a fullback though, and if Des is planning to move Bmoz there permanently (which I hope not) then we should go after Joseph Manu from the Roosters who's off contract and one of next big things to cover the other wing spot.
Joey is contracted for next season.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So are you calling bs?
Nah it probably is going down that way

AND we WERE very close to tedesco. I was expecting an announcement on Tuesday after Easter to say we had signed him (well at least that's what my source told me)

Status
Not open for further replies.