Trial Team News Bulldogs VS Knights

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's all by design though. We literally ran that double block play every tackle in the oppositions red zone and the ball either died with the forward at first receiver or died with the half if the ball eventually made it to them because the defence was already in their face and had slid across. We were flat, lacked intensity and lacked any off the ball movement. Even the try Dufty setup was nothing flash, just bare basic ball movement well before the line finished off with a good long ball to a totally unmarked winger, I don't even think we had extra numbers lol.

There's obviously issues like JMK's awful service, lack of Yeo like ball player and sloppy errors, but I don't think we did anything more than play through motions tonight in attack....however if this IS what we plan on doing this season then Baz will be out the door and we will have a new coach for 23.
100%

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO pretty bad as well.

Cook and King are looking the goods though.
Bbl needs to be bench hooker, absolutely carves up and can be used to kill id we had a smart coach, he’s being rushed into a spot he isn’t built for

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s good to hear from the coach that our attack was last year and not much improved this game , even though it was a trial , focus would have been on finishing sets off .. we didn’t .

We started poorly and individual errors cost us . Almamoti you can excuse as he’s at least a season or 2 off first grade and his defensive reads needs to improve dramatically but Okunbor and Averillo is exactly the same shit we got last year .. sub standard performance with infrequent glimpses of quality .

Defensive structures looked solid looking forward to seeing our full left side in action
I was surprised at how honest Baz was. He was clearly unhappy (as he should be) but said what anyone who knows a bit about footy that we had no one controlling in the middle.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Baz comments and performances tonight. I think most positions are sorted. I have a feeling they will persist with Averillo.

1.Dufty
2.jaC
3.Schopp
4.naden
5. Allen/burns/casey
6.Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughn
9.JMK
10.Thompson
11. Tevita
12.Herhrington
13. Jackson
14. Cook/Bbo
15. Patalo
16. King
17. RFM
Don’t put the 7 next to Averillo you’ll give me ulcers. He’s was easily one of the shittest players For us. All preseason he’s had at 7 and he still has a piss poor IQ for the game. It is unfair on Burton to have such a shit player next to him. Please don’t compare him to Jerome Hughes either. Averillo doesn’t have 10% of the talent Hughes does.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree with this though I’d almost prefer bbo then jake at 7.

Rfm out injured should see avo in though the size of bench could be to big.

All I know is Casey has to push ahead of allen and Okonbor at worst.

Okonbor was terrible in defence. Stimson was completely and utterly useless as fuck.

I was super impressed with king and cook (even if the reserves where on) they stood out and looked hungry to win.

Both have to be there for me. Bbo is someone I think fighting jake for 7. Wakeham to obviously.

At this point I’d let burton decide who starts with him for the trial against the sharks. Then give another crack to the other 2
Second half (e.g burton avo) (bbo wakeham) cause if averilo looks as poor next to burton I’d rather whoever stands up out of bbo and wakeham get round 1 chance.
Yeh not necessarily, my team. Just listening to Baz after the game makes me think this will be it. I would prefer BBo at 7 also and tevita in the middle but, tevita basically said he will be playing 80 minutes. Okunbor has to go.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A good coach with tell Okunbor to mark his opposite winger
Absolutely. It happens so often it MUST be a team plan. It's not just Okunbor who does it either. Surely Gus should have pointed this out to the wingers & Barrett by now?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn you Dominic Perritoit…. Not only today did he oversee the Train Network strike, but also our entire Halves network