Trial Team News Bulldogs VS Knights

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton can't save us by himself.

Unless BBO steps up.
Honestly we haven't had a half decent halfback since Kimmorley's form in 2009.

Dufty plus Burton could make us stronger than us in 2012, because Reynolds and Keating were no halfbacks either, we just got carried by our forward pack and Barba back then.

Hopefully BBO steps up

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmk will do ok. He has very good off the mark speed and slight of foot, he can break the line an can be dangerous, just wish he would really apply his potential.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both are terrible, I don’t rate either one. Flanno is worse. Least Jake MIGHT be first grade standard
How much would it cost to get Lewis Back! Just jokes but he is better than these halves which is our problem at the moment

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only a trial, but some things that stick out, both good and bad...

TPJ is trying to do too much and just looks confused. Hopefully just first game for new club nerves.
Not much cohesion, but errors and no possession doesn't help.
Okunbor is pure shit. Fuck him off and put Naden on the wing with Averillo centre. Avo has shown fuck all at 7 as usual.

Some good things - Dufty. Clearly our most dangerous player in the first half.
Casey has been better than expected and put on a top 10 hit.

My main concern and worry is that Baz doesn't change something that's clearly not working, e.g: Okky and Avo. Switch them out for Allan/Burns/Casey and Bbo and we can start talking.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alteast we have Gus watching Averillo. He won’t accept those performances

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m sick and tired of going through a half of football where the referee can’t find fault with out opponents. Zero penalties and zero six agains going our way in the first half. Bradman Best’s tackle on Okunbor should hav been a bin. Trust me, referees are going to be our biggest challenge to overcome.