Trex to Hoppa Try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LMFAO it's a try clear as day... he passes and as he passes the ball a defendig player knocks his hand, which hits the ball knocking it forwards, he regathers and scores.

We get pissed off about the refs not knowing the rules, but this was one instance where the rules were actually followed by the book. Good call.

Now lets move on from it!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There was no issue with the try. Trex's arm gets knocked as he went to pass, it goes up in the air and he regains it before it touches anyone else. No problem.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think it funny there are people in this thread that are arguing that a rule should be changed so that a try we scored would be no try. Is this the saints forum? The twilight zone? A crack house? Lolz.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it was any other player In our team then it may be possible that they meant it however she Rex has no idea 99.9% of the time and in no way shape or form could intentionally do that.

Try everyday of the week
The no try was lichaas
I'd need a new tv if that was given against us
He was short

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
why are people blowing up? and i cant believe ive seen some people saying now players can just throw the ball over and regather it. if players do that they will get smashed while trying to get the ball because they are in possession or someone will touch the ball and it will be a knock on

theres nothing wrong with what happened. it was a basically an exaggerated juggle of the ball. while it was in the air they could have tackled him because he was in possession or they could've touched the ball and it would be called a knock on. they didnt and its play on

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rules were changed when...
"Messenger deliberately punched the ball ahead past his opponents, raced through and gathered on the full".

By Messenger, they're referring to Dally.

Now if your all going to start with the "unintentional" argument, it's basically opening up a can of worms. Referees can't get the basics right nowadays, do we really want them to make calls on what's intentional and what's not?

Every other unintentional act that's against the rules is penalised, why isn't this one?
I'm against it because it was rubbed out of the game 100years ago and players are going to find a way to let it creep back in on technicalities.

Last edited:

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Rules were changed when...
"Messenger deliberately punched the ball ahead past his opponents, raced through and gathered on the full".

By Messenger, they're referring to Dally.

Now if your all going to start with the "unintentional" argument, it's basically opening up a can of worms. Referees can't get the basics right nowadays, do we really want them to make calls on what's intentional and what's not?

Every other unintentional act that's against the rules is penalised, why is this?
I'm against it because it was rubbed out of the game 100years ago and players are going to find a way to let it creep back in on technicalities.
there is literally no way it can come back in the game. if someone does it now they are in possession of the ball and will get smashed trying to do it or someone will touch it and it will be called a knock on.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
there is literally no way it can come back in the game. if someone does it now they are in possession of the ball and will get smashed trying to do it or someone will touch it and it will be called a knock on.
Problem with these refs are they'll penalize the defending team with a late tackle on a player who's lost it forward even before the ball hits the ground.
I want simple clear cut rules to try and cut refs out of the game as much as possible.
This bullshit just gives them more shit rules to manipulate.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was watching the game on my iPad, and saw the replays..... not really sure what the hell happened there, but, didn't see a single rule being broken. If he knocked it forward, it certainly made no contact with anyone else before he regathered, so for me it was 100% fine, only controversy was the commentary calling for a no try..... which they changed to "change the rules!" while the slow-mo replays showed nothing wrong at all.

Maybe I missed something, but that was a try for all money I though (with a side note that T-Rex fluked it for the Bulldogs coaching staff, and a side note of where was the defence for the Dragons coaching staff).

Anyway, no doubt the NRL took note and will bring in a new rule to ban whatever the hell happened there if not this season, then in the off season. Who cares if it pretty much never happens, the Bulldogs scored off it, time to ban it.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jared Maxwell said it was a try. The bunker said it was a try. So shiteh... it was a try.:smiley:

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deliberate or not you can't tap or pass the ball on to yourself OVER AN OPPOSING PLAYER.

It's the old rule brought in to stop Daly Messenger, who would throw the ball up in the air before the defensive line and catch it on the other side untouched.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well all I know is I would be furious if that happened to our team, BUT it went with us against the Dragoons so I couldnt be happier. I love how their fans are having a cry over that instead of crying about their limp dick attack.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well all I know is I would be furious if that happened to our team, BUT it was the went with us against the Dragoons so I coouldnt be happier. I love how their fans are having a cry over that instead of crying about their limp dick attack.
Poor st george lol

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good decision try, stuffed rule though. You simply can't say no try because it doesn't feel right, if disallowed it must be based on actual rules. And as far as I know intentional or not is not in the rule book. Or gained an advantage. Haynes was deemed intentional, this one not. Simples

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like @finchie said there's no way in a million years Trex could have orchestrated such a complex and risky type of play to pull off a try..hahahahaha makes me laugh when people say it was deliberate ( like bill Harrigan) who btw said the Lichaa try was a clear NO TRY as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.