Trent Hodkinson playing for so much more than the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Blues halfback Trent Hodkinson is playing for so much more than the Blues – he’s playing for a potential million-dollar-a-season contract which will set him up for life.

Hodkinson won’t have that in the front of his mind – but it will be somewhere in his thought process. He is off contract at the end of next year and his manger David Riolo is planning to start talks with the Canterbury-Bansktown Bulldogs once the series is over. The 25-year-old deserves some long-term security after enduring a horror run with injuries, which threatened to end his career.

The Dogs were prepared to pay $850,000 with a couple of cars in the mix for Andrew Fifita – so that should be the starting point in negotiations for an Origin halfback. What Dogs fans should know is that Hodkinson is very happy at Belmore.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/bulldog...er-contract-20140525-zrmo0.html#ixzz32h0PoRHs

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's how much he really wants then see ya later Trent, he his no where near as good as DCE smith jt or CRONK, the max I say would be $500k and I still think that's being generous

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that's how much he really wants then see ya later Trent, he his no where near as good as DCE smith jt or CRONK, the max I say would be $500k and I still think that's being generous
I think 500 would be his mark, but other teams would probably pay overs

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Million dollars a season? I don't think being chosen ahead of Pearce warrants anything about 250k

...Let's just hope he comes back a bigger and better player for the experience.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt Trent is entitled to an upgrade if he can stay injury free and build on his solid form,
But those figures are just a media beat up, he can't command that kind of money just yet,

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 500 would be his mark, but other teams would probably pay overs
Well let's hope we don't pay overs then, like srsly his been brilliant this year in his own right, but his no Jonathan Thurston, and if the dogs pay more and force players out because of it I'll be cut

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that's what he's asking for. The article is written with zero contact with Hodkinson. It's just a reporter saying "Hodkinson probably wants more money and probably deserves more money"

About as good as a gossip column article.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that's what he's asking for. The article is written with zero contact with Hodkinson. It's just a reporter saying "Hodkinson probably wants more money and probably deserves more money"

About as good as a gossip column article.
Hope your right mate, let's hope Trent doesn't grow a big ego after being picked for origin and becomes a cock like rat boy

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree with shurking at that price tag mentioned but as for comparison's against other HB's it's a little unfair as this is probably Trent's first year as an uninjured player where as the other's have been around longer or haven't been injured yet. If Trent goes the next few years without injury he will be in the top 4 HB's in the comp I reckon.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with shurking at that price tag mentioned but as for comparison's against other HB's it's a little unfair as this is probably Trent's first year as an uninjured player where as the other's have been around longer or haven't been injured yet. If Trent goes the next few years without injury he will be in the top 4 HB's in the comp I reckon.
That's what makes the price tag more laughable because he hasn't had a full injury free season since he joint us fingers crossed he stays injury free but let's remember I was comparing Trent with other HBs because of the amount that's being tossed up in value he's a quality player yes no question about it dose he deserve a contract upgrade yes he dose but not a mill a season.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A nothing article from womens weekly, also who took that screen grab of reynolds at the roosters game you cant even tell its him? Same guy who put up a Daniel Craig picture for Craig Bellamy.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope your right mate, let's hope Trent doesn't grow a big ego after being picked for origin and becomes a cock like rat boy
I don't think Trent is like that and he knows that aswell, if Trent is thinking like this (which I doubt he is) he has to remember the club stood by him during all those injuries he had with us and another one could happen that forces him to retire. If he keeps improving and stays consistent he will be entitled to an upgrade but that should be looked at in years not games per year haha

A nothing article from womens weekly, also who took that screen grab of reynolds at the roosters game you cant even tell its him? Same guy who put up a Daniel Craig picture for Craig Bellamy.
That picture of Reynolds in the Roosters gear did look him alot, he did admit he was there and a big Fitler fan

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
dude, I'm sure a payrise is the last thing on Trent's mind, Wiedler is a f'ing gronk spreading his usual bullshit.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lmfaoo weidler at it again like most of his stories he pulled this one out of his ass.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weidler is not a journalist, his a gossip columnist and should be employed by the Hollywood tabloids rather than an Australian newspaper.
He comes across as someone who lacks passion for the game of rugby league, and probably dislikes it.
The tosser is someone whos looks for controversy or controversial characters, such as SBW, Nasser or Mundine as a way to stand out in the tough and competitive nature of Sydney media

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha that made me laugh it has to be a typo surely!!
Million dollar contract not 1 million per year...
He's got along way 2 go yet!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't pay more than 400k a year for him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about ignoring SMH until they drop Widdler. Other than the mining queen herself, he is the worst person to get involved with what used to be a decent newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.