Trent Hodkinson or Kris Keating to the Panthers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big NRL rumour going around is that either trent or kris keating has sought an early release from the dogs to take up a 4 year option with the panthers.
Its all over the nrl rumour mill pages and other sites.
I hope this means that penrith have missed out on jt and that we are making way for jt.
But i thought we would have waited til end of season to release any half.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Taumata's potential is becoming quite over-rated. Not to mention the dude is an absolute retard.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully its not KK, if its Trent.. cya champ!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arana Taumata has done all the damage to his career all by himself, if a person is that stupid to blow chance after chance just who is to blame........... himself only
no sympathy what so ever for the kid

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Taumata's potential is becoming quite over-rated. Not to mention the dude is an absolute retard.
No doubt the kids got some personal issues, but when Wayne Bennett first signed this kid he telling everyone he had signed the new Wally Lewis. If you think about the fact that 7 clubs took a punt on him knowing he had his demons & disciplinary issues says a lot about how talented he is/was. It's a shame he couldn't sort his off field issues coz he was a talent there can be no doubting that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does KK want out or is it just bullsh1t?

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I spoke to Krippy 2 weeks ago, said he loves it at the club, don't think much would have changed in the space of 2 weeks. If anything, out of the two..it would be Hodkinson (he was rumoured to joining either the Titans or Dragons). Couldn't see Hodko playing FG with us, especially that trial he missed was fairly vital, will see if he is named for this weeks trial.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well they have released young 5/8 Arana Taumata, not sure if you remember him ? Damn shame what happened to that kid he had the world at his feet
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...oy-arana-taumata/story-e6frexnr-1226581191801

and are signing Isaac John from the warrioirs.
doesn't mean they won't sign anyone else just letting y'all know
Damm shame? Please....given all the opportunity in the world and stuffed it every time. You know the problem? Every time he got sacked another club picked him up...he never had to learn his lesson.
Apparently he asked for a release and was not booted !! Wonder where he is going??

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Isaac John is believed to have signed with the Panthers, so doesn't make sense for Hodko to go their now, the rumour of him going to the Dragons or Titans, sounds more likely.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
well they have released young 5/8 Arana Taumata, not sure if you remember him ? Damn shame what happened to that kid he had the world at his feet and are signing Isaac John from the warrioirs.
doesn't mean they won't sign anyone else just letting y'all know
No doubt the kids got some personal issues, but when Wayne Bennett first signed this kid he telling everyone he had signed the new Wally Lewis. If you think about the fact that 7 clubs took a punt on him knowing he had his demons & disciplinary issues says a lot about how talented he is/was. It's a shame he couldn't sort his off field issues coz he was a talent there can be no doubting that.
You're dead right about Tuamata. He's got ability that can't be coached and when he was at the Bulldogs we badly needed a gun five eighth.

But back to the Hodko or KK going to Penrith. If it happens I hope its Hodko... I'd much rather lose a bloke who's a serial injury rehabber than someone who went well in 2012 and can probably get better with Matt Orford's input. :yo:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, I'm just saying it feels like every time a club lets him go, his potential gets over-stated a little more.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, I'm just saying it feels like every time a club lets him go, his potential gets over-stated a little more.
well just have a look at the media this week alone.

saying Boom broncos playmaker Corey Norman bla bla bla, and champion all star sbw
the media make these players out to superstars, the next big thing, most of it is just taking the piss out of people, the ones who follow the game read these articles and know better, the ones who believe the crap the media print need to give themselves an uppercut

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well just have a look at the media this week alone.

saying Boom broncos playmaker Corey Norman bla bla bla, and champion all star sbw
the media make these players out to superstars, the next big thing, most of it is just taking the piss out of people, the ones who follow the game read these articles and know better, the ones who believe the crap the media print need to give themselves an uppercut
That does tend to happen with the media. But with Taumata, it's as though his lack of longevity at a single club and his inconsistent playing time throughout the years, coupled with the evident talent on show has ultimately enlarged some people's view of him as a (potential) player. It's like he has more potential because he didn't make it, rather than the other scenario in which he is playing quite regularly.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Its not keating, dont get too excited haters:grinning:.
neither of them are going to penrith, according to Moley. Although hodkinson going to the titans or dragons, is still a possibility.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe people are hoping KK is going right before the season starts. If he does, we don't have a replacement. Hodko would probably play 2 or 3 games and be out for another 8. What do you think that will do to our season?

This season will be KK's last shot to impress, if he doesn't he will definitely be gone. Even if he does impress we will still replace him with JT if we can but at least he will increase his worth and another club will snap him up.

I hope for his and our sake that he has a blinder this year, and I really do hope Hodko goes somewhere else because he won't get a shot in FG this year.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Ironic that Krippy seems to be becoming the new Ben Roberts on here. I think he did a solid job last year and we did get into the GF (i know with star HB we may have gone one better , but we will never know), unless there is someone else coming through better than him then no reason to boot him from the club/team.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. He can only improve and I think having Hodko waiting in the wings is one of the reasons he played a lot better last year. The whole team will have so much more confidence now, I am hoping for big things from ol' Krippy. He mainly just needs to improve his kicking game, everything else he does is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.