Trent Hodkinson - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rumours are its a suspected fracture. If thats the case he will be out for God knows anywhere up to even 2-3 months.

Didnt that Tigers winger who was killing it 2 yrs ago break his ankle and never recover to play again? Hopefully its not that serious for Trent
Taniela Tuiaki. A sad way for his career to end like the way he did, was playing his best footy.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Tuiaki did a clean break of his ankle. Trent will b sweet. Bring on 2012 already!!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Outstanding first half against his ex-club.

He showed signs of the potential he always had.

I was gutted when he was injured after making that break.
Out played Cherry Evans big time!!

B

Baghdatis

He will be out for 2 months at least. Should be fine for Preseason training..

G

Gladiator.

He will be out for 2 months at least. Should be fine for Preseason training..
Thanks Dr. Hugh Hazzard. Dude your 12 years old, do you even know what his injury is? Not until he has scans today, so if you have some psychic ability or you're Doogie Howser, by all means please enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks dr. Hugh hazzard. Dude your 12 years old, do you even know what his injury is? Not until he has scans today, so if you have some psychic ability or doogie howser, please enlighten us.
lol!!!!!

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Outstanding first half against his ex-club.

He showed signs of the potential he always had.

I was gutted when he was injured after making that break.
cant agree more he was playing really well until he got injured, cant wait to see him next year cause it not worth risking him if he is out for the rest of the year.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twitter says:

Great news for @NRL_Bulldogs Trent hodkinson - just a bad cork - should be all good for @NRLKnights

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs Twitter confirms:

And in case you haven't heard - news from @TrentHodkinson's scans this AM - no fracture, just a bad cork, fighting to be right for Sat

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
6 day turn around. Dont like his chances of making the knights game

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Well the good thing is he isn't injured. Morris was on fire the first game...once he got injured he isn't really back to his best. Is playing out of his skin atm. very glad for the kid

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thank **** CMON HODKO

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Good to hear. Been very impressed with him in the last few weeks. Hopefully he's out there on Saturday!

C

chipandchase

even critics lik chipandchase would say he has improved heaps :grinning:

Next season hopefully we get him a settled 5/8 (Romelo can easily fit that role).
Hansta yes i have already stated that in previous posts that he has improved 1000% on the first 3/4 of the year. he needs to keep it going, 3 good games doesnt make a season, the top halfs play well all season. Cherry Evans out played him yesterday, anyone who says different cant be serious. Cherry-Evans had 1 clear line break and 3 try assists, he is a class player.
im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt with the coaching of K Moore denting his game.
My main criticism was that he lacked involvement in the game and he has improved that. He even admitted in a article that his form was well below expected, so i wasnt off the mark there.
He needs to improve his kicking game still, he was again charged down and he was lucky to get away with it. A few kicks were nothing kicks on the weekend, id prefer to see him go to the air then just kick it back to them on the 5th. But again, this could be a BK coaching aspect there.
He is still the slowest halfback in the NRL history and that wont change, so we need to have a explosive 5/8 outside of him. Roberts and Keating are not the answer and Romelo is touch but he wont create anything from a individual point of view.
We desperately need a 5/8 option outside of Hodkinson if we are going to persist with him thats for sure.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hansta yes i have already stated that in previous posts that he has improved 1000% on the first 3/4 of the year. he needs to keep it going, 3 good games doesnt make a season, the top halfs play well all season. Cherry Evans out played him yesterday, anyone who says different cant be serious. Cherry-Evans had 1 clear line break and 3 try assists, he is a class player.
im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt with the coaching of K Moore denting his game.
My main criticism was that he lacked involvement in the game and he has improved that. He even admitted in a article that his form was well below expected, so i wasnt off the mark there.He needs to improve his kicking game still, he was again charged down and he was lucky to get away with it. A few kicks were nothing kicks on the weekend, id prefer to see him go to the air then just kick it back to them on the 5th. But again, this could be a BK coaching aspect there.
He is still the slowest halfback in the NRL history and that wont change, so we need to have a explosive 5/8 outside of him. Roberts and Keating are not the answer and Romelo is touch but he wont create anything from a individual point of view.
We desperately need a 5/8 option outside of Hodkinson if we are going to persist with him thats for sure.
wrong, wrong and wrong.

hodkinson was all over him till he got injured.
you werent saying he was out of form you were saying he is not a first grade half and that will never go anywhere with him wrong again.
he is not the slowest halfback in nrl history. 3 strikes your out. suprised u even show up. credit for that.

BiGGiE4Ya

Waterboy
Reaction score
sorry guys about the misleading info about trent having a broken leg..it was in the sport update on mix 106.5..i was disappointed in the news at first but im now relieved that it was not true..****ing radio lol

Status
Not open for further replies.