Trent Hodkinson - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

I dont like the idea of Kimmorley being in Hodkinson ear. He was a rubbish player and boring player. Hodkinson was good at eagles, ever since he came to dog he hasnt been playing his natural game...
mate foran ran the show at the eagles, he done nothing there also, which i stated before the season started. thats why the eagles did not offer him the money we did
he is pedestrian to say the least.
he goes off and we score 2 tries

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I gotta be honest Chippy ... I thought your anti-Hodkinson tirade was way over the top.

Tonight he justified every word you said.

Back to the drawing board (slash-computer-slash-videos-slash-training paddock).

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mate foran ran the show at the eagles, he done nothing there also, which i stated before the season started. thats why the eagles did not offer him the money we did
he is pedestrian to say the least.
he goes off and we score 2 tries
Its a shame knowing we spent that much money on him when we could have had guys like reynolds, sezer step up.

C

chipandchase

I gotta be honest Chippy ... I thought your anti-Hodkinson tirade was way over the top.

Tonight he justified every word you said.

Back to the drawing board (slash-computer-slash-videos-slash-training paddock).
thanks mate, i know what im talking about, pity the niffs nuffs who bagged me wont apolagise

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks mate, i know what im talking about, pity the niffs nuffs who bagged me wont apolagise
Not sure if anyone noticed, but he didnt do anything in organising the team. Everytime i looked at him during the game, his mouth was shut and just waiting for the ball to go his way. This is not what a halfback should be doing. It made me so frustrated! Reynolds was doing more talking on his debut!

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Reynolds to Panthers then? If Gus liked him that much, a possibility....Walsh at Half, Reynolds at 5/8th. Wouldnt be bad? if i was a dogs junior atm, i would probably also be leaving..not giving them enough respect and trust. Look at Lafai..was one of our best week in and week out, and got dropped. Our young halves standouts in nsw cup and toyota cup, and yet, we go and buy 2 halves...plz...greenburg, we love you but sign the juniors up.
Agreed

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Reynolds himself put up his price value by standing out much better with the ball than Hodkinson.

It didn't help with Gus singing his praises from the 1st minute onward.

If Penrith are looking for a half next season and its a matter of, Gus gets what Gus wants. Then we all know how much he will improve under his coaching.

C

chipandchase

Not sure if anyone noticed, but he didnt do anything in organising the team. Everytime i looked at him during the game, his mouth was shut and just waiting for the ball to go his way. This is not what a halfback should be doing. It made me so frustrated! Reynolds was doing more talking on his debut!
thats what i have stated since the start of the season, glad someone else can finally see it
maybe the niff nuffs can see it too now

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds himself put up his price value by standing out much better with the ball than Hodkinson.

If Penrith are looking for a half next season and its a matter of, Gus gets what Gus wants. Then we all know how much he will improve under his coaching.
Yes, Anything But Moore. If i was a player, I would look no further than Gould.

C

chipandchase

well we need to sign asap and put him in the halves for next week. flick hodkindon and send him to penrith

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After Penrith is done with Gould, can we have him please? lol

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I never doubted what you said.

He does all the little things bad and the big things even worse.

Slow passing, not passing the ball, his kicking game was dreadful. How flat does he want to stand? 2nd week in a row his kicks have been charged down.

Don't start me on Keating though. He does try hard but gee, his ball playing and kicking game leave little to be desired.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree he has not been good but I feel next year Hodgo and Keating will be a much better pairing but I feel one of them really needs to step up and take more control then we will see some good things happen..

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he has not been good but I feel next year Hodgo and Keating will be a much better pairing but I feel one of them really needs to step up and take more control then we will see some good things happen..
No. Keating needs to be dropped then things will happen :grinning:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson takes forever to kick the ball. How many times this year has he been charged down?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about we get Hodkinson and Roberts to legally switch names, then Hodkison to parra next season

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well well well, i got smashed from pillar to post about bagging Hodkison by all the niff nuffs on here over the last week.
looks like Moore has had enough also when he was hooked tonight.
not is he the potential worst buy he IS the worst buy of the season and we are stuck for the next 2 and 1/2 seasons with the slowest and worst attacking half back in the comp. he has nothing, absolutely nothing and if you want to keep your heads in the sand, go ahead.
All these calls for give him time blah blah blah , reynolds killed him tonight and even Williams killed him, a under 20's player. sure his defence is good, but u dont buy a half back for defence.
the only time we scored points was when keating was half and reynolds at 5/8, i think that says enough.
he has got nothing, which i dare say i pointed out BEFORE the season started on his efforts last year.
Gus just put Reynolds price tag up a few thousand also tonight, lets hope he stays or we are doomed.
Mate i have read alot of your posts, and i agree with most of the points you make, in this case im not entirely sure.
Yes i agree tonight hed had an ordinary game, but to say because he was hooked was the reason we scored points is a little over the top.

I also agree there is something very wrong with our backline, whether thats hodkinsons or keating or moores fault im not sure, we stand way to flat, no depth at all with no one running on to the ball, when we do go to our backs its slow, passing along the line to the next bloke who is standing still going no where, the passes are never in front of the man, usually behind or up high so they have to jump for it losing any pace or anything to the move.

As with most of our trys this year they are steming from an offload from our forwards or Barba brilliance, last year we couldnt get any offloads, now it seems its the only way we have a chance to score.
Never back us to be first try scorer, because until Corey Payne comes on we dont start to even try to play, he seems to be our main ball player and to me seems to spark us into attack.

Then theres our kicking game, i dont think i have ever seen so many kicks go straight down the throats of opposing wingers and fullbacks, it gives the opposition at least an extra 20m run back, he was a really good kick for Manly, this seems to have dropped off, not just him though, Keating is just as bad.

I hope Hodko and Moore can sort this out, as i really like Hodko as a player, and obviously we need him to run the show, but he needs his outside backs to help hime out, stand deep run onto the ball, if you have a look at it now when he gets the ball and has a look, not many options out there, no one moving, he was tackled more than ever tonight due to being no better option???

Anyway as i said i read most of your posts, because i think your pretty spot on, i just hope your wrong with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.