Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hearing tpj was told prior to fri and that’s why he put in a stinker

my guess is he is dolphins bound
He signed a 3 year contract. If I was the Dolphins I would be asking us to pay most of his contract.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but chucking someone else in, who may be just as bad, could be far worse as far as our reputation goes with other coaches, player managers and players.

If we dont get that new better quality coaching staff we are back to square one results wise and lots of even more angry fans.

This has to be professionally handled and thought thru best practice for the club's sake.
I can’t really think of any other clubs that sack coaches just so the directors can get re elected. We did it with Hasler , Pay and now Barrett.

Now every new coach will make short term decisions just to keep their job. Absolute recipe for disaster

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont feel too bad for him bro, his been earning $500k a season to coach us LOL
It is a terrible look but if getting rid of 10 including Thommo and TPJ means landing Munster then I ain’t mad
It may be a bad look but it is worse look keeping them them - I think 10 is a minimum - very few if any off contract deserve to be extended - id be pushing hard for these contracted players - thompson flanagan allan waddell okunbor averillo cook jmk patolo naden burns - to find new clubs - just moving thre or four would help salary cap - add the non contracted doorey rfm wakeham stimson katoa dufty.

How many of those listed will improve to the extent to make the club stronger?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitness at this level is between the ears. If they have confidence, they will finish games strongly.
Exactly Bro, pity so many have forgoten the game only 2 weeks ago against the rotters when in the last 15 minutes they threw every thing at us yet the lads held on.
However the development of players and their skills level leave alot to be desired with the current set up.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t really think of any other clubs that sack coaches just so the directors can get re elected. We did it with Hasler , Pay and now Barrett.

Now every new coach will make short term decisions just to keep their job. Absolute recipe for disaster
Your sentiment is correct but it was only Hasler that applied to where Dib started panicking about an upcoming election in early 2018. Pay wasn’t actually sacked, he walked mid-2020 when told the club would have to look elsewhere coaching wise (maybe that’s as good as being sacked) but it was only 5 months after the board was returned and likewise with Barrett as the board was returned in February this year.

But - I agree with you that we must be careful not to create a rep as ‘the coach sackers’ otherwise all future coaches will be looking over their shoulder if results don’t come quickly. It’s tricky - the club needs results but results often take time. That’s likely why Gus wants to save Barrett - although the flip side is Barrett has been given every tool to succeed and we’re still last.

Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall at this Directors meeting!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes but chucking someone else in, who may be just as bad, could be far worse as far as our reputation goes with other coaches, player managers and players.

If we dont get that new better quality coaching staff we are back to square one results wise and lots of even more angry fans.

This has to be professionally handled and thought thru best practice for the club's sake.
I just think keeping Baz in to delay the inevitable isn’t in the best interest of both parties

We won’t win another game, Baz has run out of ideas and the playing group clearly don’t care about him

We may as well promote Tangata Toa at immediate interim and go through a thorough Gus led process to secure a proper coach

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just watched Corey Parker’s take on this and the bloke must be suffering from some serious concussion side effects.
He literally argued against his own points
He is best mates with Ennis, so if Wnnis puts the boot in, Parker will as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I dont really think it happens purely to get re-elected tho.

We've just had a very exceptional set of circumstances stuff up the club.... Hasler/Castle/Dib initially then autocrat Andersons who got offside with factions and made dumb decisions themselves.

For some strange reason all our past 3 coaches in Hasler, Pay and Barrett were stubborn and could not see or act to correct player shortfalls and maybe were too loyal and it wasnt repaid.

Hasler insisting on starting TRex when he was better suited to bench short impact stints. Same with Kasiano. Wouldnt change players.

Pay with Martin etc and wouldnt drop favs.

Now Barrett.

No one got us a 7, 9 or 1 of fg quality.

This has been a long term problem evolving and is a long term problem in solving.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

That's why I want DTT as caretaker, purely for his link with the pups. If He turns a few of them into solid FG'ers then he has successfully done his job.

Baz can't do that and will kill their career, like he has done with JAC, Burton and TPJ. Plus not a single player has developed or improved under the fraud.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I honestly think the assistants need to go first particularly Ferris if nothing improves after that than sack baz
100% he should be the first to get the boot but that shouldn't save the fraud. Baz should be sacked just on the fact he has no idea about bench rotation alone.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe flamingo will step up since his security blanket is back next to him holding his hand, changing his nappies and breastfeeding him...
Even all that would'nt inspire me with any confidence about young Kyle. For me it's a no for S Flanagan. What I hope happens is for an interim coach to come in and hopfully win a few games and make us look like an attractive club for a prospective coach and players

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% he should be the first to get the boot but that shouldn't save the fraud. Baz should be sacked just on the fact he has no idea about bench rotation alone.
wasnt des the same with his shitty bench rotation when he was dogs coach?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if it’s already been stated :
10 players this weekend have been told to look elsewhere incl contracted players

hearing tpj was told prior to fri and that’s why he put in a stinker

my guess is he is dolphins bound
surely not... he's 6 months into his deal?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s true why are our NSW Cup equal third (only 3 points F/A) and NRL stone motherless last? Most NSW Cup teams have fringe or relegated NRL players.

I agree Sandercock is A-Grade ceiling at best.
It’s NSW Cup is a poor excuse for reserve grade. You have Panthers & Newtown stacked with NRL fringe quality players and then you have Mounties,Blacktown & Wests with very little (if any) NRL standard players. No coincidence that the smart NRL Clubs have depth in NSW Cup. If an NRL team is hit by injuries/suspensions it heavily affects the NSW Cup side lineups can change dramatically from week to week.
FYI it was Barrett that brought DTT to the Club.; he’s not NRL standard. Don’t rubbish Sandercock just yet, there’ll be some dirty laundry aired in the coming weeks.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy Trent Barrett D-Day, Kennelers. My preference is to keep Barrett until the end of the season, then clean house. Gus can still manage the Roster without a coach. Anyone with half a brain can take a core of Mahoney Kikau TPJ Burton JAC Thommo and the young talent coming through to a finals berth. Spend the time to find his replacement this season, but the right hire, for next season.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched a game with my gurk
Happy Trent Barrett D-Day, Kennelers. My preference is to keep Barrett until the end of the season, then clean house. Gus can still manage the Roster without a coach. Anyone with half a brain can take a core of Mahoney Kikau TPJ Burton JAC Thommo and the young talent coming through to a finals berth. Spend the time to find his replacement this season, but the right hire, for next season.
Walker brothers and bring Sam over