GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is the problem Barrett & Furner has to solve between now and vs Manly

How do they shore up that right edge D?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett doesn’t use the bench properly at all.

We needed BBO to come on during the last 10 minutes of the first half. A fresh zippy player against tiring forwards generally produced results

Barrett is just too stubborn and His loyalty to Okunbor is ridiculous

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree, - sorry to be negative Nancy here, but the improvement we have seen in the team is purely because the good players we have brought in are gelling as they get more game time together. This was to expected given the quality of the players themselves. None of this, I feel, is necessarily attributable to Baz. He is just riding the wave of this.
Don't think your being negative, your stating what you are seeing. While I see glimpses of something fresh I see alot of the old years, I'm not complaining because it seems to be working OK for now.

For now I will take, but to win games against top 8 teams we need to innovate and not expect our new recruits to carry those who don't put in the effort.

Baz needs to pick the right players for round 3, if we have replacements who can work better than tonight he needs to pick them to win some confidence. If I see knockonmore I don't know what I will do.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost because we failed to convert our dominance in the 20 mins before half time. The positive thing was we were creating the chances but poor execution in the final play or just bad luck stopped us getting the points.

It was always going to be dangerous heading into the second half leaving so many points on the field.
As long as Baz persists with JMK at 9 & Averillo
at 7, we will struggle score points & win games. We should have been 18 ahead at half time with our possession. JMK’s service from DH is atrocious and is a poor decision maker.
Averillo is a 1 trick pony; show & go or double pump, sub NRL standard kicking game for a half that doesn’t challenge the defensive line-this also stifles the effectiveness of Burton. Hopefully Cook gets an opportunity at 9 very soon; either shift JMK to 7 or bite the bullet & give Flanno a decent go at 7. The club’s narrative that Averillo is our best option at 7 is an insult to football intelligence.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as Baz persists with JMK at 9 & Averillo
at 7, we will struggle score points & win games. We should have been 18 ahead at half time with our possession. JMK’s service from DH is atrocious and is a poor decision maker.
Averillo is a 1 trick pony; show & go or double pump, sub NRL standard kicking game for a half that doesn’t challenge the defensive line-this also stifles the effectiveness of Burton. Hopefully Cook gets an opportunity at 9 very soon; either shift JMK to 7 or bite the bullet & give Flanno a decent go at 7. The club’s narrative that Averillo is our best option at 7 is an insult to football intelligence.
I’m not saying those players are the answer but we still created plenty of chances to score tries with them In the team. It was literally the final touch like Burton or Pangai not being able to ground the ball that stopped us from scoring.

If JMK or Flanagan are your solution at halfback its just creating more problems.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ needs to get rid of

Dreads
Avo

BBO with burton in the halves, or leave BBO at 9 and give jmk a run with Burt’s until we get Reed next year, also with KIKI arriving we will be looking very very good. He did the correct thing putting TPJ in the middle.
But we have one of the best attacking weapons in the game on the wing. who’s also not getting quality ball or any for that matter. And the fox should have crossed the stripe thrice by now realistically.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not saying those players are the answer but we still created plenty of chances to score tries with them In the team. It was literally the final touch like Burton or Pangai not being able to ground the ball that stopped us from scoring.

If JMK or Flanagan are your solution at halfback its just creating more problems.
Our problem is we are not scoring points.Change nothing, nothing changes. JMK & Averillo haven’t & aren’t working. Case in point: look at how Reynolds controlled & won the game despite NGOs forwards being outplayed.
No use having thoroughbreds if you’re going to use them as draft horses. There has been zero improvement in JMKs DH service noe Averillo getting early ball to the likes of Burns,Naden Fox.
The definition of insanity……

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame okunbor but it’s Barrett who chooses him, Barrett is the reason we lost today 100%
Okun bore is shit defensively full ztop shouldn't be in the side brings fuck all. I don't know how the fuck you are blaming the coach for that loss fuck off with your bullshit fucking threads you fucking wanka...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okun bore is shit defensively full ztop shouldn't be in the side brings fuck all. I don't know how the fuck you are blaming the coach for that loss fuck off with your bullshit fucking threads you fucking wanka...
For choosing a liability… get fucked dumb dog

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our problem is we are not scoring points.Change nothing, nothing changes. JMK & Averillo haven’t & aren’t working. Case in point: look at how Reynolds controlled & won the game despite NGOs forwards being outplayed.
No use having thoroughbreds if you’re going to use them as draft horses. There has been zero improvement in JMKs DH service noe Averillo getting early ball to the likes of Burns,Naden Fox.
The definition of insanity……
Reynolds rode his luck with two tries coming from absolutely nothing tonight. Burton had a much better kicking game too.

I saw positive signs with the ball tonight and throwing the baby out with the bath water at this point it’s ridiculous when you see the potential replacements we have.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds rode his luck with two tries coming from absolutely nothing tonight. Burton had a much better kicking game too.

I saw positive signs with the ball tonight and throwing the baby out with the bath water at this point it’s ridiculous when you see the potential replacements we have.
Not sure why you’re comparing Reynolds to Burton. Averillo is the problem….at 7. You conveniently omitted the fact Reynolds set up Staggs for a try- the difference is good & classy players make their own luck.
Not sure what the positive signs in attack were, By Barrett’s own admission we had 8 try scoring opportunities & converted 2. The Broncs with LIMITED opportunities scored 3!
Our 9 & 7 at present are a burden stifling the direction & execution of our attack. It’s the elephant in the room.
The Club management & Baz Handled & continue to deal with the Flanno situation poorly.
The matter will be made worse with daddy Shane’s sphere of influence in the media moving forward,
Double jeopardy

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett is 100% to blame for the absolute shit show of attack having what 4 sets in a row on their try line? But some players namely I don’t cut my hair okunbir who just watches a bronco run acting baffled he’s on the fkn field. But why was no bulldog charging the kick where the broncos fumbled it, that was an easy try. S
Your take on football is as fucked as your take on politics.