Trent Barret to shift Averillo on the wing and bring Lewis in.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ out for x2 weeks. Averillo on the wing. Lewis at 6 and Wakeham on the bench. Strong rumour happening, board meeting on Monday to release rep forward for Burton.
Round three Burton called it weeks ago or rumours are tumours.
Let’s wait and see ,
I’m sure Napa is gone if you were the coach lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And Flanagan links up with Jake literally 0 times all game. There's something massively wrong and Baz has to address it asap.
This.
Hard to get in the game with the attack we are playing at the moment.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He barely touched the ball as theyve been playing wet weather footy with 1 out runs to forwards (that were getting rolled) which takes his running game out of it. Flanno running the show.
We played no expansive footy past two rounds which doesn’t help his cause.
Throw him on the wing and his confidence will be shot to shit and might aswell let him sit in reserve grade and bring in Lewis.....
He needs to be around the ball as a half should always be first or second receiver not waiting for the ball to come to you I have to disagree about the weather doesn’t help his style i understand what you’re saying but that’s no excuse for not being involved

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This.
Hard to get in the game with the attack we are playing at the moment.
I'm totally confused with our attack...not sure if it's not working because our forwards are getting smashed, teething problems, players aren't executing or we're just shit from coaching right down to the players lol.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm totally confused with our attack...not sure if it's not working because our forwards are getting smashed, teething problems, players aren't executing or we're just shit from coaching right down to the players lol.
Looking at the new spine individually I think they are talented and “should” work. But clearly aren’t combining well at all, haven’t seen Allen to a fucking thing in attack, Avo’s running game has not been tapped into. Flanagan is pick of the bunch but we are not linking up at all.
Something needs to be done and that’s in Baz’s court.
IMO we can’t change the spine at this stage, will do more worse than good. What we do need to look at is our go forward, there simply is none.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He needs to be around the ball as a half should always be first or second receiver not waiting for the ball to come to you I have to disagree about the weather doesn’t help his style i understand what you’re saying but that’s no excuse for not being involved
He can't play on the ball because that's literally Flanagan's role. Flanagan plays through the middle third with Allan and Jake playing short sides. To this point it is yet to work as Flanagan is WAY too dominant and the other playmakers have been suffocated out of the game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we need a dry game to confirm everything you said

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can't play on the ball because that's literally Flanagan's role. Flanagan plays through the middle third with Allan and Jake playing short sides. To this point it is yet to work as Flanagan is WAY too dominant and the other playmakers have been suffocated out of the game.
Yeah, this. Or... Avo is just a deer in the headlights and needs to fuck of back to reggies until his balls drop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, this. Or... Avo is just a deer in the headlights and needs to fuck of back to reggies until his balls drop.
Entirely possible, not unusual for a young player to struggle and go into his shell, even more so in a shit side.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear @Nasheed, mate I know you want to attain cult status on the Kennel. You don’t need multiple identity’s liking and arguing with yourself.

Just study old mate Isaac, an absolute natural...
Again with the accusations

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Entirely possible, not unusual for a young player to struggle and go into his shell, even more so in a shit side.
I actually think Jake is a prospect. But with COVID and last years disrupted competition and our shit roster/management issues/ coaching staff etc he has been dragged into a role probably a season to early.

We are only damaging him by forcing it, that is why I suggested Hopa @6 until Burton arrives. Put Jake back and bring him up on and off at 14 to build his confidence. Otherwise we might burn him. And then he will turn up at the Rooters or Storm and be nurtured properly into a gun player that comes back and fucks us.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that’s a halfback role I’m saying it’s his job to get his hands on the ball to create something out on the edges but I do agree with you about flanno hogging the ball

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think we need a dry game to confirm everything you said
I'm not sure if it would make that much difference, this was something I noticed during the trial and was slightly concerned then. Wakeham and Allan had basically no involvement in attack unless we ran a long sweeping play. Most of the time they were just hanging back on the short side totally inactive and the defence just had to track Flanagan.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if sports bet has a market for who will touch the ball more next week between Flanno and Lewis?! LOL. Especially on the last tackle.