Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They've got To'o, Staines, Crichton, Robert Jennings, May (the non-sacked one) etc... why do they need/want Cotric? I would've thought without Kikau and Capewell that they'd be after back rowers. Also why would they take Cotric on his inflated wage when they're struggling to retain current players?
. Penrith will keep kikau, they need him for next year, no way they are letting him go.
Mahoney was back at parra training today also.

Malla

Reaction score
. Penrith will keep kikau, they need him for next year, no way they are letting him go.
Mahoney was back at parra training today also.
Be hard for Panthers losing Capewell and Kikau in the same year. All of a sudden their back rower depth is gone. Liam Martin looks more like a front rower too.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely. People can argue its 1 good season. But he was beyond good. One of the best players in the comp last year good. 600k for him is good bang for your buck.
I agree, which is why I didn't put him in my post to emphasize the value of Kikau HAHAHA Luciano for 700k at the Cowboys is a shocking buy. Chuck Chad Townsend in their for 800k and they are destined for the spoon.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how the world turns...

We want what Penrith had this year- Burton, Naden, Kikau, (TPJ although we signed him first) & a Premiership.
Who knows, maybe Api trying to get out by playing his "NO VAX GET THE SACK" card - only then for Baz & Gus to convert him)

And Penrith want what we had - Chris Smith, Cristian Crichton & the spoon maybe :blush:..... I bet they pick up Ogden as well.

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised the club hasn’t announced this after the leaked photo. Don’t see the point in holding off announcing it

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I definitely do not think the suggested amount of 800K is coming off the cap straight up. Third party and some Gus Gould magic would be working it closer to 600K off hard cap. He wouldn't come out going on about the spine and its need to invest the money there then spend 800k straight up on a forward. Kikau is a great buy at around 600/650 compared to the money that is getting thrown around at the moment. Expect some other eyebrow raising figures over the next few months due to the Dolphins being here next year and teams having to throw a bit more to keep them on the books.