News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Seems to have gone silent here. I’d love to see us go all out for him on 2025. More than Luai ffs

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Lol article saying bulldogs would have to release marquee players to sign AFB for 2025 despite us losing Thompson and TPJ ….fukin clown has no idea
Who exactly are all the marquee players at the Bulldogs anyway?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who exactly are all the marquee players at the Bulldogs anyway?
I’d argue kikau Jac critta and burton.

Though kikau and burton is on closer to half what a marquees like Munster and ponga and tino etc are…

Jac less than half…

I’d argue critta at 800kish is getting up there but still not exactly 1.2-1.4

Regardless we have no issue with cap with guys tpj retiring randomly and parting with so many including Thompson Flanagan and Allen now off our books all on or over 500k…

Think it’s all about our future spending. Probz 2 big guns left then we will be tapped…

Afb and probz Luai if he leaves panthers.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
The ones who somehow lost their marqueeness when they got here :grinning:
It's funny that you should say that Wendog. As I was typing my post I thought of names like Kikau, Burton, Mahoney and Foxx. To be honest, all in all they have been pretty average since coming to the Dogs. Which is exactly the point you were making.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's funny that you should say that Wendog. As I was typing my post I thought of names like Kikau, Burton, Mahoney and Foxx. To be honest, all in all they have been pretty average since coming to the Dogs. Which is exactly the point you were making.
Unfortunately.
But hope springs eternal for 2024.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I’d argue kikau Jac critta and burton.

Though kikau and burton is on closer to half what a marquees like Munster and ponga and tino etc are…

Jac less than half…

I’d argue critta at 800kish is getting up there but still not exactly 1.2-1.4
Critta marquee yes - but surely we don't have to release him yet - he hasn't even put on our jersey.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eyeing a return? Retired NRL star who walked away from $750k deal spotted at Broncos training

Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

Pangai Jr stunned the NRL in August when he made the stunning decision to walk out on his contract with the Bulldogs to pursue a boxing career.

It was reported he walked away from a $750,000 a season deal.
On Wednesday he was photographed as Kevin Walters’ side trained at their Red Hill base.

According to the Courier Mail, Pangai Jr refused to be interviewed but insisted he was simply there with family and friends to introduce them to Broncos players.

The 27-year-old played 96 games for the Broncos before being released by the club. He won a premiership with the Panthers during a brief stint at the club before joining the Bulldogs in 2022.

Still think he'll sign with the Dolphins at some stage.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eyeing a return? Retired NRL star who walked away from $750k deal spotted at Broncos training

Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

Pangai Jr stunned the NRL in August when he made the stunning decision to walk out on his contract with the Bulldogs to pursue a boxing career.

On Wednesday he was photographed as Kevin Walters’ side trained at their Red Hill base.

According to the Courier Mail, Pangai Jr refused to be interviewed but insisted he was simply there with family and friends to introduce them to Broncos players.

The 27-year-old played 96 games for the Broncos before being released by the club. He won a premiership with the Panthers during a brief stint at the club before joining the Bulldogs in 2022.

who cares..glad he is off our books...he has so much potential but doesnt want to put in the hard yards

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saying he won a premiership with the panthers is like saying the sharks cheated the cap all year but didn't on the GF day.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He must've been there to visit his boyfriend Haas :laughing:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again ffs ?? . . . Oh wait, it's an old thread . . . Give it time though, He will have an allergy to sand next :tearsofjoy:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just back on AFB.

I am from Auckland and it’s crap compared to Sydney. The pussy you see all over Sydney does not compare to the crap on offer in NZ.

I know he’s married but like that stops anyone. No wonder he wants to go back.