News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the fact he would be a massive signing it’s pretty shit that you can build a team around a marquee player, lock them down with a huge long term deal and then they can renege.

Even worse is if they end up at a top 4 team.

If there was one thing the NRL could do to make it a more equitable competition they should enforce a rule that players who break contracts cannot end up in the top sides!
Stupid take. Firstly this rarely happens and like all contracts they can be changed if both sides agree to it.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dragons have a competent coach and infinitely better pack. They are much closer to finals than we are. You guys need to think with your heads and not your hearts. He'd be mad to come here while Ciraldo is at the helm. Ciraldo would probably play him as an edgy lol
The coach who signed Flanagun... competent coach haha :tearsofjoy:
Much closer to finals haha :tearsofjoy:

Dragons sacked him haha :tearsofjoy:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So wants to be closer to parents but is in England for a month.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just to put a little perspective on this situation..
I just found out today that my dad has bladder cancer and it has thrown my world into a spin..
Even the brand new car I bought yesterday means nothing right now..
So if his parents are in a serious health situation and he needs an immediate release..the last thing he would be thinking about is his next potential club..
Don’t expect this to be decided and resolved in a few days..
He would be solely focused on his family right now..
Respect the reason for a release guys and understand his priorities right now..
Good luck with your dad mate

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon manly will be our biggest threat, they have offloaded keppie and josh alioa is not being resigned.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon manly will be our biggest threat, they have offloaded keppie and josh alioa is not being resigned.
I would be very surprised if they could afford him.
Turbo 1.1m
Cherry 1.2m
Humole offered 880k
Schuster 800k
Jurbo 900k

Then throw in the likes of Garrick, Koula, Sabb who were all sought after in the market.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warriors attempt to convince Addin Fonua-Blake to reverse release request in Zoom meeting

But the Warriors are still hopeful of retaining Fonua-Blake, who ironically signed with them from Manly also on compassionate grounds - or getting a top-class forward in exchange.

One official from a Sydney club interested in signing Fonua-Blake told Wide World of Sports, "It's no guarantee they will release him".

"They want an equivalent trade. There are not many options available to them.

"They are Zooming with Fonua-Blake from England tonight (Thursday) and the general feeling is that he will stay in New Zealand for at least another 12 months."

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Turbo 1.1m
Cherry 1.2m
Humole offered 880k
Schuster 800k
Jurbo 900k

Then throw in the likes of Garrick, Koula, Sabb who were all sought after in the market.

It's no way a chance that manly get get him. They have to be only signing minimum squad members with that list of players

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Turbo 1.1m
Cherry 1.2m
Humole offered 880k
Schuster 800k
Jurbo 900k

Think manly with paseka was kept on good coin too.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors attempt to convince Addin Fonua-Blake to reverse release request in Zoom meeting

But the Warriors are still hopeful of retaining Fonua-Blake, who ironically signed with them from Manly also on compassionate grounds - or getting a top-class forward in exchange.

One official from a Sydney club interested in signing Fonua-Blake told Wide World of Sports, "It's no guarantee they will release him".

"They want an equivalent trade. There are not many options available to them.

"They are Zooming with Fonua-Blake from England tonight (Thursday) and the general feeling is that he will stay in New Zealand for at least another 12 months."

To be fair if he was leaving on compassionate grounds, he won't be sticking around for 12 months let alone pre season... I think that's the warriors trying to cool down the media