News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great comeback troll. Find another thread to play in. This one is for the grown ups
Yeh haas, Tino, shit even fisher Harris almost on this kinda coin and afb as good as that tier.

Nelson’s on 800k and these guys are a tier above.

Broncos, storm, panthers…. I’d say roosters had jwh on mega $ for years.

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Whoever gets him will need plenty of available cap money, I don't see anyone swapping a million dollar player for him,clubs tend to wanna keep them. The club who gets him will likely be paying freight on the player they let go,plus need the million plus for AFB
Yeah fair call. Equally tho AFB was a big part of the warriors plans moving forwards and so he leaves a big hole. They’ll need to feel as tho they can mitigate that as part of any transfer deal

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping there's a transfer fee involved...surely that'll work in our favour??

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh haas, Tino, shit even fisher Harris almost on this kinda coin and afb as good as that tier.

Nelson’s on 800k and these guys are a tier above.

Broncos, storm, panthers…. I’d say roosters had jwh on mega $ for years.
We’ve had close to this amount sitting on the sideline. Spending it on a metre eating middle is a no brainer. Plenty of cap space + position we need

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So many teams...almost all....have far better forward rosters and rep forwards in their team. They have managed it, so surely we can afford top knotch signings.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the reports are correct, AFB is on $1m a season…. We’d have to be forking out $1.3-$1.5m for him to just pack up and come over surely?

So what? We have the space! Hell, we still need to reach the salary FLOOR, AFAIK... Just get him to sign on the dotted like before Gus finds another utility to spend it on! :sweatsmile:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing this opportunity has even presented itself (and he wants to go to a Sydney club).

Time for Gus to really prove his worth / his salary and hit this one out of the ballpark. If he can't get this deal done I'll always have serious doubts about his value to us

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This is what I got told earlier today guys and gals

“Gus has been in discussions with Cows to take Taumalolo off their hands “

This is what I got told 5 mins ago

“The Taumalolo plan on hold, Gus is making direct enquires on AFB..If the Warriors let him go which looks likely Dogs going all in”

“The problem is Dragons are making him a priority now and I believe his parents live closer to Dragons HQ, it’s early days but dominoes will fall once the Warriors make their decision “
Thanks for sharing braz

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just looked him up. He turns 28 on Monday and is from Meadowbank. 3 years for $4M and don’t let O’meley any where near him at training.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the fact he would be a massive signing it’s pretty shit that you can build a team around a marquee player, lock them down with a huge long term deal and then they can renege.

Even worse is if they end up at a top 4 team.

If there was one thing the NRL could do to make it a more equitable competition they should enforce a rule that players who break contracts cannot end up in the top sides!

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors won't release him. Dogs need to look else where imo.
Their CEO pissed off another forward who didn’t want to be there recently, so I can see him letting it happen players have families.